University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

Club sports are incredibly popular, and we have many National Championship teams. Intramurals are a great way for students to still play their favorite sports in a laid back setting against other students. NCAA sports are very popluar, we love our FOOOTBALL!!! During the fall and winter, football and basketball are huge social events, and tailgating on football Saturdays is an all day event.

It seems that fraternities and sororities are REALLY important to the people who are actually in fraternities and sororities. But you can make your own friends and have a good life without ever going near them. But if you're into greek life, that's cool too. There are some good opportunities in them, but you run the risk of being stereotyped as the typical frat guy or sorority girl.

A group I am involved with is the UO American Marketing Association, we are a group of professional marketers and the only marketing club on campus to date. UO AMA prides itself on offering real word marketing, in that we not only have guest speakers, but we actually promote and gain sponsorship dollars for a few events throughout the year to give our members actually experience.

Everybody is pretty wild about football and basketball. People party a lot. If you wanted to do something that doesn't involve drinking you could go see an indie film at the Bijou, go to a show at the Campbell Club or the WOW hall, or go out to dinner. There are some good restaurants in town.

Football. Bars. Trips home because Eugene sucks culturally, unless you're a fried out hippie from the sixties who is stuck in a perpetual flashback. Some of the older or more evolved students take in the great outdoors, though they rarely remember such excursions due to the mushrooms.

Some of the more popular student groups are the fraternities and sororities. These groups are designed to create a sense of belonging for students and to also improve students' social network, which can be of great benefit when applying for internships and full-time jobs later on.

I work with reproductive rights on campus. We do a lot of events to educate the campus community about choice issues. There are always amazing speakers, documentary screenings, plays, bands etc on campus. There is no reason to be bored in Eugene.

Mens ultimate team is the bomb. There are great campus bars and the downtown bars are fun too. Max's is my bar of choice. Football and basketball season are huge here. Soon to be baseball too. People party a fair amount here. Peace!

The most popular student groups involve student government, student safety, and saving the environment. Eugene is a very environmentally conscious place to be, and safety is their number one priority for students on and off campus.

There are so many organizations/clubs at the UO. There are club sports for students who like to play sports for fun. There are professional clubs like Alpha Kappa Psi and others.