Ursinus College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ursinus College

Ryan

The education that I received at UC helped me tremendously throughout my career. The academic rigor often felt frustrating as a student but when I left and worked with people who had attended more prestigious universities I was more than able to hold my own. I worked for several years before returning to graduate school to pursue an MA/MBA at two highly prestigious universities. I was able to outperform the majority of my peers in these institutions and it felt like less work than I did as an undergrad at UC. UC is wildly undervalued but seems to be on its way up. I just passed through the campus and was amazed by the new buildings!

Ursinus College has some of the strongest academics from what I have seen and heard in the Philadelphia area. I have taken classes at three other colleges or universities nearby as well. Furthermore, Ursinus professors are without a doubt the best professors around. They will always find office hours for you, and they never skip classes. However, Ursinus could definitely use some updates to the classrooms such as old desks, new boards, and other new materials. The campus does a decent job with providing activities for people, especially as an alternative to drinking. I also know that this is something they are actively putting more effort and money into, as it has already gotten better in my four years there. Ursinus could put more money into its club sports, in which many students partake. We have very active and rigorous club sports team, but the school gives them little funding and horrible options for field or gym space.

Toria

I like being at Ursinus overall it is a nice campus. Yes I admit there are some racial tensions but it expected based on the neighborhood, but because there seem to be more people that are ok and I feel comfortable and safe around it is never a huge problem. The food needs work but what school has awesome food 24/7? I really enjoyed mt first year ae Ursinus and I can't wait to go back.

Ria

Ursinus College is one that is strong in academics and vary in opportunities. Due to the small campus, the class sizes are smaller to give students more attention and have more ability to ask questions. Professors are responsive and care about your education. There are many opportunities for work, study abroad, internships, research, and actual hands on experience. Overall, for a small school, Ursinus has some hidden gems that as a student you must seek in order to utilize your time to its full extent.

Brena

Here at Ursinus there are many opportunities one wouldn't think would be available through such a small school. There are plenty of people on campus that are here to help you make strides and get ahead in your field. The professors are always trying to be as available as possible outside of class to help with anything.

Terry

Ursinus College has a small environment that’ll allow me to thrive from not having too many distractions. I think that having access to professors who have previously been in my current position, will allow me to gain the tools and skills necessary to thrive in my chosen career path.

Jenna

Ursinus College is a really great place to go to school. I was skeptical at first and not very enthusiastic as it was my safety school when I was applying. However, it is much more to me now. I am constantly impressed by the talent and intelligence of both my peers and my professors. There are always activities going on and events to take part in almost every night. The food is definitely not my mother's cooking, but there is always a variety, including vegetarian and vegan options, and wonderful dessert. I am comfortable in my bed, happy with my classes, and I never feel like I am in danger while walking the campus. I feel fortunate to attend such a great college.

Ursinus is an amazing school! The small class sizes make it easy to connect with your professors and get help if you need it. Everyone on campus is super friendly and willing to answer and questions you may have while on campus. The atmosphere is amazing with smiling faces everywhere you look. I would defiantly recommend Ursinus for a small community college.

Avery

Ursinus has something for everyone. Challenging academics, various activities, and always something to do. Although I am not a huge fan of partying, I quickly found a group of friends who have similar interests to hang out with. There's always something going on the weekends, even if you're not into drinking. Professors are incredible and accessible. They truly care about students and they are all so smart.

Angelina

Ursinus is a wonderful school with professors who really care about their students. There are countless opportunities for students to not only further their education and look towards careers but also for students to express themselves freely. It is a campus where everyone always says hello, opens a door when your hands are full and no one will steal your phone from the table while you get food in the dining hall. It's refreshing to be a part of a place filled with so many inspiring and positive people, even if the food isn't all that refreshing.

Thomas

Ursinus College is a great place where you can attend to find great friends, participate in intelligent discussion, and take courses that will challenge and push you to do well. There's always something to do on campus. The only reason you would have nothing to do is because you decide not to do anything.

Devin

Urisnus is a quiet, gorgeous campus that is littered with confusing statues that you will continuously leave you baffled by their purposelessness, but you will inevitably grow fond of their peculiar familiarity. Located 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia in a small town tritely named Collegeville, Ursinus boasts a highly liberal but somewhat homogeneous student body of less than 2,000 students. Despite this, Ursinus offers a wide variety of niches--whether you are looking to pound brews with the boys or participate in a Nerf battle on Saturday night, Urisnus will provide. While the food is hardly palatable in most cases, the academics do not disappoint! Ursinus professors are profoundly capable, intelligent, and open people who strive to support their students in a rigorous academic environment. In essence, Ursinus is an acquired taste that produces some of the happiest students as well as some of the most disappointed.

Sherita

If you are black, do not do it. There are separate rules you must follow and the school leadership does not mind letting you know. They will even intimidate you by calling ou a bully. "Angry black female" or" "Angry black man" are the stereotypes that they label the black students with. They also find ways to get rid of the black students before they graduate their senior year.

Carlie

I love it here I feel welcomed and accepted by students and faculty. It's really easy to make friends and you're most likely going to become friends to someone from each sport so going to the sporting events is always so much fun. Class sizes are small because the student population is small but it makes it a lot easier to get to know your professors. "Off-campus" housing isn't really a thing because the school owns victorian style homes along the perimeter of the school that you can live in for on-campus housing prices. I feel a lot safer walking home from my friends' dorm because the college isn't too big. It is beautiful though and the facilities are immaculate. The gym and the new science building are absolutely gorgeous.

Overall, my experience with Ursinus College has been amazing. As a rising Sophomore, I remember the stress and terror of choosing the "right" college in vivid detail. It can be difficult to tell if you have made the right choice but I truly believe Ursinus was the right college for me. Academically, I have been pushed to excel both by my peers and by the faculty and staff. I have made incredible relationships and have met people that I will never forget. I have also been given access to remarkable opportunities both in the classroom and in school supported activities. One interesting and possibly off-putting aspect of Ursinus is the "Common Intellectual Experience" which allows students to investigate and expand their understanding of the world we live in. This required course broaches difficult concepts and can be awkward at times, but in my opinion, the discomfort is well worth the benefits and I am a better person for taking it. Like any post-secondary education, Ursinus College is not for everyone. However, if you're anything like me, it could be the perfect fit for you!

Isabella

Ursinus College is a small-town college in suburban Pennsylvania. Not to far from Philly but don't except to be going there on the weekends or finding much of a bar scene nearby. There is something students at UC refer to as the "Ursinus Bubble" meaning you are quite literally confined to the small campus of UC majority of your first year, unless you are lucky enough to have a car on campus! If you are looking for a small school where you know EVERYONE and can literally roll out of bed 5 minutes before class, this is the place for you! The academics are rigorous and it is heavily centered on the sciences but other majors do well too. The party scene is nice because it is a wet campus and that allows for drinking everywhere but the freshman dorms. Greek life is very prominent but it isn't the end of the world if you aren't apart of it. But in all honesty most parties are hosted by organizations or Sports teams so just get involved in something so you can get to know people. Definitely not a very diverse school, that is something to mention.

Abby

It is a place where everyone- students, faculty, staff, coaches, alumni- are all invested in making sure we succeed! There are so many opportunities to be involved in academics, research, volunteering, clubs and interest groups, athletics, community service- all leading to growth and connections to the world.

terry

Love it I am a student athlete and it’s great

Irina

A wonderful institution for higher learning! I absolutely adored my time at Ursinus College and learned so much from my time there as a student. I went from being a timid Freshman to a confident Senior and made memories, shared laughs and worked hard to achieve my academic and personal goals. .

Adam

Ursinus provides a valuate education for an affordable price. It provides the desired small-school atmosphere that appeases students looking for a small school. Professors genuinely care about students and the small-class size allows for better professor-student relationships. There is a lot of extracurricular opportunities for students with interests in sports, research, art, and much more.