Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

A big part of being a Demon Deacon is supporting athletics. Football games and basketball games are especially a huge deal. But there is an chance for everyone to find a sport they love from Rugby to Frisbee. Being a theatre minor theater I am partial to the performance arts at Wake like the plays, singing and dance concerts. The closest friends are usually met freshman year in your hall or dorm. There's a lot of studying but also time for fun like Wake Wednesday when frats throw theme parties and a shuttle that runs students to downtown bars. Most events are located on campus though, we call it the "Wale Forest Bubble" we don't leave too frequently.

Social life at wake basically revolves around Greek Life and atheletics. If you aren't in a frat or sorority, you are really missing out of social connections and true friendships. Football players and Basketball players are by far the most recognized at Wake. As far as dorm life, I love it. Everyone on my hall is great, but i think i may have gotten lucky. I have never had a problem getting a shower, having privacy, or falling asleep. I personally leave my door open all the time when I am in the dorm because I love for people to stop by and chat, but mostly I am in lounges talking with other people and doing my work, because I do have a lot of it!

As far as the social life goes, I would say it is primarily Greek party wise. That could also be because me and most of my friends are involved in greek organizations, however. I know a ton of people in my dorm who choose to not attend parties or drink on the weekends and theres always something going on, whether its concerts in chapel hill or greensboro (or even downtown winston-salem) or student union and student government activities - like Shag on the Mag. You meet a ton of great people both at parties and on your dorm halls. Everyone is really social and you shouldn't have a problem finding a fit thats right for you.

People at Wake do not date. They hook up. Sometimes people hook up exclusively--then they become boyfriend and girlfriend. Dating doesn't happen. I met my closest friends through my freshman hall and my sorority. Greek life is pretty much key at Wake. I know a lot of people who didnt get into a frat or sorority feel excluded since so much of what goes on is Greek-related. Off campus, the options of what to do are slowly diminishing. Wake has been buying out some local bars, and now there are 2-3 options that are close... otherwise you have to go (Far away) to downtown to have your fun.

There are literally too many popular student activities/groups to list here. Whether it is the vibrant Greek life scene on campus, or the thriving media organizations, students are quick to find their niche here at Wake. Even the Division I athletic teams we boast are exciting to support during their regular seasons. Parties are common, and every Wednesday is the only week day you will find available to relieve the stress of Wake Forest's academic rigor. The university owns the motto: "Study hard, Party harder."

The most popular groups on campus are definitely the Greek systems. I'm a Kappa Delta, which is a sorority. We're known on campus as the "smart girls." Students typically leave their doors open in the dorms. I met my closest friends through my sorority. The dating scene is non-existent. People are either in committed relationships or they just hook up. The Greek system is very important. Last weekend I went to a frat party. There is not much to do on the weekends that doesn't involve drinking.

people often go off campus for night life. Either there are frat parties in their houses or at bars(where ppl can still drink easily) many times alcohol is free. There are also a lot of good places to eat. people leave their doors open a lot and i never feel bad going into ppls rooms to talk and hang out. A lot of times my friends and i wioll watch our fac shows in our rooms and on the weekend have awesome pregames either in our rooms singing songs.. or with out sororit.

Greek organizations are very popular. I love my sorority! Joining Delta Zeta has been one of the best choices I have made during my time at Wake. Greek life in general is very welcoming and open and it is a good way to meet new people. All the frat parties are open but you have to be invited to sorority functions. Wednesdays are a big night for people to go out to parties but some students still choose to stay in and catch up on school work.

Greek life is huge on campus, although the school is trying to downplay its presence *by taking down the Greek letters on the quad) Athletic events are pretty big, especially basketball and football i'm awake at 2 am on a Tuesday.. I'm studying my brains out People party a lot. There is something to do on any given day

The Greek scene is HUGE at Wake. If you are able to find a group outside of a sorority/fraternity, good for you, but good luck. The dating scene at Wake is just that, a dating scene. Not many people have random hookups, and if they do, they turn into regular hookups which leads to them dating.