New Castle, DE
Wilmington University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wilmington University

Wilmington University has given me so much opportunities. I started attending school here 3 years ago. It was one of the best decisions I could ever make. The family-like atmosphere, approachable faculty and staff members, and the individualized attention makes me feel comfortable and like I belong. I cannot wait to call myself a Wilmington University graduate in just one month.

Nick

Online classes are pretty straight forward. Some really good information is being shared, but nothing ground-breaking. Teachers are helpful and kind for the most part. It is usually hit or miss depending on the department and the teacher, but my overall experience has been quite good.

Elijah

Wilmington University is a great school as far as academics, campus life, and an overall education experience. The new blackboard system where students submit their work for class needs a small bit of work as far as accuracy. Other than that Wilmington University is a great school for students to attend.

Ciana

Wilmington University is a a successful and fast growing institutions. It's easily accessible, beneificial, and rewarding. The professors and faculty are understanding and helpful. Student life is limited but athletics are filled with spirit. WilmU offers courses for every type of student.

Tawanda

I am an online distance learner at WilmU. I have visited the campus several times and it is immaculate, newly built and inviting. I get text invitations to campus activities. I also can join campus groups online. Professors are an email away although they have posted office hours.

Edward

Number one, don't take that year off. Yeah it sounds tempting but that year turns in to two and then you wait a little too long. Take chances with your classes and network, being a loner because it's only community college and you're planning on moving in a few years doesn't mean you can't make some great new contacts. Be yourself and listen, many people will really understand who you are and really like you for you. Most of all, don't be afraid to ask for help! It's fairly easy to be overwhelmed sometimes, but everyone wants to succeed and is willing to help you do the same, that includes you're professors.

I wish I knew how to program, I came into the school with zero programming knowadge and am absolutely overwhelmed at times when trying to keep up with the other students.

The classes are small and filled with great professors. It is very easy to both meet new people and make new friends.

Kacey

I love Wilmington University. The class sizes are small so I have never felt like just a number there. I have never felt uncomfortable approaching my professors with a question or concern. I do really well here, and I feel like anyone could do well here. The only downside is the parking. Since it is a commuter school, sometimes it can be really difficult to find a parking spot.

I can't say there is a stereotype because there are so many different types of students at Wilmington.

Wilmington has many clubs such as the Student Government Association, the Student Alumni Association, Running Club, Dance Club, many honor societies, as well as other clubs. For sports, Wilmington has soccer, cross country, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading, baseball, and softball. There may be more that I am forgetting.

There is a huge variety of students at Wilmington. You have the traditional college student that just got out of high school, as well as many older adults who have careers and are going back to college. There is a lot of diversity here.

There is so much variety in the academics. There are many courses to choose from that can expand your knowledge on many different areas.

allegra

The best advice I would give myself would be to stay focused and no matter how hard things get do not give up. As the only person in your family who attended college there is a lot at stake. As long as you keep God as the head of your life and keep your head in the books everything will work out fine. Entering the real world is not a game, and your education is very important.

The block scheduling is great and helps full time workers as well.

Leslie

My classmates are people who share the same dream as me, they're future educators who are excited and ready to touch the lives of many young students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell her, " Leslie, you need to take college very seriously. College is more challenging than you think and if you want to be successful you have to make education a priority. Stay focused and keep your GPA up. Also, if you don't want to struggle financially you need to apply for as many scholarships as you can now. Tuition and books are really expensive at a community college and once you get to the university for your bachelor's degree tuition is going to double. Applying for finacial aid is just as important, it's a long process so be patient because in the end it'll all be worth it. Lastly, if you know you want to be a teacher, enroll in the elementary education program and don't change your major, stick with it, I promise you'll love it. Leslie don't ever stop believing in yourself. You might face situations that will make you want to give up but you have to push yourself. Remember that the future belongs to those who believe in their dreams."

I attend Wilmington University at the campus in Georgetown, Delaware and because it is not the main campus, students are not provided with the same services and facilites. The worst thing about Wilmington University in Georgetown is that is does not have its own bookstore, library, or computer lab. Staff and students of Wilmington University have to use the Delaware Technical and Community College's facilities including the bookstore, library, computer lab, gym, etc.

Wilmington University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.