Saint Louis, MO
Fontbonne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fontbonne University

Candance

My school is best known for being a private school with small classroom sizes.

My school is best known for being a private school with small classroom sizes.

I've received a mass amount of information that I will be able to apply to my professional life once graduating. I have gain not only knowledge but a chance to meet caring professors as well as students that think outside of the box and always willing to help others succeed. When there are times that information isn't clear, I love the fact that you're able to ask the professor questions, most of the time and not feel inferior or afraid to get the necessary help for you to complete your assignment and gain an understanding. I believe that Fontbonne was the best choice I could've ever made in selecting a university to attend. The class size is wonderful and when I'm on campus I feel at home. Everyone here knows everyone and you're not just a number, you're a person that is cared by many while you're here and even after you graduate.

If you're the type of person that likes large universities with large class sizes, I don't feel Fontbonne would be a good place for you to attend.

Natalie

Fontbonne is a lovely, small-ish school with a great sense of history and community, and is located in one of the coolest parts of St. Louis.

Fontbonne has a really great art program that focuses on figurative and other representational subjects, which I think set it apart from many other art programs out there right now that seem to focus mainly (or only) on a more contemporary or abstract (avant gard, even) approach. I like that Fontbonne is a place for art students interested in a slightly more "traditional" (comparitively speaking) interpretation of things, and this is why I chose to attend the school.

I just transferred to Fontbonne University this semester, but I can tell I'm going to love my time there. It's got such a great sense of history and community, and the art program is the perfect fit for me. Plus it's in the city of Clayton, which is part of St. Louis county with a cool culture and vibe.

Kyrstie

If I could relay any piece of wisdom to myself as a senior, it would without hesitation be: ?Don't take the notion of higher education for granted. Take responsibility for what you want.? Unfortunately, in mid 2009 my dad lost his job, not an uncommon story as of late. All of a sudden, we couldn't afford what I had always assumed would be available to get me in school. Somehow I'd envisioned I'd find myself at USF as a student without envisioning the process of putting myself there. So I started the process, much too late as I soon found. Scholarship deadlines had passed. My dad's unemployment began after tax season and made eligibility for financial aid difficult. As I watched both fall and subsequent spring semesters pass, I realized I had done this to myself. I didn't plan for college. Now I have an appreciation for school. I want to give myself every tool to succeed in life. This period of time of out school has shown me that no one should expect anything to just happen. Responsibility, initiative, and autonomy are so important. I hope to model these characteristics from now on.

Allison

First of all, have a great time! Enjoy every minute of the college life because, no matter how often you tell yourself that you're going to be in school forever, your really not going to be and, believe it or not, you'll miss it when its gone. Secondly, take a break every once in while. Whenever you need to, just stop and take a breath. Trying to do too much at one time is a waste of everyone's energy. You'll end up doing whatever it is you're trying to do badly and you will have forgotten to make memories and... enjoy yourself. It can't hurt anything to just breathe for a second. Finally, I would tell myself to be prepared for things not to always go my way. Its a nice thought to set goals and dreams of doing things your own way but your list of "to do's" doesn't always match up with everyone else's. So stay focused on your goals but be flexible and don't freak out if something doesn't go exactly how you planned. That's how life is. =)

The thing that I liked most about Fontbonne was that it was not what I was used to. I come from a southern Baptist home and church background so everyone expected me to attend Missouri Baptist University. However, I chose Fontbonne because I saw it as a chance to not only study for my field of interest but also to learn more about the world and different cultures, faiths and political views. It was definitely the right choice for me.

I tell my friends about the sports quite often. Fontbonne has a very distinguished sporting history and most of the teams are very good. But of course, I also talk a lot about my classes and professors. Most of them are great, which makes for very stimulating discussion during class.

Victoria

My school is a community working together to enhance the lives of students who will be our future leaders.

If I could go back in time to before I started college and tell myself one thing, it would be that even if I think I know who I am, what I like, and who I want to be, I should still take advantage of every opportunity to try something new. The unique experiences presented to college students everyday help them grow to be better than they ever thought they could be, or inspire them to take a new path, or helpe them discover a hidden talent or passion. Also, don't be afraid to take yourself seriously. Sometimes its hard to believe you're old enough to have the responsibilities you acquire in college, but no matter what anyone else tells you, you are the only one who can decide whats right for you. You are the only one you can hold accountable for your success or your failure. So push yourself to grow, learn, and succeed because at the end of the day you are the only one who can make those things happen for yourself.

The best thing about my school is that the student body is proactive and innovative. Everyone here thinks and solves problems at higher levels, everyone here is very driven and goal-oriented. Students are also very involved in organizations on and off campus, the majority of which are service oriented.

Akeem

To help you begin - or advance- the career of your dreams.

To help you begin - or advance- the career of your dreams.

Well I would tell myself stay focus, do your best and don't give up because it will be harder than thing you have ever done before.

That it will help me to build a secure future for me and my family.

Antionette

The type of person that should attend this school is someone that would rather have more one on one time with their professors and someone that likes a small environment. Fontbonne University is a small private unvierserity that is focused on providing students with the best education possible.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, the one thing I would tell my self to do more of is to apply for more scholarships and focus more on my reading and study habits.

Every school is unique in its own way. The most frustrating things about my school is that it doesn't provide enough homework. I enjoy getting homework because it helps me to practice and get a better understanding of the work.

Donnaven

The advice I would give myself is give every school a chance. Be a hard-worker; don't be a slacker college is no laughing matter. Doing this is a benchmark of your life since that you are the first of your family to got to college so you got show a good example to your two little brothers and your mother.

The kind of person that should attend is the people that have a wonderful personality, hard-worker, and a person who like to have fun in and out of the class room.

What unique about Fontbonne University is people around campus is nice, wonderful, and easy to talk to. It a small campus, so you can really understand the course you take and really get help with your teacher. There alot of fun things to do while in Fontbonne like sports, clubs, hanging out with friends, or even take a tour around Saint Louis if you have vist there. That is my reason on why Fontbonne University is unique.

There is nothing I can tell you that you don't already know. Just remember to always be true to yourself and never let anyone change who you are. If you need to change yourself to make friends happy then they simply are not the best match; you CAN do better. Always work your hardest, and remember that hard work, though it may not always be fun, will always pay off in the end. If you have trouble, it is okay to ask others for help. Never regret the choices you have or will make. We all can look back on something and think about what we should have done, but, keep in mind that the other choice would have lead you down a different path and you wouldn't be the person that you are today. Always believe in yourself, you are an unbelievable person and have so much potential in your future life.

Quite honestly, I wasn't fully prepared for the workload. I had attended a community college two years prior and was not aware of how much higher Fontbonne's educational standards really were. The first semester was far tougher than I could have ever dreamed it would be, but, now that I am more adjusted to the teaching style at this university I couldn't be happier with my choice. I am in my final semester now and I believe that the challenges I faced in that first semester, as well as those that followed, have been to my benefit.

The most frustrating thing about Fontbonne is the lack of on-campus parking. While it is a smaller campus, the vast majority of students commute and there is only enough parking for about half of the total student body, commuters and residents alike. To alleviate the issue Fontbonne has secured off-campus parking by which students can travel to and from class by shuttle. This, in my opinion, is a fair solution. With each passing year, however, the number of students attending Fontbonne University increases. For this reason, I fear this problem will only continue to worsen over time.

Caitlin

Put more into it. Remember that everything counts and to think about my actions and what I do in my free time more. Possibly even go deeper and do more learning/researching on my own.

The size. Smaller classes provides more time for individual questions to get answered, better discussions and debates and people get to know each other better.

Fontbonne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.