University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

Although I attend a university of more than 40,000 students, many schools are located within the university. This is great because you can get the big campus feel with a smaller group of professors and peers in your area of study. I really like my university because I get the best of both worlds.

This is the biggest school of the other schools to which I was accepted. The other schools were in smaller towns and did not have a very large focus on drinking and sports. Most of the other schools I considered were specialty schools and were out of state. Most of them were private schools.

I feel that the University of Wisconsin-Madison is unique in that it offers an outstanding show of the balancing of academics and social life. The students here are extremely driven academically but still seem to find time to make the university the extremely exciting and fun place that it is.

It's a beautiful campus and the people are very open-minded. For being racially and ethnically not very diverse, there is still a lot of cultural diversity on campus and opportunity to learn about other cultures/lifestyles. The workload can be tough, but the fun balances it out.

The University of Wisconsin had a type of energy to it. When you walk around, you feel as though people are happy. The campus is awesome! There are tons of restuarants, bars, some lakes, and green space. It is the perfect college town that is actually within a city.

The atmosphere surrounding Madison is unique. The palpable excitement at any sporting event, the academic rigor, and the ideal college town with various ways to fight the freshmen fifteen are all components in order to help make Madison a perfect college for me.

Madison is still in a big city, but the campus is slightly set apart. Madison also has a wide variety of majors, which is great if you are undecided. I also like that Madison is right by the lakes; it makes for wonderful walks in the spring, summer, and fall.

The UW Credit Union has a lot of benefits for students, such as free ATMS, convenient locations, long hours, and free online banking. They also often sponsor events for students on campus, last year bringing the musical act "Rockapella" to Madison.

There is always something to do, people to see, activites to participate in. The campus is absolutely full of events and opportunities. Also I came here because of the lake. The lake is my absolute favorite part about the campus.

The University Bookstore has an enormous, inexpensive selection of nearly every office supply you can imagine. With an entire binder dedicated to binders alone, all of your back-to-school needs can be taken care of in one place!