Minneapolis, MN

Capella University

« See more reviews of Capella University

Don't let anyone discourage you from following your dreams. You are young, vibrant and have a full life ahead of you . Please do not be pressured in the persute of a relationship because they will come and go . An education is something no one can take from you . Follow your heart , aspire to become greatness , beleive in yourself . There are those who will help you in your educational needs. Do not be afraid or overwhelmed ask for help. They will guide you on your path to a higher education. I told myself many of times that college isn't for everyone and you're right it isn't but if you see yourself managing a company or a supervisor you'll be more marketable if you have a degree. Don't look at the time it'll take, the years will go by , trust me I know.

The advise I would give myself or any high school senior is to really focus on submitting as many scholarship applications as possible. There are so many organizations that offer free money to college students regardless of income, race religion, grades, etc. That it is to their advantage to submit application to all of the ones that tehy can. They will not lose anythign but their is much to gain. Also to study and take advantage of taking their SAT more than once if they are not satisfied with their first score. I took it only once and settled for my score because I took it so lat ein the proccess that I had no choice. However, if I could go back I would take it with time to retake if I had to.

I feel as though I have gotten to open many doors to career opprotunities, and make many lasting friendships. One way I have been able to open career opprotunities is by gaining my degree, i will have a much lower chance of being laid off from a future job, which I have had toubles with previously. Also, I have had the ability to take internships, which has helped me to better decide on that career I would like to have in the future. Another way that my college experience has been valuable to me is through my gained ability to make long lasting friends. Through my participation in clubs, and study groups I have made many friends that I can connect with and relate to.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't something. Your family, friends and parents don't decide how your life is going to turn out, you do. You decide what kind of student you are, what kind of person you're going to be, and eventually what kind of nurse you will be. Don't ever let them break your determination or your spirit. You've come this far in school, and you're going to make it all the way through college too. Become the successful person that you want to be because it's what you want, not because you have something to prove. You're going to make it all the way to college graduation and it's going to be so worth it! Keep your head up and keep fighting for that degree.

Advise I would give myself my senior year would be to figure out what I want to do sooner than later. Not to take any college classes until I have figured out what I want to do and college is not the same as high school and college should be taken very seriously. College is the start of being an adult and making decisions on your own as your parents are not there to push you through the finish line. College is what you will make out of your life and it’s one of the most important challenges you have to face in your life. It takes a lot of work and dedication to get through it. There is a lot of time and money that goes into an educaion that will shape my life. Mindy Pool

It is a new generation type of school: on-line university. So, by attending this school I personally think that I invest into the progress of our communities. Capella University gave me an opportunity to study in United States in a very convenient way, when traditional schools turned their back on me. Also, this school is very supportive and has well organized courses that already taught me many new ideas, thoughts, and skills that I will most likely to use in my future carrier as a Project Manager. The fact that most of my peers are people with senior level of work experience helps me to learn and understand from them the real working world.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I think I would have explored more possible careers before deciding what school to attend or declaring a major. At that time, I listened to my parents, friends, guidance counselors and I don't think I made the right decisions for me. Being out in the working world for a number of years, I now realize the importance of a college degree. While I have been relatively successful without one, it has been hard for me to get other companies to even look at my resume without having one. Having that knowledge in high school would have made me realize the importance of obtaining a college degree.

The advice I would give myself is to stay focused, pay attention, and listen to your parents and educators advice because they often times know a lot more than we would give them credit for. Set your goals and no matter what, never let anyone detour your route to success. Your education is a blueprint to your future success, don' take it for granted. It's also always good to push yourself the extra mile to be an over achiever because in the long run it pays off to achieve than to lose. As long as you work hard, stay focused, and follow through you will succeed. Never, ever give up because in the end it will be all worth it.

To take school more seriously, that school is very important. As class sizes are the same as my high school, I would tell myself to enteract more in group assignments and to speak up about my ideas. To ask questions when I'm lost and need help. To reach out to professors and other students. I would tell myself that college is more important then I thought and to excede the way I want to I have to really give it my all and not allow anything to distract me. I can excede at the goals I set for myself and Im smarter then I ever thought I was in high school. I learned that If I really apply myself I can achieve so many goals.

The advise I would give is the take a look at all types of colleges. Seek out and visit the campuses before selecting a college. Find out the cost of tuitions, books and housing. Make sure that you financial aide is in order and that you have done exceptional well on the SAT's and ACT's. Moreover, I would suggest that the a student remember the college life will be another world. Most students come to college and become overwhelmed because it definitely not like high school. A lot o them return home in failure. However, I would advise that the student seek tutoring and learn how to study in order to make the grade.