University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

there is a sterotype of a "hippie" campus and hippie students. I would say that Eugene is definitely hippie as well as the activist students on campus, but the general student population doesnt seem that hippie...or maybe im just used to it.

Everyone's a damn hippie. But, they're the most intolerant kind of hippie. Dare to disagree with the most PC view, and you're shot down. How dare someone be a republican. We know what's best for the world. Kumbayah.

That we are all tree-hugging, weed-smoking hippies completely obsessed with the environment and recycling. Also, that Phil Knight gives us everything sports wise and that it never stop raining during the school year.

It seems like at first glance you only run in to hippies of frat guys/sorority girls. It takes a little more looking, but then you find some people more in the middle.

I have heard we are vegan hippies, and also that UO is the best school in Oregon academically under Oregon Health and Science University.

HIPPIES!!! And that the girls really aren't very cute. Also, the fact that it rains like none other so it sucks here at UO.

People seem to think that the University of Oregon is full of dope smoking barefooted long hairs eating organic granola.

That UO is a hippie school in a very liberal city. That UO is a major party school where everyone smokes pot.

I don't know about the UO specifically, but I Eugene is definitely stereotyped as a hippie town.

Growing up closer to OSU rather than UO, my family always refered to UO as the "hippy school"