Ursinus College

« See more reviews of Ursinus College

I believe the best thing about this school is the CIE course offered and required to all freshmen students. It really introduces them to the liberal thinking the school would like their students to do, and they really want their students to be well informed of things happening outside the safety bubble of their lives. A lot of outside knowledge and material is presented and students are encouraged to step outside of their comfort zones to really think the way others have. It's a new experience, and great opener to the rest of the 4 years of college.

I feel that the best aspect of my school is the strong academic orientation of the school. I like how I am able to have an active social life while still keeping my grades up and the pressure to join Greek life doesnot conflict with my studies and my ability to make friends. Ursinus is a supportive academically, socially, and emotionally. These were all of the characteristics which I pursued in a school when applying to colleges.

As a school with only an undergraduate student body, there are a ton of opportunities that most undergrads don't get, like doing indpendent research projects, taking on fellowships, and really getting to spend time getting to know professors. It's a fabulous way to really prepare for grad/professional school and is not something one could get at, say, an Ivy.

The sense of community that exists on campus. I really feel that people create strong ties to each other here and form friendships and relationships that have a lasting effect. Greek Life does play a strong role in this for some people, as well, but I believe that overall the sense of community and togetherness on campus is very strong.

The best thing about Ursinus College is the atmosphere on campus. The students are really welcoming and make one feel like an equal. The professors are always willing to work with students whenever they need help. Also, there are countless clubs and sports to get involved in to make the college experience a fun and easy transition.

Ursinus is the perfect college for students looking for a small campus, a person who wants to get involved and one that is academically sound. It offers many areas of study and they are willing to create a major to fit your desires. Ursinus is a great place to be.

The small, family-like community that we had on campus. I loved that everyone knew eachother and got along, including the professors. Everyone was just very helpful and friendly to one another and i loved that!

Ursinus challenged me to think "outside of the box" and to accept or consider other people's opinions and views on a variety of topics such as religion, academics, and politics, among other things.

The best thing was the feeling I had with everyone--even if i didn't like them personally. We all felt like a family--the one's I didn't like were just the annoying "red-headed stepchild"

Community. Its a small school, and its easy to sort out who are your real friends and who aren't relatively quickly. It's not competative, adn its easy to ask others for help.