Victorville, CA
Victor Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Victor Valley College

Heather

I would advise myself to start off full time. I had graduated high school a little early and I was very nervous about starting college: that I would't be able to handle the work load. So I started off only taking a few classes at a time leaving me a little bit behind. When I finally went full time I had little trouble with the classes and I ended the semester with a 4.0 grade average, so now I wish I hadn't been so frightened abut pursuing my educational goals. I would also tell myself to check out the child development courses a little earlier because they really became my passion and I wish I could have known that from the start and not dallied.

A person should attend VVC if they are looking for a way to begin their college career and are nervous because the classrooms have a low number of students and the interaction with the prossessor doesn't have to be limited to a scheduled appointment.

That the instructors are great. When I first started going to VVC I worried that all the instructors were going to be pompous and dogmatic, but so far the intrusctors have been nothing but open discussion about any topic and have made me feel welcome and like I belong.

Elijah

If I could go back in time to talk to my self as a high school senior I would tell myself to take the SAT test to better my chances to get into a better school because that is what most colleges look for when they look at your application. I would look my self straight in the eye and tell Elijah Butler jr to be a better student, and tell him that it will help in the long run. I know Elijah will be in to art, so i would tell him to make up his mind about what art do you want to do in your life. I would tell him to play more sports be involed because if he play the best he can, and keep his grades up that can lead to a scholarship. When you are doing all of this make sure you study for every thing to be better in your class especially British literature. The last thing is take the Victor Valley College assessment test more serous. The last but not least is to have fun with your friends it's your senior year and enjoy your prom remember this class of 2007.

Victor Valley College is just for every one who want to better their education. Its for the young people right out of high schoolwh o want to better them selves in education. The people who can't afford the a university, but still want to go for their dream of being a business major. Then the people who want to turn their life around like an x-con. The school is for anybody even the people who want to come back to school for work, or just to get a head in life. Victor Valley College is just for everybody.

I tell my friends that Victor Valley College is great for me because I wasn't ready to go straight to a university, and i couldn't afford all the expenses that a university has. Victor Valley College really prepairs you to move on to a university after the two years here. The school has plenty of majors just like a big university, and it has majors that i know I am going to love doing. This school has nice size class where you can get help, tutoring when you need help. VVC has a good price people can afford.

Neessa

My school is best known for its nursing program. The program is extensive and challenges students to be the best.

I would say: " College is not as hard as you think. The purpose is to prove that you can comprehend the assigned material for a grade. If you focus and try the best that you can, you will be fine. Never give up because you have the power to change the world for the better. Do not doubt yourself because you sometimes feel inadequate. Understand that you will always be equally capable and equally intelligent. As long as you stay true to yourself, your potential is unlimited."

The only thing that I dislike about my school is the fact that they do not announce activities in a timely manner. Some activities seem interesting, but I never hear about them until it is over or it is announced in the school newspaper.

Over-populated and under-funded, Victor Valley College provides exellent learning environments and instructors in spite of State budget cuts and limitations.

College is matter of perspective, so make it into something grand. Everytime you're up at 4:30 in the morning trying to finish a research paper or when you're burried under a mountain of math homework just remember to smile and soak up every minute of college life because it doesn't last long. Try hard, regret nothing and learn something new everyday.

Ambitious, motivated people do best in school. One doesn't need to know exactly what to do with a degree when entering school, but must have endurance and self discipline.

Shiloh

If I had the choice to to go back to myself when was a senior, I would tell myself not to be so exact in my aspirations. At this time of life there are so many important decisions we have to make and life likes to switch it up sometimes. Although at the time it might not seem right as time goes on we start to realize that the unexpected turns we have are usually the most important and life changing. The best thing to do is just to except these changes and do the best that we can.

The only thing I wished I knew before I came to Victor Valley College is the importance of organizing my time better and reconizing that I would have a irregular schedule which was different from High School, where everyday was the same.

The most frustrating process at Victor Valley College is the regestration. Probably like most schools, there are too many people and not enough classes. It is a race to get the classes you want at the times you need.

debi

If I could go back in time and talk to young Debi, I would tell her that now is her time! She can be anything she wants to be.... Going to college is just the begining of her life. Going to college will open her eyes to so many different things she can't get anywhere else. In college there are many opportunities to experience life to the fullest yet still growing and bettering herself to enter the career world when she graduate. It is still hard work, but it will be harder if she waits. There is so much more support and help to let her be successful. With the support, she will build friendships. These friends will help each other grow and become more wonderful than they are now..... These friends are friends that she will have for a lifetime. So don't do it for anyone else... do it for herself because she is worth it! (i have faith in her, ldebi)

Joshua

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to continue in college until i had earned my B.A. degree. I got my A.S. degree and then stopped going to college after that. Now I am starting back in college to get a better education and make myself more marketable in this economy that is so had to find a job in now. So I would tell my high school senior self to stay in college until I had earned my B.A. degree. Its a decision I wouldnt regret.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone that doesnt want to learn. The majority of the professors that I have had have been very helpful and have wanted to help the students learn. This school would not benefit someone with no desire to learn or ambition.

The lack of class, due to the economy there have been a lot cuts to classes which is frustrating to us students. It makes it harder to get the classes you want because so many other people are trying to get the same class too.

Faith

I am faced with a decision, do I go to college and continue my education or do I get a full time job? I think about college and the possibilities that I could face. If I work full time, I could be wasting precious time in acheiving my goals to start a career. Getting a college educationwould open up a whole new avenue for me. I should not postpone this opportunity. I can apply for scholarships and grants and I just might get them. As long as I stay focused in school just like I have done through high school, I shold do just fine in college. My future is waiting for me. If I don't take a step forward, I am never acheive my goals.

michelle

i would be proud of myself because i was a very good student and stayed focus.

i would be proud of myself because i was a very good student and stayed focus.

i wish i had of known that all the teachers would be so inspiration. if i would have known that i would have started al ong time ago.

i consider the students the worse thing because they do not appreciate the learning that they are given everyday.

Victor Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.