Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Tierra

I love my University! I have never felt so comfortable being here. I am originally from Omaha, Nebraska, and when I arrived on campus, plenty of people welcomed me with positive attitudes, which made my welcome feel even better. I do suggest people look into this University. I never feel left out, my instructors are always available, and I'm overall just feel happy here. I love my HBCU, AAMU!

Daja

Alabama A&M University has been really hard to adjust to. I'm currently in the process of transferring to seek a better education and opportunity. If you like learning, you should love college; however, I regret to inform others that this school has a hard time showing their students the route to success.

I absolutely love my school even though we have quite a few problems that need to fixed. I find that we are a "family" instead of peers. I also have relationships with the staff members. Initially, I had reservations about leaving home, but I have a family here as well! Everyone from the custodians to my financial aid advisor are always there to talk. I really love my school!

Na'Taja

My opinion on Alabama A&M is very open and warm welcoming although it is established as an HBCU many students are recommended no matter their race, culture or ethnicity group. The academics that stand within Alabama A&M is very intellectual it gives your mind a free space to think and voice your opinion when needed. The campus is very cozy, its basically another place to call home. You will undergo many different experiences with other students as well as professors. The professors here at Alabama A&M make it a purpose to help your work as well help you search for opportunities outside of school. The environment here is very peaceful and different , you learn and you find yourself more involved in different activities on various levels.

Natasha

Overall, Alabama A&M has been a slew of new experiences for me. Although every campus has its ups and downs, Alabama A&M was full of open minds and excited young people that wanted nothing more than to help do their part to change the world. The teachers and administration have always been eager to help their students and it created a space for uninhibited creativity and knowledge.

When I was introduced to this university, it was more so because it was my last hope, and I was honestly terrified of the transitioning. Nestled in a somewhat urban area of Huntsville, Alabama, this university was as outdated as the founding father buried there. For students raised by it's alum, this university is purely magical as the walk and live vicariously through the glasses of the predecessors before them. However, for someone new to this, it was absolutely lackluster in comparison to the historically black university I had to leave due to illnesses. Now the meat of this review, the Biology department was mostly ran by voices that showed up for their tenure but lost the most important parts of themselves, their passion. They would show up to the first day of class with their twisted lips and a syllabus that oozed various stereotypes of the majority, yet their attendance records were scarce despite the expectations they had for their students. Our building may have still had remnants of mold and carcinogens, their telescopes were older than my parents, and their resources were not competing with the universities around them. I'm sure most will not heed to this review, however if you're looking for exposure to opportunities like studying abroad it's very scarce.

areyah

its a very nice college

its a very nice college

Chris

Alabama A&M is an excellent HBCU if you're looking for a campus where most if not everyone knows your name. Class sizes are relatively small (20-30 students), so you're likely to receive more individualized attention when needed than at a PWI. **Finals are IMP-ORT-ANT (all professors are not generous) Greek life is important to those involved; for those of us who aren't interested, it's merely entertainment. Parties are always going on year-round , so if you want to fail, go ahead and attend the majority of those. Traditional housing - eh, you get what you pay for. Up-scale housing will cost you an arm and a leg, but it's worth it (larger living space, with attached bathroom) Cafe food is a 50/50 on most days

Devin

Alabama A& M University is all I wished for in a college and more. It has a very diverse student body.

There really isn't a stereotype. Everybody is into their own thing.

Class participation is crucial at my school. About 20 percent of the students are very competitive, in a fun way. If you don't like to read or write a lot, this school is not for you.

Devin

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would definitely apply for more scholarships, regardless of the dollar amount. I would take the ACT exam every time it was given because most scholarships use those scores when selecting recipients. I had no idea that college was so expensive. I visited three schools during the fall of my senior year. I would visit several different colleges during the summer before my senior year. I would ask more questions about the costs associated with each individual college and the curriculum needed to become an Occupational Therapist. While participating in sports and volunteer services, I would make a stronger effort to obtain references from teachers, my principal and volunteer coordinators. Something I learned the hard way is that it is very important to follow-up on contacts you’ve made. I would not assume that because someone is an adult, they would follow through on references without a friendly reminder from me. I was a procrastinator in high school, always putting things off until the last minute. If I had a do over, I would complete projects as early as possible giving myself time to perfect certain things.

It is best known for its STEM related fields of education, especially for minority students.

The financial department seems to be slower than other colleges in updating student accounts. Sometimes you have to make several trips to the office to make sure you have enough money for books.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.