College for Creative Studies Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College for Creative Studies

Giavanni

I was recently accepted into the College for Creative Studies, majoring in Entertainment Arts: Animation! After years of community college, I was finally able to get into the school of my dreams. Every class and program I've taken in said community college has all been out of love for my favorite field and in preparation for this moment. CCS is like a second home to me, and has been a major influence in my love for art since I was in elementary school. Thank you for reading, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jaylen

College for Creative studies is a blessing in my eyes. Although a formal Private intuition, College for Creative studies feels nothing like school. It's a wonderful feeling to wake everyday learning the ins and outs of the craft you love. I major in Automotive design, College for Creative studies is great for me because they are in the middle of motor city Detroit. There rich history breads unique networking opportunities from some of the industries finest designers and biggest companies such as the "Big Three'' (Ford, General Motors and Fiat Chrysler) College for Creative studies actively makes my learning a priority by giving various way to further my education such as internships, studies abroad, and fellowships. When first considered for College for Creative studies I was rewarded off of my skill and academic achievement but when I communicated that I had been homeless at this time they reconsidered my award money in an effort to help me pressure my dream. They offer an array of resources such as studios, common areas and their latest technology including industry certified technology . All even when being in this unfamiliar environment during a global pandemic they gave me A place to grow and thrive as an Artist/Designer.

trisha

It's not the best for my major but it was recommended to me so i went.

aryn

I love the people here but, sometimes the teachers don't do a good job a teaching; it is not that they do not understand the subject they are teaching it is just that they are bad at teaching. I would say that 1 out of every 5 classes has a teacher who is bad at teaching as many of them are employed just on the fact that they completely understand a subject in and out. Teaching art and practicing art are two completely different things.

Nick

I am currently finishing my second semester at the College for Creative Studies. Overall, the experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The amount of artistic progress I have made in the past year has been astonishing. The classes are applicable to the working world, and many lectures have direct relation to being a professional artist. The faculty are all working artists that can provide direct insight into the life of being a commercial artist. The campus itself is very safe especially for being located in Detroit. Housing is, in my opinion, more sensible than traditional college dorms. I live in an apartment style suite unit. The student body are all like-minded artistic individuals who all promote creative growth. Most students are extremely willing to help others when questions are asked. The experience is one of the best of my entire life. I feel like the CCS is the perfect fit for me, and although it is a lot of hard work, I am growing into a much more successful artist.

Theadocia(Tedi)

As a student with high-functioning Autism, the staff is respectful of my disability, but also strive to challenge me to improve my skills. My fellow classmates and friends make me feel like I belong at the school, no matter what major we have. The Crafts department is very open to ideas and suggestions, and sets an example for open, honest, and well-crafted work. CCS is a great college, I don't know where I would be without it.

Madeline

I love my school. The people are wonderful, and it is in the heart of Detroit. The food is not wonderful, and there are few options, but overall it's college food. I love the convenience of living on campus. Every professor is highly qualified and always willing to help and work with you.

Jasmine

im not for sure about this school but it seems like a great choice for anyone who likes to be creative in there own way and that is one good thing if you like art and drawings some people like to edit videos it seems like a great option for creation

kelly

The school is outrageously expensive and the financial aid office never seems to help. The community is wonderful and the class sizes are fairly small. The professors care about your time at CCS and will assist you anyway possible. Housing is okay if you don't mind sharing a small area with 6 people.

Olivia

As with any arts school, you get out what you put in. While all the faculty I've encountered in my department are highly qualified skilled instructors, the student must be the one willing to receive and grow from this instruction. The facilities only aid in realizing a student's potential, with easily accessible equipment of all types and an abundance of fully geared computers.

David

CCS has provided me with a mature indoctrination into the art community. Most fine arts institutions around the United States seem to focus on modern/contemporary art practices in which finding your "voice" trumps attaining technical prowess. You must be a disciple of illustration to be successful here, I admire that tremendously.

Kennedy

I absolutely love this campus! Everything feels so new and modern and it could be almost any art student's dream school. The staff and students are extremely friendly and were happy to answer any questions my party and I had. Visiting this campus has been the best school I have ever seen!

Mekaila

A beautiful campus, filled with people with a passion for art.

Sofia

College for creative studies is a fun and unique school. You literally receive a lot of opportunities in this school. To be honest, don't be scared to be yourself because everyone is accepting. Not everyone's an artist, the point of the school is to learn and improve. Or if you have amazing talent take advantage. You obtain amazing job offers too. There's always time to make good memories and friends