Bryn Mawr, PA
Bryn Mawr College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bryn Mawr College

Freshman year Bryn Mawr felt like the perfect size. By Sophomore year it felt too small. By Junior year I left to study abroad for both semesters. I spend most of my time on campus either in my room or in the library, generally studying. A lot. When I tell people I go to Bryn Mawr, I get a genuine mixture of reactions. I live in California, so more often than not people in my home town haven't heard of it. But in the wider world of academics, I get met with quite a few "oohs" and "ahs", followed often by questions about it being all women.

The student body is beautifully diverse, a real mosaic in everything but gender. All colors, all beliefs, all socio-economic levels are welcome on campus. If you are not open minded, this is not your school. If you want to learn from others and thrive in a diverse environment, you can hardly do better than Bryn Mawr. Students are politically aware, many are politically active, and there is a definite leaning to the left. The students I interact with the most, as a political science major but also as an athlete, are far more interested in the contributing to the greater good than how many digits their salaries will be one day. Mawrters are incurable humanists. This doesn't mean they all wear hemp and Birkenstock's; those are there, but right alongside J. Crew blazers and Banana Republic jeans. It's diverse, it's all diverse.

Mawrters take their studies seriously; one weekend on campus would be enough to prove that to anyone. We're more likely to be camped out in a secluded corner of the library come Saturday afternoon than roaming Philly. And while there are the exceptionally odd students (such as those who don capes or show off their fashion skills in the form of a shrek-esque headband), most are just incredibly bright, interesting, determined young women.

The best thing about Bryn Mawr is the academics. You don't come here for the social life. But after one semester studying in France and another studying in Cairo, I've come to realize that Bryn Mawr truly does grant its students a world-class education. Nothing I did at either of my foreign universities began to compare to the work I've done and the things I've learned at Bryn Mawr.

This is a safe campus. The Honor Code is taken very seriously, and students have to be reminded to lock their doors in the rare occasion that something goes missing. Traditions are at the heart of Bryn Mawr, with four important traditions every year: Parade Night, Lantern Night, Hell Week, and May Day. If students want to party, they generally go to nearby Haverford, or sometimes Swarthmore or U. Penn rather than stay on campus. Campus life has definite lulls. Sometimes it feels like all there is to do is study or watch movies, but if you make the effort you can find things to do.

That it's very serious, very studious. That the students diverge from the ordinary or are outright bizarre.

Alex

small, welcoming place with liberating studies, but some academic and social issues that can be difficult to overcome, kind of like a "you're with us, or against us" attitude.

most are the type of girls that were just too "big" for their high schools and needed more stimulation.

to an extent, the liberal side is obvious, but the constant image of the women embracing a gay lifestyle is just wrong.

amazing- supportive and helpful yet challenging staff, numerous resources, and many options for majors, studies, even just random interests. competition can be quite annoying, even with the honor system in place.

many options, from parties and drinking to staying in with friends watching tv to study groups. there are clubs, sports, everything you could possibly want to do.

we're all hyper-liberal lesbians, or we're avid about our distaste for men.

Lorie

The college is a small well renowned liberal arts college... and it is all women. We do have a tri college consortium with Haverford and Swarthmore which opens up the college size, possibilities and yes, presence of the male sex. I love the housing on campus and our food is pretty good (especially the specialty dinners!). We are about 20 minutes from Philly which if you didn't know , belongs to College students! We're so many, we rule the place! Bryn Mawr town is really quite and a typical suburb so it's cool that you can easily make a get-a-way to Philly or even New York. The plus side of living in suburbia is the safety of the neighborhood. The college is really beautiful and a work of art... we live in castles (literally). We have a self government (the oldest one in the country) and it does work. There are however times when I want to strangle some people but the self-government association provides a forum to address issues that arise within the campus. Of course I can't go without mentioning the traditions! We have traditions all year round and they play an important role in bonding the students together. From Parade night, Lantern night, Hell Week and May Day there is no way that you can go through a year feeling left out (especially as a freshman). Also, another important aspect is the fact that if you are passionate about something you can be assured that you will have the opportunity to voice it. Everyone won't necessarily be on your side but you will get the chance to air your opinion. Whether it is about your political affiliations or religious beliefs, there is no need to conform!

In all honesty, there have been clashes here and there in the past year based on issues about race, political and religious affiliations. The clashes though were dealt with amongst the student body withing the Self Governing Association. Everything that needed to be said was said in that forum (we have SGA meeting every Sunday). As uncomfortable as it was at times, I do respect the fact that everybody dealt with the issues sensibly and in an open manner. That's definitely a way better option than keeping it in and having tragic outcomes in the end. Bryn Mawr College is really diverse! I LOVE IT! About 80% of students come from out of state and 10% are international students! How often do you get to meet someone from Greenland or Lichtenstein!

Number 1: .. ummm get over the fantasy people, it's not an admission requirement! Besides, I love living in such an open and embracing community! Number 2: ... I can't deny the fact that students here do spend some quality time with their texts; however, it should be known that there are some of us here (like me, and I'm definitely not alone on this) that read hard and relax too! From room parties to crashing Haver or Penn parties... we do exist!

There's a 50/50 split of male and female professors. Classes range from about 8-20 students though the intro science classes can be as large as 42. (I love that 42 is such a big number here!!). Most classes are discussion type and in a round table format so the participation of students in class is really high. I was actually pretty quiet in high school until I got here. Coolest classes: Cultural anthropology, Forensics Anthropology, Organic Chemistry (I mean it, really) and a Memo writing class. There loads more, it's just that I'm a science person. Discussion of grades doesn't happen and if it does, the students taking part in the discussion must consent to do so and further more do it in private. Not in a locked room or anything, just in a space where it is assured that you are not making another person uncomfortable. This brings competition amongst students way down, one of the reasons I love the academic environment here. At the end of the day, the only person who knows your grade is you and your professor. The chemistry department is really cool! There are loads of research opportunities and your professors are everything from Guinness World Record holders to Presidents of National Chemistry clubs! Pretty awesome. Generally speaking, across all departments, the professors make a point to avail themselves to the students as often as they can. So far in all the classes I've taken, the professors have provided us with their home phone numbers "just in case". I've had A LOT of "just in case" moments, especially right before a test!

Number 1: All Bryn Mawr students are lesbians Number 2: We read A LOT!

Cameron

Bryn Mawr's size is fairly small for a liberal arts college, however having a Tri-College Consortium both adds to and takes away from the perks of the size of Bryn Mawr's student body. The close academic and social relationship with Haverford is something that I have truly valued during my time at Bryn Mawr and I wish that I had remained more involved in the Bi-College community aside from athletics. I'm always fairly surprised when East Coast people haven't heard of Bryn Mawr. I can understand someone from the West Coast having never heard of a small liberal arts college for women, but I find it hard to believe that there are college-aged people from the East Coast who have NEVER heard of Bryn Mawr. A big controversy right now is Transgendered students and their place at Bryn Mawr. I will always remember Hell Week, but that's all I can say about it! Frequent stndent complaints are by far the amount of work and time put into classes in and outside of scheduled class times. This holds particularly true for science majors, who balance lab and class time.

Racial tensions on campus are something of great discussion. It seems that in the past 3 years, a number of events among different students of various racial and ethnic backgrounds have sparked a heated and emotional campus-wide discussion on race, class, religion, and ethnicity. A republican would feel out of place at Bryn Mawr. Students make the general assumption that everyone is a liberal, democratic, LGBTQ-friendly, open, and aware person. Students wear whatever the hell they feel like wearing. People usually wear shoes, though depending on the class, classroom, and professor, shoes do sometimes come off.... I don't think anyone's ever headed to class completely nude, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened in the past. I believe that the majority of Bryn Mawr students are from the Northeasters US. There is a decent population of International students as well. Financial backgrounds are not often discussed. I'd guess that middle-class students are most prevalent. There are definitely a few upper class students who make their class visible (through cars, clothing, accessories...) and known, however it's much less likely that you'll find lower and middle class students making their class "visible" to all. I come from a lower-middle class background and often found myself in uncomfortable situations not being able to afford trips to the mall or eating out, or getting team t-shirts.

Take advantage of the resources you have being on a college campus and in an educational environment. Libraries, guest speakers, discounted events, drinking and not having to drive anywhere, living next door to your friends, having classes with 12 or fewer people...

Many of these stereotypes are "accurate" in certain situations, but you must recognize that they are stereotypes. They are common assumptions, rumors, opinions, views... of a school and a group of people. Sometimes these things hold true and sometimes they're quite misrepresentative.

Professors absolutely know my name. I only had one (foreign) professor who thought my name was something other than Dawne. Class participation is very common and is generally one of the most important criteria in grading a students performance throughout the semester. Students are competitive however the Honor Code states that grades are not something to be discussed unless both parties agree upon discussion. This means that you won't know the grades of everyone else in the class unless you all consent to share and know. Professors will often post the low-mean-high grades for classes with 10+ students, but otherwise, your grades are the sole business of the student and the professor. The most unique class I took was Paleobiology. The professor was an excellent lecturer and the class covered millions of years in an engaging yet incredibly comprehensive fashion. I came away retaining more information than I ever have in any other course.

Rugby! I have to admit that I m biased towards rugby since I was a team captain however I do truly believe that the Rugby team is one of the more popular groups on campus. We do a significant amount of community service, we throw fun parties, we are open to everyone joining/trying it out, and we're fairly loud and entertaining. OK - very loud. Students leave their doors open a good deal of the time if they're in their rooms. It also depends on the dorm, hall, floor... dynamic. Freshman have a more communal living situation so open doors are more common. Dorms like Radnor and Pembroke East are more social so students often have their doors open. Athletic events are fairly popular. Facebook has turned out to be the most effective way of getting people to come to events (basketball, rugby, lacrosse, frisbee). Guest speakers are generally popular. Poor advertising and scheduling are evident causes for low attendance of events however. Dating! Depends completely upon who you ask. It's easy to date on campus if you're looking to date women/post-bacs. It's easy to date at Haverford and a bit less convenient but completely possible to date at Swarthmore as well. All of the Center City and University schools are just a train ride away. If I'm awake at 2am on Tuesday I'm doing one (or more) of the following: 1. Dancing at an impromptu dance party with friends. 2. Finishing assignments. 3. Watching TV or a movie with best friends/significant other. 4. Having sex. 5. Fucking around on Facebook. 6. Filtering through my email. 7. Figuring out how to pay for next semester. 8. Stress-eating. Frats/Sororities don't exist at BMC.

A variety of stereotypes exist within and outside of the student body. 1. Bryn Mawr students are all women. 2. If you're straight you won't be for long at Bryn Mawr. 3. All Bryn Mawr students are rich & snobby. 4. Bryn Mawr students can't talk to men. 5. Bryn Mawr women are easy and deprived of sexual attention/activity and will throw themselves at any male on campus. 6. Bryn Mawr students are smart (not usually a bad stereotype...)

Dale

There are so many things that go on at Bryn Mawr that only the Mawrters know about. I LOVE that. Bryn Mawr is very focused on diversity... which is great. But it is shoved down your throat the whole first year you are there. It gets to be annoying. The size of Bryn Mawr is great. Sometimes it gets to be claustrophobic, but there are many ways to avoid that. It's nice because you can ALWAYS get off campus at ANY time. There are many schools around and Philly is a twenty minute (or less) train ride. Tip: Make local friends OFF campus too. The only people who react to the name of Bryn Mawr are those who NEED to know (aka those who will be hiring you in the future). Some have never heard of Bryn Mawr, but those who have will rant and rave and congratulate you. During the week, my time is spent in the classroom and the library.. (and hopefully the gym too). On nice days, everyone studies outside. BM is not truly a college town but Haverford is right down the street and Villa Nova is a little further. Plus, Philly is home to many schools. So there are plenty of college students in close reach. Everyone (for the most part) is proud to be.. Bryn Mawr.

Groups on campus can be VERY pushy. Students wear what they want to class- from what the jcrew, ralph lauren, and gucci to bm sweatpants and t-shirts. If you want a football team cheerleader feel, DON'T COME HERE. Everyone on campus interacts pretty well, with some exception. A lot of the student population is international, so it's always great to learn about other cultures. Financial backgrounds are from all areas. Politics is huge at BM. But you don't have to get involved if you don't want to. Most of the students are completely left. But if you aren't, don't worry, people are usually very respectful for whatever your beliefs are.

The only stereotype that is accurate all around is smart. Proud to be..

99% of the time, professors will know your name -- but what makes the difference is the approachability that the faculty offers. Students are studying all the time. But there is always time for play, somehow-- even when about to pull your hair out over a paper. You'll always be stressed. ALWAYS. You'll never EVER be completely finished your work until the end of the year.

People party on the weekends.. and on Thursdays. (we call it Thirsty Thursday). Not every weekend can be spent out though.. Usually people will spend their Friday evenings in the library and go out a little later.. then they will do more studying on Saturday morning and then have their weekend. There are plenty of things to do without drinking on the weekends.. Go to Philly for a show. The electric factory is easy to get to and same with the first unitarian. The four seasons is a great place to get dressed up and get dessert. Go to a restaurant, there are AMAZING ones. Or take a little road trip if you have a car. New York City is a bus or train ride away. 2am on a Tuesday is- studying.

Everything from the most beautiful, smart, classy women to frisky lesbians and strange nerds.

Jordan

Bryn Mawr really is a great place, and I honestly love it with all my heart. I get all the time, "OMG Whyyyy are you at a women's college?!?!" but it really doesn't phase me. One of the greatest things about Bryn Mawr is its relationship with nearby Haverford. Granted, the schools were closer before Haverford started admitting females, but they still share a lot of academic programs, and most social offerings on the campuses are open to all students. I always try to explain how great it is living with women. Honestly, my guy friends who live at Haverford are FILTHY! I love them to death, but I would HATEEEE their mess. Bryn Mawr is just WAY cleaner. And have you checked out our dorms? There is NO way to go wrong...you will ALWAYS live in a castle...with its own cleaning people! My housekeeper last year actually found us bowls to mix Jello in (for Jello shots, although I'm not sure she knew that) The staff, faculty, and administration are GREAT, and go above and beyond for us. President Vickers (the now-retired President from last year) and I had a great relationship...she frequently commented on how much she loved my ballet flats. Its such a small school that you CAN have relationships like that, even with the College President!

Ok, so Bryn Mawr is a hella expensive school. Most people here are, therefore, hella rich. But I wouldn't say that about myself, or my friends, and the Financial Aid office is GREAT, guarenteeing to meet 100% of demonstrated need. I know a ton of people here on full academic scholarship, through the Posse program. I think some BMC students try to act "richer" than they are, if you get my drift...perhaps by trying to dress snazzier, or tending to have their nose in the air. I think BMC can be very classist sometimes. Everyone is really accepting of people different from themselves. We have some problems with race, but I think its from general ignorance. Any other times there are problems on campus, its because we are incredibly outspoken (and somtimes stubborn) women. We hold fast to our beliefs, which are overwhelmingly left. Mawrtyrs for Obama is huge on campus, although the Bi-Co Students for Hillary group held some huge events which hundreds attended. I once heard someone describe College Republicans as "a support group"

I mean, arn't stereotypes based in some fact? Yes there are girls who wear capes...not every day though, and we all wear them for Lantern Night, and ONLY Lantern Night. And BMC is SO hard sometimes...there will always be the crazy girl who never failed and doesn't plan on it (not a very realistic lifestyle, in my opinion.) And its COLLEGE! Everyone wants to go crazy and party and hook up. That doesnt change at all, from college to college. But we are not DESPERATE, which is the cornerstone of the Havergirl argument.

Where to begin? Well, Bryn Mawr was founded to be academically equal to its brother school, Princeton. Now, I'm not claiming that Bryn Mawr is ANYWHERE near Princeton in any way. But suffise to say, its tough. How tough depends on your major of course, and how well you really want to do. If B's are ok for you, it may be a breeze. But don't expect straight As. It probably wont happen, not until your junior year if at all. A lot of people say they NEED to go abroad, to escape the academic rigor and the social scene. I don't really know if thats true, so far, BMC is working for me! We're not competitive at all, only with ourselves. We honestly do NOT discuss grades. It just doesnt happen, seriously. And, its great...sometimes you want to know how everyone else is doing, but you can kinda get and idea without flat out going "Whadya get??" Bryn Mawr is about learning for learnings sake. Its such a nuturing environment, even if it is insanely intense

Freshman year starts off with a week orientation known as Customs Week. You gradually branch out during the year, making friends with people in your classes and clubs, but I have to say, my best friends are in my Customs group (meaning, they lived on my hall.) We are deeply rooted in traditions, of which there are four major ones and countless minor ones. I love traditions...they too are a great way to meet people and just bond. I am in SGA, which is the Student Government Association. We make our own rules...basically, the college doesnt really tell us what to do unless they've had student imput to a certain extent. If I'm not partying, Im hanging out with my friends, either at a rock concert at Haverford, grabbing a bite at Lusty Cup, or watching movies in the dorm. We feel totally safe at Bryn Mawr...I often left my door unlocked last year, although, since I'm living in a single next year, I probably wont do that as much. Bryn Mawr really stresses community, and that really does exist. We are family, even with people we don't really know.

The BMC stereotypes are on both ends of the spectrum. A lot of people see us as insane, cultanic lesbos who run around in capes. Or there's the girl who lives in her room/the library and never ever ever takes her nose out of a book. And finally, there's the way some Haver-girls (girls at neighboring Haverford) see us. Bear in mind that we heterosexual females at both institution are competing for the same, limited pool of testosterone. Haver-girls see us as intrusive whores, trespassing on their campus and stealing their men, which really is not the case, especially considering the historic connection between BMC and HC. They can get really territorial

Harper

Bryn Mawr is a tiny school. At one point you'll feel like you know everyone. This can be a good and a bad thing at the same time. It can be hard to find yourself in that little community for a long time so breaks are always awesome. There isn't a lot to do around Bryn Mawr-there are some restaurants and a cinema. We are only 25 minutes away from Philly, which is cool but expensive. There are always activities in the school or in the TriCo. However, don't be fooled by this whole TriCo thing. In general, Bryn Mawr girls are disliked by the TriCo. There are almost no parties on our campus, so we have to go to the other schools to have a fun night...but it can be no fun to have to take the Blue Bus. I guess that we pretty much try to make our social life out of our campus and I can see how that would piss off students from the other schools. But afterall, if you come to Bryn Mawr, you need to be really serious about studying and maybe even coming thinking that you will have to give up an intense social life, I mean, some girls do get out there and network, but as social as you may be...it can be f*** hard!

I think that the Bryn Mawr community is very diverse in terms of religion, sexual preferences, political ideas. That is why we have a bunch of student organizations to represent all these different groups. It is very likely that you'll find at least one group you are interested in. You will feel out of place, first, if you are a party animal. You will feel out of place if you are a social butterfly or something. You will feel out of place if you are not the kind of person who will work their hardest (academically).

You have to be a very tough woman if you come here and you must know that Bryn Mawr is not an easy school, academically or socially. Don't come here expecting to party a lot and meet a lot of guys, that is just not going to happen. If you come here you must be really sure you want an all women environment.

1) To some extent, yes. Living in an all women environment can get very stressful and show the worst of people. If you come here, you better keep this in mind! 2) Not necessarily! But unfortunately, if you tell a guy you are a Mawrter, he'll pretty much want to get you in bed.

Since Bryn Mawr is a small school, your professors will defiinitely know you, most of the time they'll know your name too. Professors are really accesible and are very very very understanding. Depending on the type of class, participation is highly encouraged, especially since the class size is usually small. At Bryn Mawr you better study study study because classes are tough in general. However, in spirit of the Social Honor Code you don't feel the competitiveness (though keep in mind that some girls do choose to talk about grades). In general I would say that the Bryn Mawr community is intellectual. I have had and heard intelligent conversations outside of class.

Social life at Bryn Mawr is certainly uninteresting. There are random interesting events (in terms of parties), but for the most part I think that people leave campus to do something fun. If you are looking for cultural events and intellectual speakers, I would say we generally have something going on. They key to having a social life is making a group of friends who enjoy the same kind of things you enjoy, otherwise you are screwed! Literally! Bryn Mawr has a very clicky nature! Dating? Only if you are lucky or you are a slut or if you are interested in girls (though there is a lot of girl drama!).

1) Bryn Mawr women are catty. 2)Bryn Mawr women are sluts.

Amelie

Hardly any! We're certaintly intellectual, but I'd hardly call us boring; I haven't met a Bryn Mawr woman I'd call a flake yet; there is no doubt an unusually high proportion of gay women, but very few are man-hating; and yeah, there are a few women who really like sex. Bryn Mawr is anything but homogenous.

Interestingly, they tend to contradict each other! There's that we're all boring intellectuals, but also that we're all flakes; there's that we're all man-hating lesbians, but also that we're all sluts.

Nico

Sometimes. However, because I am not one, this is definitely not the norm or the majority of Bryn Mawr students. The far left view can be a bit intimidating, however, when expressing more moderate views.

The professors get to know you as a person, especially the math department.

Mawter

Okay, this is a really broad topic to write about. There are are lot of "what to write about" suggestions, so I'll chose the two most interesting: "What was the biggest recent controversy" and "is there anything unusual about Bryn Mawr"? The first one first then. About Feburary of 2008, Bryn Mawr had its annual Religion on Campus week. It started smoothly, however soon there was minor vandalism to signs put up on campus, from ones for Muslim Clubs to my Atheist Club. The administration had to get involved and so forth. A second controversy was over our recent SGA elections, where there may or may not have been people working within SGA against a specific candidate. It appeared that someone in SGA was specifically targeting and obessively following a SGA presidential canditate in attempts to force her out of the election. This is an on coming controversy, which had gotten a lot of student upset and involved. The second question: What makes us unsual is our traditions, hands down. The main four are: Parade Night, Lantern Night, Hell Week and May Day. Oh yeah, and we're a women's college. I guess that's significant.

Everyone says that Bryn Mawr is a "very diverse environment." I, however, find this to be not at all true. However, take this into account: I came from a high school that was so diverse that there virutally were not minorities. We were 30% white, 30% black, 30% hispanic and 10% Asian. So, understandably, Bryn Mawr isn't as diverse. We do have a lot of international students and we are very diverse as far as socio-economic class goes. On my hall we had people from the highest SES level to the lowest. I think that most Mawters are, statistically, from New York, New Jersey, Pennslyvania, Boston-area and then California. I feel that quite a few are from my area - Montgomery County MD. A lot of students are politically active, but I feel that the vast majority simply aren't, which is unfortunate. Some people simply didn't care about the primaries, didn't vote, didn't read the paper, couldn't even name two candidates. However, many many many people are involved in politics. Last year we had America Ferrara and Kate Walsh come and visit to talk about politics with us. (We're pretty left-ish).

My favorite place on cmapus: The cloisters. Very pretty, very relaxing. The entire complex of Thomas Great Hall, Carpenter Library, Quita Wood Ward Room, London Room and everything else is a great place to study or just hang out. Goodhart is very nice as well. Now I'm beginning to miss the place...

Let's see: Regarding (A), it is true that Bryn Mawr is a very diverse atmosphere. However, this does not mean that *everyone* is gay or bi. Many people are, many people aren't. Now, regarding the second stereotype, I would say that it's pretty true. As Mawrters we take our academics very seriously, sometimes too seriously. For me, I found a good balance in my freshman year of studying and socializing. However, some people do too much of one and not enough of the other. There have been plenty of times where I've been in the library on a Friday or Saturday night - something which you might not find at other schools.

Again, there's a lot for me to write about. I'm sort of just going to go down the list of recommened ideas, so excuse me if this is a little choppy. Yes, many professors know your name. In my last semester, I would say that 3 out of 4 of my profs knew my name. My favorite class (at Bryn Mawr): Females at Risk, by Prof Briggs. How often do students study: Everyday, every weekend, a lot. Intellectual conversations: My friends and I talk about politcals, religion and other "intellectual" subjects alot, but that's not to say we haven't had intelligent conversations about Harry Potter or characters from North and South. Students aren't really competitive: we have a social and academic honor code. The academic honor code highly encourages students to not discuss grades with any one other than your teachers. Some might say that it doesn't work, but I feel that it is generally very succussful.

Again, I'm just going to go down the list of recommened topics. We have our fair share of partiers (some peole woudl argue that we have a drinking problem - I say definately not true - I don't drink and have never felt pressured to). There party dorm, Radnor, can be pretty crazy, especially on Halloween. Yes, students leave their doors open. No, athletics events aren't very popular (we're Div. 3) unless it's Rugby. Yes, theater can be pretty popular (come early to shows). I meet my closest friends through Customs Week, a week of being introduced to Bryn Mawr life and compus life in general, where frosh meet their hall and other frosh in their dorm. Generally, very busy, but great fun. No, frats clearly, no sororities either. On a Saturday ngiht, there's always some kind of play, concert, singing performance, comedian to see. You can always get games from the SGA house, or rent the kitchen, or get a movie, or go into town, or go out to eat, or go to the library or hang out on your hall/in your dorm. You can go to Haverford, to Swat, to UPen, into the city, see a baseball game, anything.

The two biggest stereotypes, in my opinion, are: (A) That all Mawters are "experimental," meaning lesbian, bi, transexual or something else and (B) That all Mawters study too much for their own good.

Bryn Mawr College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.