Delta State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Delta State University

Kathrine

I love Delta State. I came out of a community college and did not live in the dorms but at home and i came to love being in the dorms, it also helped that my best friend is my roommate. The only complaint I have is how information gets around about events that are scheduled for students but it's been an amazing school and I cannot wait to begin my second semester.

Christin

I picked Delta State because of the small town and small class sizes. I like knowing all of my teachers and being able to contact them if I ever need help in class. Overall, the students are friendly and easy to get along with. Honor societies and other clubs offer extracurricular activities to be involved in.

Alyssa

Delta State University is a school that is small enough to see familiar faces but big enough to always meet new people! There is always something going on somewhere on campus or around town. The teachers and faculty are very kind and are always trying to find ways to get students involved around campus!

Avery

I’m currently ending my Freshman year here and I have loved every minute of it. The teacher and staff are so helpful here. The class sizes are what you would see in high school and that’s great. I’m able to be involved on campus in Greek life and other clubs. It is truly an amazing school and I don’t see myself at any other school but at Delta State University.

John

It may be in not the best or most exciting state, but it's character and people make up for it. I love playing soccer there and furthering my academics! The only compliant are the hot summers! I am looking forward to my years in Delta State and i happily recommend!

Linzie

Delta State is a great school to get involved and meet new people. There are so many on campus activities and off campus there is something for everybody. A lot of the time the social media director is giving away a free t-shirt. The food here on campus is really good ,it's just like home with soul food for breakfast,lunch ,and dinner. The students are really friendly and the staff is even better they are always there to help you with whatever you need from math to where to get a hair cut. One of the best part about Delta State's campus is that everything is so close together you can get from one building to another less than 10 minutes. The other best thing about Delta State is that there is no out of state tuition you could be from Alaska and still pay the same price as everyone else.

mckenzie

I enjoy being a student at Delta State because it has nice facilities, the ideal campus size, and available help in teacher or tutors. There is no lack of help from anywhere and the people are all extremely friendly. I am always being offered to participate in many of the extracirriculara because there is no shortage of them. I love it here!

Courtney

My opinion of Delta State is that it is a nice size university and I do enjoy being here and on campus a lot. the classes are not very huge so it makes learning and interactions much easier. Even though they make some of the classes to difficult and the way of learning is not clear sometimes teachers could teach more and not jus give reading or essay assignments.

Mai

My overall opinion of Delta State University is that I found it a pretty comfortable university to study at. It's very peaceful, and at the same time very exciting to be there too! There aren't many distrations over there that would let me get away from sudying. Delta State offers help as much as they can to get what students want, Delta State always seeks the best for students.

Hamhari

Delta State is a great university overall. Being from the hometown of Delta State, Cleveland, Mississippi, I have watched the university grow over the years, and have been involved with many programs promoted by and held by the university. I am honored to be a student at Delta State, and glad to have an official start on achieving my goal of becoming an airline pilot through the Commercial Aviation program offered by the university.

Delta State University is an amazing school. It's smaller than most schools in Mississippi, therefore the class sizes are smaller which allows for a better learning experience. The school size also allows for students to get to know each other on a personal level and make friends they will hopefully have forever. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to attend Delta State University and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small university with amazing professors and a friendly environment.

Marcus

Delta State University is diverse and has a alluring environment so you can have anything you want top prepare you for the world. It has the qualifications that not every college has. It has a diverse group of students that are eager to help others. It has unique teachers that are able to help all students no matter the problem.

Jayla

I’m glad I chose Delta State. It’s close to home and the instructors make you feel like you are at home. The class size is perfect for instructors to provide one on one attention. They seem to really care about us and we aren’t just a number. Instructors and Advisors are completely accessible.

SUNDRA

It's a great school and I didn't finish years ago but guess what I'm on my way to finishing my Psychology degree. I can't wait to start learning again, my parent finish there and became a Teacher for 30 years and I can't wait to make a difference. See you there in the halls or on campus.

Harley

I have enjoyed it so far. I love my classes and all the new friends I have made along the way. I look forward to my classes every day. The food is really good and the coffee is also a great thing. There are many study groups and ways to get help whenever needed.

Shawntavia

I really like the enviroment. I am planning on attending Delta State University in the Fall 2019. I been on the campus several times and I enjoyed every time. I like they way it feels to be on that campus so peaceful. The people around the campus are very polite and very helpful.

Sydney

I LOVE LOVE LOVE DSU! This college is all-around perfect, from class size to campus size. I would definitely recommend it. There is always some kind of music playing on campus, and I think that is unique. The campus has that "home away from home" feeling that I am always looking for.

Antonio

Hello, My name is Antonio Lambert. I am a current full time student here at Delta State University. I am a transferred junior here at this lovely university. So far, I love everything about my school. Everyone is so welcoming and they also encourage us to get out more often and get involved in school activities and events. My school has a nice display and the campus is always clean. My school actually cares about it's appearance and that's a good thing. Because based on the way that a school looks, it can either encourage or discourage a person at the same time.

lexus

I am super excited to attend Delta State

Kaitlin

I love Delta State so much. It originally wasn't even one of my choices, but I am so glad that I made the decision to come here. The class sizes are small, but I like that because it makes it easier to get to know your professors, and for them to get to know you.

Amarri

Delta State University is home! I was there for HOSA competition my tenth grade year and it was such a quiet campus. Since then, Delta State has been my number one choice of college. I visited with them in September on their Pig Pickin’ Day and it was so great. The energy felt the same as if I never left my high school. It felt like home. They people I met were soon to be family.

Mackenzie

Delta State University is my home away from home. Being originally from the wonderful state of Louisiana, I was terrified to leave and go somewhere new. I was offered a swimming scholarship with academic and I just couldn't turn down the opportunity. Yes, the school is in the middle of absolute nowhere but there is plenty of opportunities to get involved on and around campus. I rushed Kappa Delta and they are my new family for anything that I ever need. I love the renovated classrooms and the class sizes are very small, which allows you to become very close with your professors on a personal level. All of the teachers would be glad to help anyone with any questions that they have. There are constantly multiple athletic events occurring around campus and the Student Government Association (SGA) puts on events such as OkraFest and SpringFest for the enjoyment of the students. I love the atmosphere and the friendly southern hospitality that is received here at Delta State. Go Fighting Okra!!