Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Natasha

Overall, Alabama A&M has been a slew of new experiences for me. Although every campus has its ups and downs, Alabama A&M was full of open minds and excited young people that wanted nothing more than to help do their part to change the world. The teachers and administration have always been eager to help their students and it created a space for uninhibited creativity and knowledge.

When I was introduced to this university, it was more so because it was my last hope, and I was honestly terrified of the transitioning. Nestled in a somewhat urban area of Huntsville, Alabama, this university was as outdated as the founding father buried there. For students raised by it's alum, this university is purely magical as the walk and live vicariously through the glasses of the predecessors before them. However, for someone new to this, it was absolutely lackluster in comparison to the historically black university I had to leave due to illnesses. Now the meat of this review, the Biology department was mostly ran by voices that showed up for their tenure but lost the most important parts of themselves, their passion. They would show up to the first day of class with their twisted lips and a syllabus that oozed various stereotypes of the majority, yet their attendance records were scarce despite the expectations they had for their students. Our building may have still had remnants of mold and carcinogens, their telescopes were older than my parents, and their resources were not competing with the universities around them. I'm sure most will not heed to this review, however if you're looking for exposure to opportunities like studying abroad it's very scarce.

areyah

its a very nice college

its a very nice college

Chris

Alabama A&M is an excellent HBCU if you're looking for a campus where most if not everyone knows your name. Class sizes are relatively small (20-30 students), so you're likely to receive more individualized attention when needed than at a PWI. **Finals are IMP-ORT-ANT (all professors are not generous) Greek life is important to those involved; for those of us who aren't interested, it's merely entertainment. Parties are always going on year-round , so if you want to fail, go ahead and attend the majority of those. Traditional housing - eh, you get what you pay for. Up-scale housing will cost you an arm and a leg, but it's worth it (larger living space, with attached bathroom) Cafe food is a 50/50 on most days

Devin

Alabama A& M University is all I wished for in a college and more. It has a very diverse student body.

There really isn't a stereotype. Everybody is into their own thing.

Class participation is crucial at my school. About 20 percent of the students are very competitive, in a fun way. If you don't like to read or write a lot, this school is not for you.

Devin

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would definitely apply for more scholarships, regardless of the dollar amount. I would take the ACT exam every time it was given because most scholarships use those scores when selecting recipients. I had no idea that college was so expensive. I visited three schools during the fall of my senior year. I would visit several different colleges during the summer before my senior year. I would ask more questions about the costs associated with each individual college and the curriculum needed to become an Occupational Therapist. While participating in sports and volunteer services, I would make a stronger effort to obtain references from teachers, my principal and volunteer coordinators. Something I learned the hard way is that it is very important to follow-up on contacts you’ve made. I would not assume that because someone is an adult, they would follow through on references without a friendly reminder from me. I was a procrastinator in high school, always putting things off until the last minute. If I had a do over, I would complete projects as early as possible giving myself time to perfect certain things.

It is best known for its STEM related fields of education, especially for minority students.

The financial department seems to be slower than other colleges in updating student accounts. Sometimes you have to make several trips to the office to make sure you have enough money for books.

Devin

If you are a big-city, party-type person, this school is definitely not for you. The school has many activities on campus, but they are basically meet and greet type activities, giving you the opportunity to network with your peers. There are very few coordinated off -campus activities because they want you to be able to concentrate on your courses during your Freshmen year.

It seems like it takes forever for your financial aid money to become available.

Sierra

If I could go back and talk to myself and give myself advice about college I would first tell myself to be sure to remain optimistic and stay surrounded by positive people. I would also tell myself to stay focused and don't be afraid to ask for help because there are a lot of people willing to help you if you just ask. College can get very tiring and stressful at times especially if you don't have balance, time management skills, and good studying habits. If you don't surround yourself with positive people there is a chance that you can be thrown off of the right path because of the partying, excessive work and lack of motivation. I would tell myself to just keep an open mind and be sure to remember why I attended college. Things will get extremely hard at times but don’t give up because the outcome of your success will last a lot longer than the things you go through to obtain it.

The best thing about my school is the organizations and business program.

I mostly brag about the unity of the students and how talented eveyone is.

Joshua

Alabama A&M is best known for its service to its students. There is always someone there that is willing to help you out, all you have to do is seek them out. Within my first year although I am an out of state student I have made many of friends with freshmen and upper classmen.

The students at Alabama A&M are focused on their education when their education is their first priority.

I know you are really nervous about all the possibilties out there, but its ok. Now is not the time to focus on where your friends of right now are going, its time for you to focus on this last year. i know the idea of you being a senior makes you want to relax with your peers and the work load is even more strenuous then before, but it is all apart of preperation. Before you decide where you go to college really think of how much space you would between you and your family, also when you go and visit a college make sure you check and see what there is to do off school grounds.

Corbett

Hindsight is always 20/20. As we get older, we learn life lessons. Lessons that our parents try to teach, but most of the time we just don't want to listen. For the most part, life experience is the only entity that helps us to understand and to grow. One lesson I would tell my 18 year old self in high school is to let him know that at this moment in his life that he is not ready for college. It is hard to admit to yourself that you are not mature enough to handle the stressors of college; some people can handle it, others cannot. Joining the Air Force and serving my country for six years has been the most rewarding time of my life and helped me to grow as a person. It gave me the discipline I needed to help cope with the importance of college and to help deal with all the weight on my shoulders. I am not ashamed to admit that I did not succeed my first go around at college. I am proud to know that I fell off the horse and got back up to finish my goal.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.