East Stroudsburg, PA
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

Amber

I would have told myself to save up every possible penny because it is not fun to be a broke college student. I would make sure the past version of myself applied for more scholarships because paying back these loans is going to be miserable. Working harder on my grades should have been more of priority but was brushed off to keep from over stressing myself but maybe I should have stressed more. Some sort of organization would be practiced if I had a chance to redo my senior year of high school because both academically and financially, I am unorganized. I would tell myself to involve in more programs because it looks good for jobs and scholarships. There are so many things I regret not doing in my senior year. I was what you call a slacker and I'm definitely recieving the consequences now.

The worst thing about East Stroudsburg University is the food servers. Some of those people working are just miserable all the time. It would be easy to avoid them if it were the bookstore workers or Recreation center workers but it's the food servers. We have to come in contact with them every day and sometimes they are just downright rude.

I brag about my Chemistry professor. He is so friendly and such a good teacher. I'm learning so much by being in his class and I'm happy to have him again next semester. The school has also recently built new dorms and they are quite lovely. One has a new workout center on the first floor; this also created more jobs for the students on campus.

Darian

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give myself advice about what I now know about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself not to play around because sometimes you can get a little bit too playful and possibly even lose friends depending on how far you take it. I would also say to take everything serious as if there were to be no tomorrow and not to slack on school work, it is the most important thing. Although I am a straight A student, sometimes being quiet and keeping to yourself does not work, there can be a lot of distractions, so trying your best to stay focused can be helpful. Another thing I would tell myself is to make new friends but be yourself, help others that are in need of it, and take as many AP classes as you can because it will prepare you for college and give you an idea of what it is like. College is a challenge and the sooner you study for it the easier it will become.

I don't know too much about the school, this if my first year attending the school.

My senior year person was much different than the person that I am today. My senior year I just wanted to get out of school and get on with my life. I wasn't ready for college at all. If I could go back I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, so what if you have to write an essay. All the writing could be worth it, even one hundred dollars is better than nothing. I would tell myself to follow my real dream and go for teaching instead of saying you're going to become a race car drive. The only thing I wouldn't change was going to my local community college. I was able to stay close to my loving family and friends and have the best teachers I could ask for. I thought I was settling for a college because I couldn't afford it, but truthfully it helped me become the person I am today.

Josh

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships. I recieve financial aid now, but if i had the option to i would apply for more scholarships and grants. right now in the boat i'm in now i'll end up owing tens of thousands of dollars in student loans at the end of my college career, and i don't like that. As far as college life i think i transitioned well without any advice, and i think it's better to learn on your own.

The community is my favorite thing about the school. I found a lot of close friends in only the first week of school, and they have remained some of my best friends. The professors and students of the school are very friendly and easy to talk to. That has to be my favorite part of my school.

I think someone who is more focused on partying and getting drunk instead of doing their school work and getting good grades shouldn't go to this school. This school is littered with kids like that we have enough as it is, and there are too many options every night for someone to get drunk. This school is not good for someone like that because they will flunk out quick.

DNae

close family of students, diverse, and school spirit

close family of students, diverse, and school spirit

go into college strong and ready. it will be a new experience, but a great experience! strive for your goals and reach for the stars. theyre yours!

this school is fit for all students. its simply diverse and comfortable

Andrea

Study and take a lot more AP courses... Study to get my SAT scores higher.. Get involved in more school activities like Track and Field.. Save more money in my bank account..

New dorms were built and my tuition went up..

East Stroudsburg is a party College...

Justin

The Biology program with a concentration in Pre-Physical Therapy is great for my future career goals. The knowledge the professors have provided me with will be useful when I enter grad school. The tutors that ESU provides allow me to better understand the material presented to me in class. With the help of the instructors and the tutors I have been able to master the concepts presented to me. Another added bonus of attending ESU is that it is financially cheaper than other schools in the area by being close to home.

Going back in time to visit my former high-school self, I would tell myself to apply more in school and focus more on future goals and career plans. In order to make this change, I would encourage myself to become more discplined in my studies. I would tell myself to look into a variety of schools that included programs of my current interests. Upon joining the Reserves in the military, I was able to deteremine how much discipline I actually needed to put forth in order to succeed. I utilized this important skill to improve myself as a student and a learner. I would tell myself to embrace experiences and take positive attributes from them to better myself. I would tell myself that the most important career choice for me personally is a job that helps other people by helping to improve their every day lives. I would also give financial advice to myself and say that I am purely responsible for paying for my education and I need to do everything possible to fund my future.

The type of person that should not attend this school is an individual who is looking to primarily party during their college career and not give their studies 100%. ESU expects students to be disciplined and to take their studies seriously. Professors do not appreciate students that take their class as a joke and prefer hard-working individuals who pay attention to topics and participate when asked.

Erik

This is an odd question seeing that I haven't seen them since 1997...but the students at ESU were all very nice. It was a great place to build great relationships and lasting friendships.

I would not have changed a thing. I knew what I wanted to study in school, I knew where I wanted to go and I knew the career path that I was going to pursue. I realize that many students did not have that luxuary but I had a mentor in high school that help me clearly direct myself. I would tell those in my shoes to make sure you shadow those in professions that you are interested in. Besure it is something that you would really like to call your career. Find a mentor and ask plenty of questions.

This is an excellent state university in Pennsylvania that attracts those wanting an incredible education within a smaller school setting. ESU provides one-on-one education that is needed between professor and student that is usually lost in the larger schools. ESU is also set in a beautiful setting with the Poconno Mountains!

Amber

College has been an unforgetable experience for me because neither my mother or father finished college. When I first applied to college i was scared i wouldn't be able to do it, and that it would be to hard. Once I got there i realized that those teachers are there to make sure you succeed. I think the number one thing that I have taken away from my college experience is that it is possible to go to college and get a degree even if your parents didn't. My mom started college when she was younger but dropped out. I have made it my own personal mission to get her back in because i know she can do it and I also know its what she wants more than anything. Know that I've been through my first two years I can tell her about my experience and tell her she can do it, and that she doesn't need to be scared. I think that my first two years through college helped to push me farther into my future by allowing me to grow and mature at my own rate and teaching me that anything is possible.

Laureen

Attending college has rekindled my quest for learning and has expanded my understanding of others. Besides academic enrichment, I have learned patience and improved my stewardship. Camaraderie has evolved into a sincere desire to help fellow classmates, tempering my competitive nature and exposing the value of sharing. College has also highlighted the importance of time management, self-motivation, and goal setting. The significance of these skills will extend beyond academia and serve as the foundation on which to build a strong career. Volunteerism through the service-learning component of school has broadened my exposure to the needs of my community. It has underscored the meaning of giving back, as well as reminding me of the importance of humility and service to others. I had always considered college as an unattainable goal and ultimate privilege. My greatest lesson has been one of perseverance, allowing me to realize this lifelong dream. The collective value of my college experience will continue to transcend into all aspects of my life. It will forever be the foundation that defines me as a better student, citizen, and wife.

East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.