Saint Bonifacius, MN
Crown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Crown College

It was a joke of a college. Applicants did not even need to take the ACT or the SAT to be accepted. The teachers are insufficient, the student body is constantly putting up a façade, and the academics are not equal to the price of admission. I would, however, encourage taking the 1 year Bible degree and/or the TESOL degree if one were to choose to go there.

Logan

Crown College is an amazing college that allows students to grow in their faith while also challenging themselves in the classroom. Crown gives students many opportunities to serve in the local communities and around the world. Crown does an exceptional job at having students do a full semester internship to give the student an opportunity to see their field of study at work. Crown has countless connections around the country and world for opportunities for students to further the Kingdom of God. Crown's professors make relationships with their students their number one priority. Crown College lives by their motto of "Called to Serve. Prepared to Lead."

Lexi

Crown College is set on a beautiful property with lake, ponds, tress, rolling hills, and a big disc golf course. There is a pretty new football field. The class sizes are small, everyone is helpful and friendly. It is a Christian school and chapel is mandatory.

Emma

Crown is the greatest college on earth. It is a place for community among students. We live together, learn together, and grow together. This place is much more like a family than a school. The professors are devoted to student success, and bend over backwards to make sure their students have every opportunity to succeed. I would never want to attend another school.

Crown is an excellent place to grow academically, socially, and spiritually. I came to Crown expecting to be just another student, but the professors and other faculty and staff have taken me in as a part of their family, and it is one of the main reasons I continue to return each semester. I have also found friends from all over the world, which is something that I find very important in campus life. Though the food could be better on the weekends, Sodexo does their best to serve us food that we will appreciate with the facilities and budget they have. Overall, Crown has become my home and I would not trade my experience here for anything in the world.

I love Crown College! The academics and community here are high quality. The professors really care about the students and their relationships with Jesus. I wish there were more campus activities and ways to get involved, but other than that the college is perfect!

alyssa

I really love Crown College. It has a small enough on-campus attendance that I can get one-on-one help from my professors when needed, and can work in small study groups for tests and projects. I am very glad that this is where I chose to spend 4 years of my life. It is very expensive though, so I need to get a scholarships(s).

Dave

Dude! I know that college seems too difficult and too expensive; nevertheless you should know that life without a higher education will be a challenge. You'll have to become a "somebody" in a market free from competition - which is doable but painful. However, when you enter into a market where others, who are equally qualified, are trying for the same piece of the pie, they'll be chosen every time regardless of your expereince because those in authority understand that education gives you the tools to do business. There is power in education, and even though it won't necessarily make you a good manager it will give you tools, which will be very useful to further your carrier and help others to see value in your services. Carefully consider what I said and then make an ecucated decision. Good luck buddy!

Working full time and going to school full time is my biggest frustration; however, there is nothing that can be done about that.

Kailee

Crown College is a private Christian college and offers me a community of Christians as I follow my dreams.

Transitioning to college can be difficult, I would of went outside my network of friends and met different people, I would of went "outside of my box" and tried differnt groups, I would of gotten involved in community groups. I would of improved my grades, taken more advantage of asking teachers for help, spoken up more in class. I would of set higher expectations and not underestimated my talent. I would of learned to trust my decisions and not just my parents. I would of made more time for me, instead of being surrounded by my friends at all times.

Benjamin
Why did you decide to go to this school?

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Several factors played into my decision to attend Crown College. The focus on community, as well as the friendliness of faculty and students were probably most influential in leading to my decision. Many of the Christian values held by the school are also held by the majority of students, including me. Also, I hope to do community development/relief work after college, with CAMA Services, which is affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, which Crown College is affiliated with.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library or your dorm room, definitely. Many students attempt to do homework at the coffee shop or cafe, but there are plenty of distractions and most end up talking with friends or playing foosball.

While Crown is not a very difficult college to be accepted to, a decent amount is required of the students. An honor's program is available, which is quite rigorous, but even most regular classes require about one to three hours of work outside of class for every hour in class, in order to make good grades. While there are always exceptions, most students put a decent amout of effort into their schooling, as Crown is an expensive school, and students need to hang onto their scholarships. The classroom setting is a very positive experience. The professors are very personable, for the most part. For example, every professor I have had since my freshman year knows my name, and it is not an uncommon occurence for a group of students to spend time with any particular professor outside of class time. Many professors are involved with organized campus activities, such as a "professor hide and seek" that takes place at the Mall of America each year. The school requires an internship or practicum for most majors, which is extremely valuable towards gaining practical experience and for finding a career after college. I am an Intercultural Studies major, and wil take a two month practicum overseas, in a country basically of my choice, doing work that will help me understand what is required of people that pursue whatever vocation I will hope to find myself in after graduation.

To outsiders, there is definitely a view of Crown students as the "good Christian kids." It may strike many as weird to see college students praying with each other, singing worship songs, using "Christian" lingo, etc. Seeing all this drives the stereotype; however, it is important to remember that like all stereotypes, there are many exceptions to the rule, and there is always a deeper story to any stereotype. The truth is, most of the students love the Lord very much, and are serious about pursuing an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. Crown very much values a community based setting, and most of the students are very welcoming and hospitable. The student leadership is the lifeblood of this community mindset, and are the reason many people both choose and remain at Crown College.

Crown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.