Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Brianna

I would advise myself to buckle down and choose a major. I did not figure out what I wanted to do until the summer headed into my sophomore year of college. I would have also advised myself to take the ACT again, although I already had a 25, a 26 would have gotten me a full scholarship.

I brag about how AAMU is better than ASU in all sports and that we have one of the best football stadiums in the SWAC.

The most frustrating thing about AAMU is the financial aid. At the beginning of the year, there are extremely long lines. If you don't harrass the financial aid staff then you will not get your refund.

Breanna

My school is literally a home away from home.

My school is literally a home away from home.

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would also encourage myself to start a savings account so that I could be prepared for the miscellaneous college expenses. I would tell myself to try to bring any random tools or objects from home to school because I've learned that the most outlandish things come in handy when you're in a dorm. Also, I would let myself know that I'll life differently when I return home from school because college life brings forth growth and maturity.

The worst thing about my school is the sometimes there is a lack of organization and that creates a lot of confusion and stress for students.

Brandy

Brandy: Don't procrastinate. Make sure that you work as hard as you can on all of you're goals, and write them down so you can see your progress. This is the time to really make things count. Hard work and determination are two of the main characteristics that you will need to succeed. Don't give up. Even if you seem to be falling behind, don't give up. If you need to refocus to get things done, just take a break, relax, and refocus! This is going to be one of the hardest challenges you will put yourself through in life, but it is worth it, so don't give up. Make sure you get yourself organized for all your classes. This will help you stay on top of things, and not put off assignments till it's almost too late. Your main goal is to succeed and all you need to do this is mostly to stay focused on the things that are right in front of you. Take time to enjoy life. Don't stress on things that you can't change, and make the best of everything that you can. You can do it!

Tiffany

Tiffany, you need to stop partying so much! Get more involved in school functions and in the community! Do not take so many difficult classes at one time and studying needs to be higher on your priority list! Take advantage of the fact that you have some freedom and know that getting an education will make your life in the future much easier! Your son that you will be having at a too young age is amazing, but trying to get back into school while also taking care of him is one of the hardest things you will ever do, so stay in school and get it done now. Think long and hard about your major and the things you want to do with your life. Figure out the things that interest you, do not just go for what comes easy to you because it is not necessarily something you will like. Living on campus and discovering yourself are more important than going to parties with people that you think are your friends because they will not be there when it counts. The friends you make at school, however are better influences and will be your true friends for life!

Josie

As I walk to class , twenty three years old and in my last semester of community college, I cannot help but wonder how different everything could be had I not decidedly planted my feet on the path I’m currently walking. If I hadn’t continued my education after high school and instead pursued a career would I have found one? In pondering our past decisions and turning over hypotheticals in our heads, it’s impossible not to also wonder what outcome our current decisions will have. If I had it to do all over again, or if I could at least give advise to my high school self, it would be to work harder. No matter what we are doing we can always be working harder and there is always so much more room to grow than we realize. It’s difficult at that young age of 18/19 not to get lost exploring your new freedoms and independence. To fritter away your time and not look to the future because the present is so new and different. My advice would be to really think about who I want to be and do everything I can to get there.

Jonathan

The advice I would give myself is that make sure you know everything about the college that you want to attend.

A person that is strong minded , determined to do wat they want to do.

The campus life would be the most thing that I would brag about my shool.

Twanna

The advice I would give myself would include conducting more research on colleges and environments, finding a mentor and networking. The reasons are discussed below. The advice on research would be beneficial, as I should have conducted more research on larger numbers of colleges, programs of study offered, and overall college community atmosphere. Each of these items is important to the overal choice of which college to attend. Colleges and the programs they offer are significant to choosing the appropriate major and jobs linked to that major. The college atmosphere is central fitting other students and establishing a functional network. Mentorship can last a lifetime. It should have started as soon as possible upon entering college. Networking and mentorship are closely related. Mentorship would have allowed me to begin the process of learning from and networking with a person who was established in his/her career. Theoretically this person could have guided me throughout my career. Fitting in with other students would have allowed me to establish a learning network. Learning this before college would have allowed me to establish a viable network of mentor and friends that would have been beneficial throughout college.

The time that it took to get registered, several days, was the worst thing about my school, when I attended during the 1980s. The long lines would often result in a class that I needed being closed.

At the time, the most frustrating thing about school was the long lines I stood in to register for classess. It would take days to get registered when I attended school there over 20 years ago.

Darius

The way students interacted with eachother. Also, the historical significance this campus contains is also a unique attribute at this university.

I would have told myself one piece of advice. Look at every option before you commit.

The unorganized administration of the school as well as the lack of alumni support.

Jordan

I would tell myself to enjoy what is left of my senior year. Although college is significantly better than high school, I would tell myself not to wish it would rush by and finish up fast. I would tell myself to have some patience with all the high school students who claim they know exactly what college is all about. Finally, I would tell myself to appreciate the frienships I made while in high school, because many of them would not continue into college whether it be because of location or simply not keeping in touch.

I believe the best aspect of Wichita State University is the Greek life organizations. Between the multiple fraternities and sororities, an enormous amount of opportunity to become involved exists. From on-campus activities to intramural sporting events, new bonds and friendships are made, while a new appreciation of the University also forms. I never knew a commuter college, such as Wichita State, would open such a rewarding network for me simply because I have chosen to participate in Greek life. I would recommend it to any person who attends Wichita State University!

I honestly wish I would have known how compassionate the people at Wichita State University truly are. For years I had been set on attending the University of Kansas, simply because my older brother was attending school there. I now know that branching out was the best decision I could have made. Sure, I miss seeing my brother, but the fact that I am surrounded by a plethora of such caring people who want to see me succeed makes it all worth it when we make the 2 and a half hour drive to see each other.

jada

Everyone is different so all my classmates are diverse.

Everyone is different so all my classmates are diverse.

As a college freshman knowing as much as i do now i would have alot of advice to tell my self when i was a senior in highschool. For instance, i would definatley make sure the finacial aid award was really all the way awarded to me because oweing money isnt a good feeling . I would have told my self to apply to way more colleges and for way more scholarships. I would have kept all my notes and binders from each subject; because your first year is like highschool all over again. Having better time management skills would help tramendously. Focusing more on my education than on a social life would have made things easier. Interacting with people with a different ethnic background; would be a easier transition in college. In college theres so much diversity and if your so use to just seeing one type of group its kinda hard adjusting. Studying alone and reading more in highschool would definately make me a better writer. The transition is so different in college all you have is yourself so getting a job and being independent would really ease alot of finacial problems once you actually get to college.

students who should attend this university should be well focused students. you have to be very commited to your education. also , should have very good time management skills.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.