University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

Madison is world reknowned in its research as well as the high caliber of students who attend this university. The academics are known to be difficult however the variety of choices for prospective majors and courses makes it a very enlightening and enjoyable experience. The numerous extracurricular activities ranging from juggling to boating, basketball, rowing, and ultimate frisbee definitely makes this college an interesting time. Most of the residents around campus are students, which allows for getting to know other students easy. Last but not least, attending badger games is one of the highlights of Madison as well.

My school is best known for being the epitome of what is typically thought of as the American college experience. At Madison there exists a strong emphasis on academic success and an undeniable bounty of school spirit. Socializing is made a top priority by many and it is hard to recognize the quaint city as anything but beautiful. With a legendary football stadium, candy hued chairs at the union, heavily populated libraries [and bars], busy State St. , and the breathtaking capital building all set in America's heartland, it is difficult to imagine anything more symbolic of an American college.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is unique because it?s a culturally rich, Big Ten school drawing students from all over the world. Every enrolled student is proud to be a badger. It distinguishes itself for its array of academic majors, study abroad programs, and exemplary faculty that include world-renowned researchers and scientists. The University of Wisconsin-Madison ranked number 14 in a national ranking of the best values among public universities in Kiplinger?s Personal Finance magazine in 2009, and is adjacent to the State?s Capitol within the heart of a thriving metropolian city.

UW-Madison is known for a variety of different aspects from the lovable Badger mascot to being a renowned research university to its history from the 60s. I personally appreciate hearing about the events that took place within Madison during the 60s with the protesters against the Dow Chemical recruitment company and the later resulting Sterling Hall bombing. The anti-war movement on the UW-Madison campus was crucial to the movement happening nationwide and also gave Madison it's infamous liberal status. I believe this is the most unique of UW-Madison's well known features.

The University of Wisconsin Madison is known for many things, the majority of them positive. There are many libraries on campus, many of which are open 24/7. Madison is known for its prominent engineering and sciences programs. The students here are very liberal and politically involved. There is little discrimination to be found. And there are many police on campus, making Madison a very save school as well. Madison is also known for it's State Street, which is constantly bustling with visitors, shoppers, bar-goers, football fanatics, and of course, students.

UW-Madison is best known for its outstanding curriculm in many different academic paths, such as math, pharmacy, and engineering. The university offers many challenging courses along with countless resources to help students along the journey towards becoming successsful. The university also offers a very friendly yet professional environment with staff so students feel more comfortable asking for assistance in any area that may be needed. It is also known for the great programs that assist graduates of the university in finding jobs after completing their studies.

UW-Madison is internationally known for providing its students with a top-notch education tailored to their specific career goals and path they wish to follow in life. We are known for ourlschool spirit, culturally diverse student and faculty population, and world recognized researchers in all fields of study. UW-Madison is a friendly, welcoming, and accepting university focused on making each individual feel part of the Badger community and family regardless of age, race, gender, upbringing, or socioeconomic status.

I would have to say research. There are so many opportunities to assist a professor in his or her own research as well as funding for one's own research or thesis. I had a friend that studied fruit flies and their behavior for a year, which simply amazed me. I go to a univeristy that can offer such experience to engage what one has learned and challenge one to apply it to real situations and real research. Not only that, but UW-Madison has some of the best researchers in the nation if not world - incredible.

Madison is known for many things. It is known for its rigirous academics, quality programs, and sometimes on the weekend, for sports and drinking. Madison is a very liberal college town. During the day, the campus is packed. At night, the libraries are packed. The drinking is a stress reliever for students who have incredibly hectic and hard work and class schedules. Madison is full of opportunities and unique experiences that can shape a person's career and life.

My university is best known for its party environment; there are plenty of parties that take place all throughout campus. Students can enjoy themselves literally every night of their university career, although they should still use moderation. The University of Wisconsin-Madison is also the home of the Badger Herald, the nation's largest student-run, financially independent newspaper. It's an excellent way to get information about what's going on in the campus.