Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

You don't need to decide what you want to do right off the bat, but don't waste your time on campus without a plan. Find a place that works for everything: it provides a good education, it's close/far enough away from home, it has the social life you desire. Once you get to college, be active. Join a community and get involved. It's the best way to meet people and get into activities that can help you and your carrers.

I would tell myself to prepare more. I knew college would be different, but it was a major transition for me. I was not used to being away from home and basically taking care of myself. I would have also told myself to focus more on my academics. I slacked off in high school, and then tried to raise my GPA at the last minute. If I had a higher GPA I feel that I would have qualified for more scholarships and grants.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would mention getting invovled. With my job it is very difficult to find time to be involved in activities, clubs, sports, or any other group thing at my school. However, I feel as though I am not involved enough to satisfy myself. I would tell me to join a club or volunteer with groups at my school because that is the only way to truely enjoy the college experience.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself all that I've learned about college. There has been so much that I've learned from my first day in class to where I'm at today. I've had to learn the hard way with many things because I was on my own. No one in my family had ever gone to college so they were learning with me. I would tell myself what I've learned so I wouldn't have to figure out the hard way.

The best advice I can give is to do your research. Its ok to be picky, because you will be in that enviornment for at least four years. Visit the Colleges and Universities that you have interest in and try and make a very Productive decision, not a popular one. That decision will determine your future and effect the rest of your life. Remember to study hard and dont be afraid to have a little fun* ;)

I would tell my self prepare early as possible. When it comes to finacial aid because paying for college is just as important. As attending a school because you cannot start until the payment is somewhat or all paid off. Also don't worry about making friends. If you're meant to have friends at your school so be it. Or if not don't worry about Breauntae, care about yourself and your education.

Allow your student plenty of time to discover which school is right for them. You should start searching with them their sophmore year of high school. Let them go to campus visits and allow them to stay for a weekend to see what it's like to eat and be in the atmosphere of other college students. Also, make sure that they apply for college by the middle of their senior year in high school.

I would make sure I liked the location of the University. I went to WMU my first semester and I hated it because it was in the snow belt and there wasn't alot to do there accept partying which I don't like to do so I ended up coming home practically every weekend. I love where Wayne State is located. It's downtown and it makes me feel like I am in a big city like Toronto, which I love.

If time allowed me to go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to enjoy college life more. Each day in college is a day full of new knowledge and experience. Therefore, I would stay focused on my academic pursuits, but I would also absorb my surroundings more because college is a time in my life that will shape me not only as a student, but as an individual.

Look at all the programs available and the availabilty of courses inorder to finish at a reasonable rate. Then look at the financial status of it all, education is very important but should not be something that runs you dry. If commuting, think about transportation, cost of gas, and parking costs. If rooming, think also about cost, area (how safe and close to campus).