Boston, MA
Emmanuel College-Boston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Emmanuel College-Boston

As a student of Emmanuel College, I got an excellent education out of it. The teachers, staff, and other students helped to create a memorable experience for me. The lessons you learn and the friends you make, help you to become a better person.

I think that everybody who goes to this school finds something new for it to be known for. While I was a student, Emmanuel College was known for its great academic program.

Anybody and everybody should be given the chance to go to this school.

Meisha

I have benefited greatly from my college experience in a multitude of ways. Foremostly, I should acknowledge that I attended a junior college before pursuing my education further at a four year unviersity. I think this was a wise decision as it has proved to be a valuable stepping stone on the path to my future. My junior college provided me with sound mentors/professors who were knowledgeable and approachable, making it less difficult to communicate in what could have been a very intimidating setting. I have learned responsibility, accountability, time management, and critical thinking from being in their classes. Being apart of clubs on campus has also given me the opportunity to cooperate with others and be an active, participating student at school events. Perhaps one of the greatest values I learned by attending college, however, was a sense of community and togetherness with my fellow students. College has taught me to be open to other people and to listen to their experiences with keen ears, for if we listen to each other and work together we may find solutions to the problems that plague our world. Last, but not least, college showed me learning could be fun!

Marissa

I wish that I knew the requirements better and what I was exempt from because I ended up taking a class my first semester that I didn't need and it didn't fufill any requirement.

The worse thing at the school is that the freshman are the last to pick their classes so they sometimes you get shafted with classes and/or times you don't want. Also this year there were a lot of forced triples which can be very uncomfortable and suffocating at times.

I have had the best college experiance in the past 2 months. Emmanuel has everything I want. It has the gated campus feel but in the middle of the city. As soon as you walk out of the gate you are in the middle of Boston and extreamly close to Fenway. Our school is part of the Colleges of the Fenway so it is part of a community that includes four other schools. I have met so many new people not only from my school but from many of the other schools because Boston is the ultimate college city. Classes are great and my schedule is very manageable and I yet to feel stressed out unlike in high school where I was stressed many times. College is by far an experiance everyone should have.

Derek

College has been an amazing for me. I've learned alot and i want to continue my education as far as i can. College is very important for me because i'am the first one from my family to go.

Rebecca

Attending college has opened up an amazing amount of opportunities for me to learn, grow, and become the person that I would like to become. I have learned traditionally in the classroom, but also socially and work-wise as well.

Small, private, quiet liberal arts college in Boston.

It's located right in the middle of the city, but with all the greenery it doesn't seem that way.

Krystal

This school requires a general curriculum of broad classes that every student must take to allow for exploration of all major fields. Also, no student declares a major until spring of their sophomore year, allowing for room to grow and explore options without the pressure of being pigeon-holed into a selected major course schedule right away.

Although my freshman year in college has had its ups and downs, I consider it a truly valuable experience. . Although the course load has seemed overbearing and hard to deal with at times, I feel that as the months have gone on, I've learned to utilize my time well, and get all assignments done in a timely manner. Some courses are still challenging to me, but I try my hardest to do my work to the best of my ability, but also to seek help from tutors when necessary. I know that there will always be challenges in life, and I'm slowly but surely gaining the skills I need to overcome these challenges, and break through the barriers to become the person I want to be. Living in the city is another amazing perk of residing at Emmanuel College. When I'm not studying or working on course projects, I have the option of taking in a Red Sox game, listening to the musicians in Boston Common, or simply walking around the historic Boston. All of these experiences have helped me to grow and expand as a person, building my character to whom I want to be.

Kendra

Its sense of community. Its unique position in Boston: small school in a a dynamic city. Really pretty campus. Ability to get to know your professors and the school's professional staff.

My college experience taught me that life is what you make of it. I went to a small school where I was solely responsible for my education; the opportunities that I would have in work and internships; and being the best student I could be. My college education taught me to open doors, and see what might be on the other side. I've continued to explore these challenges, and have ended up in a place that I wouldn't have thought possible five years ago. I'm starting nursing school this Spring at Johns Hopkins. I wouldn't have realized my dream of becoming a nurse without my unique undergraduate experience, and without the challenge to independently acheive.

If you are looking for BIG classes and BIG school experience, this wouldn't be the place for you. Emmanuel has a very close-knit community: small classes where professors knows every student by the end of the second week! Lots of people move off campus by their Junior year. It is a dry campus.

Coming from a small, mostly white, middle-class town in central Massachusetts and entering a college in the big, diverse city of Boston was a complete cultural shock. Not only were there people from different ethnic and racial backgrounds, but religious and economic as well. There were students from Boston to Los Angeles and Europe to Asia. From these differences though I have met best friends and great connections, as well as learned various cultures. To say I was a shy freshman out of my element would be an understatement, but I, as I'm sure many others, have since grown from this experience. Yes, I have learned the importance of time-management, setting goals, and getting involved, but nothing has been more valuable than cultural awareness. This awareness has not only allowed me to be more understanding of people, but it has also influenced my views on many subject matters. Attending Emmanuel College has been one of the most influential experiences I have ever had.

Emmanuel College is a small, diverse, community focused in helping their students succeed with their education and career choices.

Someone best fit for this school is one who wants the small campus feel, while living in a large city. However, because there is so much to do in the city, this person has to be very school focused in order to stay on track with their education. And, don't be afraid to get involved; with all of the activities the school offers there are endless opportunities to succeed.

Caitlin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there is a vast amount of advice I would give. I would inform myself that those late-night talks in the kitchen before your 8 am class probably aren't the best idea, because in the long-run, he wasn't worth it. (Especially since you'll miss your favorite class.) Don't pass up all those moments though, because they turn out to be some of the best memories you'll have. Just choose who you spend those nights/early mornings with carefully. Give yourself a break. Everyone on campus has experienced what you will go through, so don't worry yourself sick over where to sit in the dining hall-This is not Mean Girls. Learn the differences between high school work and college! In high school, you spent the whole day in the same building, traveling from class to class. Most of the work (and learning) was accomplished within those four walls. The term ?homework? was a misnomer; you completed nearly all of it at lunch, in study hall, and in class. Learn how to MANAGE YOUR TIME!

Anyone who is looking for a great sense of community and belonging would feel at home at this college. The school provides an excellent environment for learning, developing relationships, and personal growth. Academics is (as it should be) a strong focus of this school; nearly all else comes after this number one priority. The only thing held above academics is faith. That's not saying that people are required to believe the school's Catholicism, or participate in any religious services. This school is tolerant off all faiths. Overall, it is the perfect college campus in this country.

This school isn't for anyone who isn't serious about being here. College is obviously a time for fun and freedom, but more importantly, it is a place to learn and work. You can have fun at home, for a lot less dough. Anyone who's not committed to furthering their education should not be here. Also, our school is located in the heart of Boston, near Fenway. Due to our location, our school is tremendously diverse, and the college does much to welcome all students, regardless of race. Those intolerant of other ethnicities should not attend this school.

Anna

I would tell myself that this transition is probably going to be the hardest challenge that I'll ever have to overcome, but that I am a strong person with a great support system who will make it through anything.

Emmanuel College is a small, liberal-arts college with a wide variety of majors, a close-knit campus, and a great faculty all in the great city of Boston!

Emmanuel College-Boston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.