University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to the UO mainly because I did not want to live away from Oregon any longer, and it is one of the best universities the state has to offer. It was also perfect for what I wanted. I already had my bachelor's from somewhere else, and all I needed was to do some science classes in order to be accepted into med school. The UO has provided me with an excellent background in the sciences, with lab experience, and made it all possible at a low price. I wasn't looking for a social life, a degree, or lasting friendships. I was looking for a quick way to finish my prerequisites and get into med school. The UO was perfect for me. There are many different types of people at the UO. It truly is whatever you make it. I'm not your average student, but then again, most students at the UO are not average.

I decided to come to the University of Oregon in order to have a completely new experience. I really wanted to get out of Texas and away from the people I went to high school with, not because I did not like them or Texas but because I wanted to broaden my horizons. Coming to Oregon I had a chance to change who I was in high school, make tons of new friends and live in a region of the country I had never lived in before. After visiting the campus I knew that the U of O was where I wanted to go to college.

When I visited campus I was amazed by the beauty of all the trees and the timeless brinck buildings. When I stepped inside the classrooms I was impressed with all the modern amenities. I was also greeted by many people who were excited to answer any questions I had about life at the U of O.

The U of O was the perfect fit for me. Eugene is a great town. It's not too big, but not too small. There is a lot to do at U of O. Many outdoor activities, fun festivals, and great concerts. There are also plenty of sporting events to attend. U of O also has strong academic programs.

Honestly, I chose this school because I was offered a great scholarship, it was in-state, and I knew that with my 3.85 g.p.a I would be automatically admitted without having to apply anywhere else. University of Oregon is the only college I truly applied to.

I decided to go to this school because of the new addition to the Percussion Faculty, Mr. Pius Cheung. He is a phenomenal instructor and the main reason I decided to attend the University of Oregon.

I decided to go to the school because the environment is very accepting and friendly, and I love the oregon landscape. I am also a huge sports fan, and Oregon is a very big sports school.