California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

Economic problems force many students to re-examine the expense of higher education. Students looking for a quality education from faculty, genuinely interested in providing a positive university education experience should look to California State University, Sacramento. CSUS offers students an excellent college education at an affordable cost. Faculty and student demographics are socially and economically diverse. It may not be an institution with Big-10, Pac-10 or Ivy League prestige but, for those students who cannot afford such a notion, or just desire something different, CSUS offers a world-class education to world-class students.

Any kind of person that is serious about their education should attend this school. The courses are not easy, but with regular attendance and a willingness do to the work, I believe any class can be passed successfully. There are many resources such as department tutoring centers, the library, computer labs, as well as the actual professor and fellow classmates themselves that allow for any student to get the help they need with any difficult subject. Any student actively involved in their education has a chance to be successful; the ending result is directly related to the effort put in.

People who like to party and drink should attend this school. Sacramento State is a very wet campus. On the academic spectrum, this campus is perfect for aspiring Physica Therapists. They have an awesome Kinesiology and Physical Therapy program. As far as athletics goes, this campus is great for Women's Volleyball. Sac State has always placed high in the Big Sky division in the NCAA. I wish I could say the same about the football program. Those who like to play football really should not come here. The basketball program is decent. This should be a second choice school.

The type of person that should attend this school is somebody who enjoys school, but also enjoys to have fun. Sac State has many different clubs, sororities, faternities, etc. Sacramento is also the perfect place to live for teenagers, and young people trying to find themselves. It is California's capitol. Sacramento has a lively downtown, zoo, minor league baseball team, river, fairy tale land, and Old Town Sac. Sacramento is the perfect location, near San Francisco and Reno. Sac State has professors who also actually care, and give it there all to help students find themselves!

Your college experience is what you make of it, if you get involved you will feel rewarded, if you just come to class and go home, you won't get as much out of your expierence. Whatever religion, nationality, race, or culture you might come from, you will find a place at Sacramento State University. There are so many different clubs and activities you can join in to connect with people similar and different from yourself. If you find a way to get involved you will greatly benefit and make lasting friendships and connections with professors, advisors, and fellow students.

The campus is for independently driven students because those who do well are the ones who are strongly self-motivated. The school does not look like a career institution, but rather a relaxed learning environment. This is why it is important to have internal aspirations, since imagining a future career can be a catalyst for good grades without visible work-field. If your the kind of person who works well with others, perhaps this campus is the best choice as the majority of the students in our library study in groups. The campus is great for those who like trees.

The type of person that should attend CSUS is one who values their education. An outdoors enthusiast who enjoys riding their cruiser or road bike, and stays active with sports like snowboarding. I would recommend that the person desire trees and a relaxed setting for the best learning. Stay in touch and utilize the available resources offered, including tours and orientations. I think that you need to keep in mind that there are a few older halls, mixed in with new ones. It allows the school to feel established, yet progressive at the same time.

Someone who likes outdoorsy activities, can have fun sitting in a coffee shop chatting with friends, likes to relax and listen to music by themselves in between classes, who does not mind the diversity of sacramento in general, does not mind rain, cold, extreme heat, someone who would not miss the beach so much, someone who will be respectful of others and not judge them before they know them, someone who does not mind traffic, or over crowding, someone who is interested in nature/bugs/animals, likes to ride a skateboard/bike, or likes to jog.

The type of person who would fit in best at Sacramento State University is one who enjoys the big city on a small scale. Sacramento State is located in the capital city and therefore is busy, and filled with a number of activities. Most of the activities in the surrounding areas are associated with the outdoors. As far as Sacramento State classes go, a student here needs to know how to manage their personal life, family life and study time. Time management is key at this school, mainly because there are so many activities outside of campus.

Students who want to pursure journalism and graphic design, Sac State is a hidden jewel. The student newspaper, The Hornet, has one of the best online publications in the nation. My friend Nick is the online sports editor and he got a Media Relations internship at the Sacramento Rivercats. Here, you can gain lots of experience and networks for jobs after you graduate. The graphic design program has the quality of an art school with a state school price. The program is very rigorous and challenging, and the professors are excellent.