Top 10 Wacky Scholarships
Ever heard of this old adage?: Don’t judge a book by its cover. This quote holds true in the world of scholarships. Not all scholarships require you to have an astronomical GPA or numerous hours of community service. Sometimes, all it takes to win free money for college is creativity to make a prom dress out of duct tape or a skill for playing marbles. So, don’t give up on your search for funding your educational goals. Explore these wacky scholarships below. You could be the next winner!
1. Tall Clubs International Scholarship – Too tall? I doubt it. To qualify for this scholarship, you must be a male 6’ 2” or taller or a female 5’ 10” or taller. Who said growing up was a bad thing?
2. Potato Industry Scholarship – The National Potato Council gives one deserving graduate student a $5,000 scholarship. You must be pursuing advanced studies in Agribusiness to enhance the potato industry.
3. Duct Tape Stuck on Prom Contest – If you are creative and fashion-savvy, this scholarship is for you! Win $5,000 in scholarship money for your sense of design.
4. Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship – Free money is available for high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools or communities.
5. OP Loftbed Scholarship – This $500 scholarship only requires you to answer a few wacky questions (i.e. What's your most distinctive personality quirk?).
6. National Marbles Tournament Scholarship – Got game? This contest awards scholarship money to kids skilled in the game of marbles.
7. Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest – Are you an animal lover? Specifically, ducks? Well, perform your best duck call and win a $2,000 scholarship.
8. American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship – Fire sprinklers save lives. They can also win you a $2,000 scholarship.
9. Mycological Society of America Scholarships – Like fungi? Win scholarships for your research in mycology.
10. John Gatling Scholarship – Have plans to attend North Carolina State University and have the last name Gatling or Gatlin? If so, I see a scholarship in your future!
Apply today! Then, tell us about your scholarship experience by leaving a comment. We want to know your story!