Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Angela

If given the chance to turn back time as a high school senior, I would advise myself to be more dedicated and persistent in my studies because college is more challenging than in high school. First, I would keep in mind to replete my grades with A's and maintain my GPA in order to open more doors for various opportunities. Second, I would join clubs, sports and organizations to gain more experience and extracurricular activities. Third, I would prepare and study the SAT in order to ace the test, to be qualified for my desired university, and to attract more scholarships to help me financially. Fourth, I would research and apply for scholarship opportunities online. Fifth, I would apply for jobs in the summer to have my own pocket money, to subsidize my colllege fees. Sixth, I would refrain from "procrastinating" because it hinders every bit of success.

Caleb

Get involved in many sports and activities. Don't worry about college being to difficult. Don't worry about what people think. Try many different things even if you don't think your interested. Don't be afraid to ask for advice.

Kia

The school pride in our band and the way that the students can gather and come as one.

I would tell myself to do some pre-college preparations such as read more books outside of class and take on additional assignments that could help me or better prepare me for the college classes. As well as get into better studying habits that are effective and help me remember the information a little longer. I would also tell myself to become a lot more responsible about handling school related problems and issues. Dont become reliable on other people to handle or take care of my work or financial aid problems.

That the dorm for the soar iis not the dorm that i will be living in during the year. That the cafeteria would serve the same food everyday with little to no variation.

Michelle

I would advise myself to go to this school for my first two years then transfer. This is a way of learning more about my heritage at Alabama A&M University but then go off to a more qualified school with a music education program.

I wish I would have know how well founded the music program was campared to other music programs.

The quality in learning is very low. Some teachers will not flunk students for not doing their work. There is not a fair grading system in some classrooms. Some teachers will pass everyone in their class despite their effort.

Chelsea

If I could go back, I would tell myself not to stretch myself to thin. To only take 1 or 2 AP classes and to concentrate on doing excellent in those classes. I would also tell myself that college isn't too scary. Just work hard and everything will be okay. I would tell myself to think really hard about not only what I wanted to do in life, but what would give me a better life and would be a good career path. I loved going to culinary school, but I think that I could have gone straight to athletic training if I knew back then that's what I wanted to do, and I still would have been happy. Finally I would tell myself to breathe and take it all in, because it doesn't last forever, but college is totally worth it!

Brianna

I would advise myself to buckle down and choose a major. I did not figure out what I wanted to do until the summer headed into my sophomore year of college. I would have also advised myself to take the ACT again, although I already had a 25, a 26 would have gotten me a full scholarship.

I brag about how AAMU is better than ASU in all sports and that we have one of the best football stadiums in the SWAC.

The most frustrating thing about AAMU is the financial aid. At the beginning of the year, there are extremely long lines. If you don't harrass the financial aid staff then you will not get your refund.

Breanna

My school is literally a home away from home.

My school is literally a home away from home.

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would also encourage myself to start a savings account so that I could be prepared for the miscellaneous college expenses. I would tell myself to try to bring any random tools or objects from home to school because I've learned that the most outlandish things come in handy when you're in a dorm. Also, I would let myself know that I'll life differently when I return home from school because college life brings forth growth and maturity.

The worst thing about my school is the sometimes there is a lack of organization and that creates a lot of confusion and stress for students.

Brandy

Brandy: Don't procrastinate. Make sure that you work as hard as you can on all of you're goals, and write them down so you can see your progress. This is the time to really make things count. Hard work and determination are two of the main characteristics that you will need to succeed. Don't give up. Even if you seem to be falling behind, don't give up. If you need to refocus to get things done, just take a break, relax, and refocus! This is going to be one of the hardest challenges you will put yourself through in life, but it is worth it, so don't give up. Make sure you get yourself organized for all your classes. This will help you stay on top of things, and not put off assignments till it's almost too late. Your main goal is to succeed and all you need to do this is mostly to stay focused on the things that are right in front of you. Take time to enjoy life. Don't stress on things that you can't change, and make the best of everything that you can. You can do it!

Tiffany

Tiffany, you need to stop partying so much! Get more involved in school functions and in the community! Do not take so many difficult classes at one time and studying needs to be higher on your priority list! Take advantage of the fact that you have some freedom and know that getting an education will make your life in the future much easier! Your son that you will be having at a too young age is amazing, but trying to get back into school while also taking care of him is one of the hardest things you will ever do, so stay in school and get it done now. Think long and hard about your major and the things you want to do with your life. Figure out the things that interest you, do not just go for what comes easy to you because it is not necessarily something you will like. Living on campus and discovering yourself are more important than going to parties with people that you think are your friends because they will not be there when it counts. The friends you make at school, however are better influences and will be your true friends for life!

Josie

As I walk to class , twenty three years old and in my last semester of community college, I cannot help but wonder how different everything could be had I not decidedly planted my feet on the path I’m currently walking. If I hadn’t continued my education after high school and instead pursued a career would I have found one? In pondering our past decisions and turning over hypotheticals in our heads, it’s impossible not to also wonder what outcome our current decisions will have. If I had it to do all over again, or if I could at least give advise to my high school self, it would be to work harder. No matter what we are doing we can always be working harder and there is always so much more room to grow than we realize. It’s difficult at that young age of 18/19 not to get lost exploring your new freedoms and independence. To fritter away your time and not look to the future because the present is so new and different. My advice would be to really think about who I want to be and do everything I can to get there.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.