Statesboro, GA
Georgia Southern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Southern University

Bria

I love Georgia Southern. It is a large campus, but it doesn't feel that way and even a quiet, introverted person like myself can find something to do and people to do it with. The academics are great and GaSo prides itself on its class sizes for good reason; the only large classes are lecture CORE classes.

Calvin

Georgia Southern has great on campus housing although it is expensive. As a freshman you don't really need a car the bus services are pretty convenient and there is always uber. Many students use the campus facilities like the amazing library. At the library you can always see students working together to do well in their studies.

Devon

There are many reasons that I like Georgia Southern. I've found that the professors are available to us on a regular basis, they're understanding of your situation and will many times give you a second chance if you need it and you show that you're trying. With regards to the dorms, the maintenance staff are very responsive and helpful. There are many things to do for students on campus such as game nights, concerts and other events. The school is very involved with the community of Statesboro and will pay tribute to the local farmers at the football games as well as the troops. They go out of their way to recognize farmers and troops due to the large amount of farms around the area, many students are 6th generation farmers and when recognizing the troops, the school has one of the largest ROTC programs in the country. For students who are faith based, there are many churches in the area for them to choose from. In addition to all of the above, the school works hard to have high moral value and makes sure that there isn't discrimination against anyone. It is a well rounded school touching on all types of degrees and catering to many different types of students and their learning styles. Overall, Georgia Southern is a great school.

Kimberley

This school is big in size but small in heart. You wont get lost and if you do people or more than happy to help you find your way. The class sizes are perfect for any type of person from small classes to large ones. This school is home away from home.

Alexis

Georgia Southern University is a large campus and yet people know your name. I have spent the last four years attending the university. I will graduate on May 7th and many of the classmates that entered August of 2012 are also graduating. The cost is reasonable, and the housing is great. Centennial is an awesome dorm, they are apartments literally. I was in a four bedroom, full kitchen, and living area, two girls on one side and two girls on the other and a shared bathroom. The food is halfway decent, and there is a true sense of belonging. The campus is great, the school spirit is awesome!!

Mary Michelle

Georgia Southern University Review

I have desired to go to GSU since I was little. My mom went there, and graduated from there. We both love this college very much. It has the perfect class size for me, and has all the resources I need. The people are very nice, make you feel very welcome, and assist you with any questions or concerns you have. It is a great place to be, and I can't wait to go there in the fall.

Dashawna

Georgia Southern University Review

Georgia Southern is a great school. The professors are great, the campus is beautiful, and the students are awesome. But just like any other campus, Georgia Southern does have problems at times but nothing that overshadows its greatness.

Kailan

They are all very naive but provide a supportive environment.

They are all very naive but provide a supportive environment.

I would advise my former self to apply for every scholarship known to man no matter the amount. I would suggest that I always stay in contact with former teachers as they could also assist in helping you understand the average college curriculum.

Honestly, I wish I woud've known the that independence was such an important factor at Georgia Southern. I had to schedule when and what part of campus to eat at everyday while moving in between classes which may sound simple but is rather difficult. I remember of one day I forgot to eat until about midnight and realized, HEY, I didn't eat all today. With that said I would say manage your time and classes to where you can eat and study properly in order to get a balanced college experience.

Destiny

Georgia Southern is known as one of the biggest party schools in Georgia. I can admit that there are a lot of students who party all the time; however those are usually freshman who have never experienced freedom, and because of that many of them do not continue into their sophomore year. I am currently a freshman and I have never been caught up with partying. t is one of those things that if you don't do it then you don't notice it and it isn't a problem.

Georgia Southern is definitely a college that gets excited about football. Everyone is active in the games and supporting our fellow eagles. On campus there are a huge range of intramural sports that fit a variety of people's interests. The famous RAC, recreational activity center, is the best place to relax by the pool or in the sauna after class, to release stress through a game of basketball, rock climbing, and racquetball, or enjoy some free time in the dance studio or just working out. There is also a massive amount of Fraternities and Sororities. Clubs are everywhere, and the best thing is that if it is not created then the university will pay you to create one.

Georgia Southern is a very open and friendly university. There are students of many different varieties. Finding friends is one of the easiest obstacles in going to Georgia Southern. There are students form all over and of a variety of colors. There are hundreds of clubs that support interactions and friendly gatherings. With the number of majors at Georgia Southern, there is a wide span of students with different interests that one could connect with. Also, there are thousands of international students who are amazing to have as a companion and to learn from. The opportunities to meet new people are endless.

moses

Most people see this university as a party school. This is a very inaccurate observation. This is a good amount of alcohol and drug use, but it is no more than any other school in the US. If people look past this false accusation, then they would see that GSU is a very good school. The classes are small and the professors are very helpful to the students and most of them give out extra credit opportunities to help the students be successful in their class.

I would tell myself three things. One: Study for my test at least two days before the test. Waiting to study for a test the night before is not a good habit to get into. It may have worked in high school, but it won't in college. Two (in relation to one): Do not procrastinate, especially on essays. This will only lead to an immense amount of stress and it will negatively effect your grades on the assignments and in the class. Three: If you have to choose between school and social life, lean more towards the studious side. The grades you receive are permanent while your social life will constantly change. There are plenty of opportunities for you to go out and party-- it is college.

I wish that I knew that biology is not a good major for me. I almost failed the class and this tanked my GPA and I almost lost my Hope Scholarship. I wish i would have accepted the fact that math is more of my thing.

Georgia Southern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.