Central Washington University

« See more reviews of Central Washington University

While attending Central Washington University, I found my classmates were often folks just like me; who held down jobs, raised families and yet found the time to attend classes toward a degree. At the same time, I found that classes were diverse enough in their demographic make up ranging from students who just were recently out of highschool as well as students who were in the middle of changing careers and in their mid-life or retired. In a learning environment, this variety of minds coming together in one class is indeed mindblowing and makes the learning environment especially productive.

Since I have not attended this University yet I cannot speak for the classmates I will be encountered with but I can speak for my previous colleges. Most of my classmates in the two years I spent at Yakima Valley Community College were older than the average right out of high school student. A lot of them were middle age adults that went back to college for a degree. These were the students that seemed more devoted to their schooling. A few of my other classmates seemed like they might be doing just enough to get by.

My classmates at Central are very diverse and creative people. There are many asian exchange students in classes here and also students from out of state. My classmates that are in my major (Geology) are a lot like me. This makes sense because we are in the same major. There are several of us that like to hangout and go hiking together. The outdoors is what my major is all about so we get to go out an enjoy it together and we get to learn new things all the time.

To describe my classmates in one sentence I would have to only describe only a small group. My classmates are diverse, different, lazy, smart, exciting, dull, etc. No one can describe all their classmates in one sentence, there are too many of them. Your classmates isn't just who you hang out with it's who you see every day in class. All my classmates are different and unique that couldn't be explained in just one sentence but hundreds of sentences.

My classmates are very friendly, in which, they would help you if you start struggling in class. They would start a study group with you so that you would understand what's going on in class. I've received help from friends that have already taken a class that I am currently taking. They would help you by telling you how the teacher would grade and how the test are. Outside school, my classmates love to hangout so that they would get to know you.

My classmates are great at Central. So far, everyone that I have met or had a class with really seems to enjoy it. That's really what I like to see in a University, that everyone else wants to be there to focus on their higher education. I enjoy the dorms because it is nice getting to meet new people and find new friends. I think all of there activites on campus are great as well. Central is an amazing school, and I am excited to be apart of it.

Being in a big four year institution such as Central, you never know what kind of students are going to be in your class which is exciting! Sometimes you will be in a class with just freshman, other times even sophomores or juniors. But, what is nice about the classmates that I have met so far is that no matter what backgounds they come from or thier ethnicity, people at Central Washington University are very polite and a joy to be around.

My advices for prospective students at CWU are: In order to realize success, you should work hard and don’t give up whatsoever the difficulties and problems you face. You should be organized in order to use your time wisely. You should ask for help when you are struggling with your homework. You should turn everything in on time and study for tests. You should participate in class and take note even when the professors don’t tell you to.

Their is a wide array of students that attend Central Washington University. People come from all over the world with the excellent foriegn exchange program. Their is the AUAP program that brings students from Japan to Central. Then there are the local students who all have different interests but with the music and education programs being at caliber they are, you generally see a lot of people with those interests.

I am part of a cohort at the Lynnwood satellite of CWU. My classmates have grown very close to one another as we spend nearly everyday together. Sure, we are a very diverse group. But we are also very passionate. We put aside our differences to strive for our common goal, and I've found that we always lend a helping hand when someone is in need. We all want to see each other succeed.