Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Martez

Although its going to be rough when you start, and your going to want to quit , you stick in their it will pay off in the future.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they need to update ther software.

Alabama A&M University is a university that expects nothing but success from the students who attend.

My classmates are very knowledgeable, focused, extroverted people.

If I could go back, I would have taken the AP classes. I would have applied for more scholarships. I would make sure that I still have had a stronger study focus. I would not have allowed my self to procrastinate of projects or reports. I would tell myself to tighten up and keep a strong head on my shoulders.

Alexis

Something unique about my school campared to other schools is that it is an HBCU meaning it is an historical black college/university, and it is very cultural rich.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself alot of things to prepare myself for the transition to college life. First i will tell myself to stay focus and put my class work before social life because friends will be there. I would also tell myself watch who you hang around with because depending on who you hang with might be putting out a bad image on you and you never know who is watching. Also get involved from the beinging of your freshmen year, it can help you in the long run and make the transition to college alot easier. Those are just a couple of things i would tell myself if i was able to go back in time.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the finanical aid office is always late and slow and do not give you enough information so that you can prepare yourself. They also really see, like they do not want to work.

Tr?ndolina

Well,The biggest issue is that the natural instincts of most students lead them to do things that gain them social and life experience. They hang out with their friends, they go to parties, they join clubs and teams, and they're eager to dive into 'grown-up' activities like driving, having a job, and going to bars. .I remember when I was about to go to university I read a few times something along the lines of, "College is great. It's a fresh start and you can totally re-invent yourself!" That's true to a point but I think overall the kind of person you were in high-school is going to be the kind of person you are when you first get to university.

The most inortant is that the way of treaching it was not good. The teachers most of the time were not correct. Missing of the Learning room.

Students that are motivated to be somebody one day. The student who always been the types of person who has a tremendous amount of desire to achieve. Stundents that think A college education will increase the ability to understand developments in science and society, to think abstractly and critically, to express thoughts clearly in speech and writing and to make wise decisions.

brittany

My school is known for traditional basketball game, football, and greek organizations. We also have one of the best education programs

Dont take high school for granted. It actually matters. Sports arent everything, college sports are so different

How slow the staff is when you need something done. How bad the living conditions are. The limited financial aid. The atmosphere....i dislike this school

brittany

We all come from different schools, in which we never learned the same things

We all come from different schools, in which we never learned the same things

I would tell myself that sports are not everything. Grades count the amount of points that you make dont. Focus on what really matters and stop playing around. Keep your head on straight and dont let anyone turn you in the wrong direction.

The supportive teachers, school spirit, on campus activities

Geoffrey

My classmates are dynamic. You have some that are study bugs and always in the books, and then there are those that are super laid back and chill and just let things go naturally. Its a great blend and their personalities vary widely. But they all have some cool aspects about them.

Dont let up until you graduate. Submit as many scholarship applications as possible starting today, because the worst feeling is knowing you could have but you were too late. Have your things organized and make it a habit to remember your ID number. Never use another freshman as a reference. Some upperclassmen are there to help and others use you for their amusement. Your teachers will help you as long as you show concern and work hard.

the school environment is very lively. There is a lot to do, and i meet different types of people everyday. I love going to events on the yard, at the gym, and at the student centers. The school keeps me busy, with all the organizations and all the things they host also.

TaLisa

My school has a sense of school spirit that I have never seen before in my life. There are times where all the students, teachers, counselors, advisors, fans, friends, and family of the school come together as one and celebrate school spirit. The people who are involved in our community are very helpful and kind, and makes being an Alabama A&M bulldog an experience of a lifetime. This experience is one I want to finish and share with everyone that I know and will know, or anyone I will ever come in contact with in my lifetime.

I would tell parents and students to make their college choice wisely. I do feel like a brand new environment can be the most exciting, but most risk taking chance. I think parents and future student's should ask the opinion of current students, and check out the campus and all it has to offer; from dorm rooms to classrooms. I also feel as if parents should go the extra mile as to looking up statistics and facts about the school to fully understand where they will be sending their child. In order to make the most of out a college experience, I highly advice students to take the first semester easy and engage in any clubs or activities that interest them. Stay focused, and do not be scared to be yourself, because in college there is someone every type and friends can come from all across the world.

I brag mostly about the social part of the school. The student activities, fraternities, sororities, and student government. I also brag about my accomplishments of finally making it away from home, out of state, where I can attempt to start a brand new life.

CHANTELLE

9 TIMES OUT OF TEN YOUR CHILD WILL FEEL LIKE THEY ARE AT THE WRONG COLLEGE AND HATE TO BE THERE. BUT INSTEAD OF DREADING EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF BEING THERE ACCEPT IT, AND MAKE THE BEST OF IT. THEY SHOULD REMEMBER THAT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT WISH THEY HAD AN COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY

SOMEONE WHO IS USED TO ALWAYS BEING INVOLVED AND DOING ACTIVITIES

tHERE IS LITTLTE TO NONE SCHOOL PRIDE

Make a list of your personal institution preferences such as distance from home, availability of your intended major, extra curricular activcities, and surrounding opportunities for work experience. I would definately suggest applying to schools early.Most likely during your junior year and at the latest the beginning of your senior year. This will give the schools a better impression of your determination to get an education. This also gives you more time to make your final decision between the schools once you receive the acceptance letters. It helps to compare the schools pros and cons to make that decision and make sure the school you choose is right for you.

The worst thing about my school would probably the meal plan options and cafeterias. There are only two meal plan options that are not that different and the cafeterias don't have as wide of variety of food as most people would like.

A person who is closed minded and pessimistic shouldn't attend this school. As a student you have to be open to new ideas and views and able to see the brighter side of things.