Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

Sara

I think that my school is unique because my school is known as a polytechnique school, which they offer to give each students their very own laptop. I've never seen any schools that would do that because with the laptops, students here are able to be more involve and have a better communication with everyone from friends to staff to professors. It has also helped students more with a hands-on involvement when doing homeworks and projects. It really reduces the ability to having to rely on the library at all times.

My advice for myself would be; "go for it, it's my future and make a difference". This would be my advice because its a life time experience that could make a change in my future and a difference for myself. There are so many things that I am able to learn from college. It will pay off at the end when I graduate. I will be able to help my own community, myself, and my family in the future. I will be able to make a better and brighter future with the college experience.

The Universit of Wisconsin-Stout is a great school for anyone who wants classes that work more hands-on and teachers that help you learn.

I have met so many different people in college and I think it is important to meet people who think differently than you. When you do this you may see things in a different perspective. It is one of the easiest ways to learn and I think it is one of the most valuable aspect of attending college. For Instance, I'm from a relatively small town and almost all my friends and I thought similarly about most topics. If I didn't go to school that would be all that I knew. I'm glad I decided to go and hope anyone the same experience I'm having.

The Greek program here is great, so I would have to say I brag about my experience in my sorority.

johnny

I have learn the basic student success outline. I learn that being a successful studennt is very easy and it can get harder as you go. I have been under the oppression when I go to College it would be like high school and I found out that it was nothing like high school. By me saying this, is that as I went on more into the college life. I have faced very difficult situations like, working and maintaining my class work/ homework. As I completed my college Success course, now I have develop the mind of taking on more responsibility. I have also learn that in college their is only you and your major that you are trying to reach. I learn that you can not depend on someone else work and answers, you have to trust your own. The most important thing I learn in College is that I'm one step closer to my goals and dreams. When I say one step closer, I mean now that we are out of daycare-(high scool) we are now in the real world. If we can just apply ourselves in doing what is nessacery to become who we want .

Tiffanni

I just completed my first semester of college and it was really a changing expeirence. I had to take classes that I had never taken before and was taught many new things. I learned how to give speeeches in front of an auidence,researsch topics and was taught new ways of how to study. Being four hours away from everthing I grew up with and without a car, really let me find out who I really was. I feel more grown up that I don't have anyone making decisions for me, but me personally taking situations into my own hands and how to deal with stress. Not only have I learned many things academicly, but I've met new people through being apart of my track team. My college experience has been of value because it has made me very independent and resourceful. The knowledge and skills that I will gain will help Ime in the future as I start my career.

My school has a small campus therefore there are not too many people that go to school there. Rather than that of a larger school, I feel like I have more of a personal relationship with my professors. Since my classes are not very large, my professors knows students by their names. Also, in the classroom we have a lot of group activity which makes us work together, but also independently by coming up with our own ideas.

Jenny

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have gained knowledge and experience in my field of study. I have gained leadership skills in the organizations that I have lead and been in. I have learned from other students and staff about the real world and what is expected of me. I have also made life-long friends. I have gotten the experience of a life-time, and found out who I am and what I want to do for my future. I think the reason why it is valuable to attend college is because it changes you for the better. It shapes who you will be in the future and teaches you things that you would have never known if you didn't attend. It gives you knowledge of things that you need to know for your career. Attending college is valuable because it teaches you more than class work, it teaches you how to manage your own time, learn how to be independent, and find yourself. It gives you the chance to find what you like best, what you're good at, and experiement the different things you can learn and do for your future.

The most fustrating thing about my school would be the students. Some students can be really careless. Another thing that I find fustrating is the work load some of the professors give us, they don't realize that we have other classes too and they give us just as much homework as all the other courses we're taking. I find it fustrating when I don't have enough time to do homework.

Jake

In the past, party-school. Currently: one of the first recipients of the Malcolm Baldridge Quality Award (and a continuing drive to improve the value of the product, in this case the student and their education).

At my school I have had the pleasure of meeting new people; professors and peers and members of the community all. Though I am a non-traditional student and I have bounced from school to school throughout the past few years, at my current university I found the right fit for me. And if the satisfaction of those who I have made the acquaintance of is any indicator, I am not alone in this feeling. I think that one of the most important lessons I have picked up is that everyone one meets is going through some sort of difficulty or has had problems that are complex and difficult to solve. Noone should be underestimated. If an education is what prepares you for the future then it must certainly also prepare one for working in the service of others. University of Wisconsin -Stout has been there to prepare me and given me chances. Chances and opportunities like setting high goals for myself and pursuing them in academics, extra-curricular activities, long-lasting personal relationships and more. I'm proud to be a representative of UW-Stout and a product of the quality education system of the United States of America.

Agitators and rabble-rousers. Political advocates do no usually fare well here.

Ayron

My college experience so far has taught me to be open minded and embrace diversity. I am learning to sharpen my mental tools and be prepared for anything that comes my way. College has been valuable to me because it is allowing me to get the education and training that I need to make a better life for myself and my young daughter. It is giving me confidence in my abilities to do well at whatever career I choose to pursue. I have met interesting people and had intelligent conversations that I would not have the opportunity to participate in, and I have joined in community activities that I never would even have known about if it were not for college. College is giving me skills I will need when I join the work community, such as working in a team, public speaking, following directions and meeting deadlines. I am learning to not only work well under pressure, but to thrive under it. As a young person, I could not see the value of this experience, but as an adult, my eyes are wide open to the possibilities that I have opened up for myself by continuing my education.

Adam

I have learned to be independent, and also reach for my dreams. I am really working hard to go to the four year college of my dreams, and I hope that I can do so in the spring, possibly the fall. It has been valuable to attend this school becuase it has been an excellent stepping stone in learning to grow as a person and also to be responsible for myself. I want to move on and succeed and give back to the YMCA, which was a huge influence on me in my lifetime. The next step is affording it. Springfield College is a prestigious YMCA school, and all I need is the money in order to do it. I want to be able to succeed and reach my dreams.

Anthony

drinking, when in dought go to stout, parties, polytech school, great job placement and majors that are offered very few other places like packaging.

Everyone is so friendly and nice, everyone is excepted here and friends are easily made. Along with this most if not all of the teachers want the students to succeed and it shows. There is a strong support group here and if you are ever down there are so many people to help you and it is just the best place to go. Love it here.

I have gotten so many things out of going here but I am going to keep things short and sweet and bring it down to few words that can describe my experience here. Friendships Networking Power Leadership opportunities Job opportunities Expand my knowledge of what I know and learn about new things I have not learned. The list goes on and on. Come out take a visit and you will see for yourself what stout can do for you!

Jocelyn

What I have gotten out of my college experience is responsibility is the keyword. Attending college is a big step and it prepares you for your next school and the outside world. Out of my college experience I have seen how certain schools will help you along the way and how some may not. My college experience teaches me to take reponsibility for my own actions because nobody controls you but you. Also, when it comes to going to class because some classes could be held at the "crack of dawn" but having a schedule and disciplining yourself to go to sleep at certain times shows that you are taking responsibility and that you care about your academics. Attending college has been valuable to me because I have accomplished alot through all my struggles . I was the first of my familyto graduate high school and will make history when I graduate college in December. It's valuable to me because attending college is something very constructive and i'm doing it all on my own having to apply for loans but I love school and my degrees will bring me big money once I get out into the real world.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.