Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Chris

Alabama A&M is an excellent HBCU if you're looking for a campus where most if not everyone knows your name. Class sizes are relatively small (20-30 students), so you're likely to receive more individualized attention when needed than at a PWI. **Finals are IMP-ORT-ANT (all professors are not generous) Greek life is important to those involved; for those of us who aren't interested, it's merely entertainment. Parties are always going on year-round , so if you want to fail, go ahead and attend the majority of those. Traditional housing - eh, you get what you pay for. Up-scale housing will cost you an arm and a leg, but it's worth it (larger living space, with attached bathroom) Cafe food is a 50/50 on most days

Devin

Alabama A& M University is all I wished for in a college and more. It has a very diverse student body.

There really isn't a stereotype. Everybody is into their own thing.

Class participation is crucial at my school. About 20 percent of the students are very competitive, in a fun way. If you don't like to read or write a lot, this school is not for you.

Devin

It is best known for its STEM related fields of education, especially for minority students.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would definitely apply for more scholarships, regardless of the dollar amount. I would take the ACT exam every time it was given because most scholarships use those scores when selecting recipients. I had no idea that college was so expensive. I visited three schools during the fall of my senior year. I would visit several different colleges during the summer before my senior year. I would ask more questions about the costs associated with each individual college and the curriculum needed to become an Occupational Therapist. While participating in sports and volunteer services, I would make a stronger effort to obtain references from teachers, my principal and volunteer coordinators. Something I learned the hard way is that it is very important to follow-up on contacts you’ve made. I would not assume that because someone is an adult, they would follow through on references without a friendly reminder from me. I was a procrastinator in high school, always putting things off until the last minute. If I had a do over, I would complete projects as early as possible giving myself time to perfect certain things.

The financial department seems to be slower than other colleges in updating student accounts. Sometimes you have to make several trips to the office to make sure you have enough money for books.

Devin

If you are a big-city, party-type person, this school is definitely not for you. The school has many activities on campus, but they are basically meet and greet type activities, giving you the opportunity to network with your peers. There are very few coordinated off -campus activities because they want you to be able to concentrate on your courses during your Freshmen year.

It seems like it takes forever for your financial aid money to become available.

Sierra

If I could go back and talk to myself and give myself advice about college I would first tell myself to be sure to remain optimistic and stay surrounded by positive people. I would also tell myself to stay focused and don't be afraid to ask for help because there are a lot of people willing to help you if you just ask. College can get very tiring and stressful at times especially if you don't have balance, time management skills, and good studying habits. If you don't surround yourself with positive people there is a chance that you can be thrown off of the right path because of the partying, excessive work and lack of motivation. I would tell myself to just keep an open mind and be sure to remember why I attended college. Things will get extremely hard at times but don’t give up because the outcome of your success will last a lot longer than the things you go through to obtain it.

The best thing about my school is the organizations and business program.

I mostly brag about the unity of the students and how talented eveyone is.

Joshua

The students at Alabama A&M are focused on their education when their education is their first priority.

Alabama A&M is best known for its service to its students. There is always someone there that is willing to help you out, all you have to do is seek them out. Within my first year although I am an out of state student I have made many of friends with freshmen and upper classmen.

I know you are really nervous about all the possibilties out there, but its ok. Now is not the time to focus on where your friends of right now are going, its time for you to focus on this last year. i know the idea of you being a senior makes you want to relax with your peers and the work load is even more strenuous then before, but it is all apart of preperation. Before you decide where you go to college really think of how much space you would between you and your family, also when you go and visit a college make sure you check and see what there is to do off school grounds.

Corbett

Hindsight is always 20/20. As we get older, we learn life lessons. Lessons that our parents try to teach, but most of the time we just don't want to listen. For the most part, life experience is the only entity that helps us to understand and to grow. One lesson I would tell my 18 year old self in high school is to let him know that at this moment in his life that he is not ready for college. It is hard to admit to yourself that you are not mature enough to handle the stressors of college; some people can handle it, others cannot. Joining the Air Force and serving my country for six years has been the most rewarding time of my life and helped me to grow as a person. It gave me the discipline I needed to help cope with the importance of college and to help deal with all the weight on my shoulders. I am not ashamed to admit that I did not succeed my first go around at college. I am proud to know that I fell off the horse and got back up to finish my goal.

Marla

If I could go back to my senior year, there would be a few pieces of critical advice that I would give myself knowing what I know now about transitioning into college life. First, I would strongly advise myself to take advantage of college courses that are offered in my senior year. By doing so, this will eliminate some of the anxiety that freshmen feel when they embark upon their journey as college freshmen. Subsequently, this will afford me the opportunity to experience the level of reading, writing and creative thinking that is required to be successful. Additionally, I would warn myself about the seriousness of procrastination. It will cause undue stress and will not allow me the opportunity to showcase the quality of work that I am capable of achieving. Finally, the last word of advice I would give, would be in reference to time management and how it is the key to success in whatever it is that you do in life. Your parents will not be there to take up the slack, and you will have to be responsible for yourself. With these critical pieces of advice, I would tell myself success is well within my reach.

An unorgranized individual person with no drive to succeed.

Angela

If given the chance to turn back time as a high school senior, I would advise myself to be more dedicated and persistent in my studies because college is more challenging than in high school. First, I would keep in mind to replete my grades with A's and maintain my GPA in order to open more doors for various opportunities. Second, I would join clubs, sports and organizations to gain more experience and extracurricular activities. Third, I would prepare and study the SAT in order to ace the test, to be qualified for my desired university, and to attract more scholarships to help me financially. Fourth, I would research and apply for scholarship opportunities online. Fifth, I would apply for jobs in the summer to have my own pocket money, to subsidize my colllege fees. Sixth, I would refrain from "procrastinating" because it hinders every bit of success.

Caleb

Get involved in many sports and activities. Don't worry about college being to difficult. Don't worry about what people think. Try many different things even if you don't think your interested. Don't be afraid to ask for advice.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.