Statesboro, GA
Georgia Southern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Southern University

Mary Michelle

Georgia Southern University Review

I have desired to go to GSU since I was little. My mom went there, and graduated from there. We both love this college very much. It has the perfect class size for me, and has all the resources I need. The people are very nice, make you feel very welcome, and assist you with any questions or concerns you have. It is a great place to be, and I can't wait to go there in the fall.

Dashawna

Georgia Southern University Review

Georgia Southern is a great school. The professors are great, the campus is beautiful, and the students are awesome. But just like any other campus, Georgia Southern does have problems at times but nothing that overshadows its greatness.

Kailan

They are all very naive but provide a supportive environment.

They are all very naive but provide a supportive environment.

I would advise my former self to apply for every scholarship known to man no matter the amount. I would suggest that I always stay in contact with former teachers as they could also assist in helping you understand the average college curriculum.

Honestly, I wish I woud've known the that independence was such an important factor at Georgia Southern. I had to schedule when and what part of campus to eat at everyday while moving in between classes which may sound simple but is rather difficult. I remember of one day I forgot to eat until about midnight and realized, HEY, I didn't eat all today. With that said I would say manage your time and classes to where you can eat and study properly in order to get a balanced college experience.

Destiny

Georgia Southern is known as one of the biggest party schools in Georgia. I can admit that there are a lot of students who party all the time; however those are usually freshman who have never experienced freedom, and because of that many of them do not continue into their sophomore year. I am currently a freshman and I have never been caught up with partying. t is one of those things that if you don't do it then you don't notice it and it isn't a problem.

Georgia Southern is definitely a college that gets excited about football. Everyone is active in the games and supporting our fellow eagles. On campus there are a huge range of intramural sports that fit a variety of people's interests. The famous RAC, recreational activity center, is the best place to relax by the pool or in the sauna after class, to release stress through a game of basketball, rock climbing, and racquetball, or enjoy some free time in the dance studio or just working out. There is also a massive amount of Fraternities and Sororities. Clubs are everywhere, and the best thing is that if it is not created then the university will pay you to create one.

Georgia Southern is a very open and friendly university. There are students of many different varieties. Finding friends is one of the easiest obstacles in going to Georgia Southern. There are students form all over and of a variety of colors. There are hundreds of clubs that support interactions and friendly gatherings. With the number of majors at Georgia Southern, there is a wide span of students with different interests that one could connect with. Also, there are thousands of international students who are amazing to have as a companion and to learn from. The opportunities to meet new people are endless.

moses

Most people see this university as a party school. This is a very inaccurate observation. This is a good amount of alcohol and drug use, but it is no more than any other school in the US. If people look past this false accusation, then they would see that GSU is a very good school. The classes are small and the professors are very helpful to the students and most of them give out extra credit opportunities to help the students be successful in their class.

I would tell myself three things. One: Study for my test at least two days before the test. Waiting to study for a test the night before is not a good habit to get into. It may have worked in high school, but it won't in college. Two (in relation to one): Do not procrastinate, especially on essays. This will only lead to an immense amount of stress and it will negatively effect your grades on the assignments and in the class. Three: If you have to choose between school and social life, lean more towards the studious side. The grades you receive are permanent while your social life will constantly change. There are plenty of opportunities for you to go out and party-- it is college.

I wish that I knew that biology is not a good major for me. I almost failed the class and this tanked my GPA and I almost lost my Hope Scholarship. I wish i would have accepted the fact that math is more of my thing.

My school is unique compared to the other colleges I considered because it is larger than the community college in my home city but smaller than the other universities I did campus visits on, so it fits me. There is a large community of people who relate to me on campus, and I have not run into anyone who isn't friendly yet.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and focus less on how my classmates were doing in their courses. Honestly, I should have paid more attention to myself instead of being so preoccupied with other people's successes that I missed the deadlines for most opporotunities that I could have had. I also would have cared less about my social life, since I should have known I was leaving most of my classmates behind. Right now I've completely lost contact with most of the people I went to high school with simply because we don't have time to talk to each other. I would have concentrated more on family and figuring out what I wanted to do in life, since even only halfway through my first semester of college I've changed my major twice from what I thought I wanted during high school, which wouldn't have happened if I had paid more attention to my own skills instead of what my friends were doing.

The best thing about my school is how considerate all the students are of each other; almost anyone will help you if you are lost and no one shoves you out of the way if they are in a hurry. The staff here also helps students make the best of their education and if a student needs help understanding the materials, I haven't known of any professors who can't explain what they teach even better during their office hours.

Olivia

Some of them are hardworking but some of them do the bare minimum.

Some of them are hardworking but some of them do the bare minimum.

I would tell myself that I need to go into college undeclared because going in declared messed me up. I would also tell myself to form better study habits and that i need to continue to work as hard as I did in high school. That I need to get involved in clubs and other organizations on campus. I need to be doing things to build my resume as soon as possible.

Nicholas

Attending a small school in central Georgia, I learned to cherish my classmates as if they were my brothers. As the years progressed and college was no longer just a distant idea, we would discuss for hours what this new step in our lives was going to entail. College acceptances came back and those whom I had lived right down the street from for my entire life were now going to be attending various colleges around the country. We coined the term NSD- “Nervous, Scared, Depressed”. We were Nervous of what the upcoming experience would be, Scared of the challenges ahead of us, and Depressed to be leaving our childhood friends and the town we loved so much. If I could talk to my high school self, I would change this negative phrase to “New, Stimulate, Direction”. College is New, both positive and negative experiences that truly Stimulate your mind, helping you to overcome obstacles. It provides Direction for you to learn what you truly value in life. It is more than four years away from home and friends; it changes you, molds you, and helps you to determine what purpose you serve in the world.

One thing I discovered upon leaving Georgia Southern University and starting my role in "the real world" was the lack of fundamental training on software that is used across all industries. I find that this holds true for most, if not all universities. There is an emphasis on memorizing class materials which has a negligent presence in corporations across the country. Instead of the traditional educational approach, I believe universities should purchase and provide training on software packages that major organizations are using. This way students can come out of their education gaining a valuable, technical skillset.

I think it is extremely hard to narrow a student to a particular "kind of person". While at GSU, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet students from all over the world. There is an international presence at the university that brings wonderful diversity and pride to the campus. If I had to list a kind of person, I would say one that is committed to school, and not there to "party". Too often students had to leave due to poor grades, and not taking their education seriously.

Shannon

Take high school seriously. Study harder because you will need to have that foundation for your first year of classes. Take your first two years of classes seriously once you get into college. When professors see your dedication, it opens doors later on down the road. Respect the professors' time and read the syllabi and grading rubric before turning in assignments because that will help you to better understand what the professors are really wanting from you. Also, read the textbooks and research your questions before asking your professors. Try to understand the material before going to class to prevent asking questions that the books answer, which also helps you better understand what is going on in class. Learn how to understand concepts instead of memorizing facts because that is what sticks with you as you progress from freshman, to sophmore, to junior, to senior. Keep in mind that researching, writing, and completing projects takes double the amount of time that you originally think. Finally, do not waste your time while you are there. Maximize the time between classes to study and work on projects ahead of time to prevent having to stay up all night to to these things.

Lack of healthy options for eating for the students who are forced to purchase the dining plans.

Dietetic Internships cost money and are extremely competitive. Students must pay the internship site once they are accepted. Internships accept applications from all 50 states but only choose between 2-10 total students out of the thousands of applications.

Katelyn

I would tell myself as a high school senior to not go back into my old habits that I was set into during high school. This time sets your future career and no one will be able to help you turn around from your mistakes. It also costs you a lot from your pocket and time when you put the effort you need in coursework. It feels much better to get an A grade, rather than just passing through with a C. I would also tell myself to explore into different careers and participate in some volunteer work. Now I don't have the time that I would like to "try out different careers". Every moment now is spent working and trying to pay bills instead of trying to figure out what career would be best for me. Its much easier when you don't have so many responsibilities.

The worst thing about my school is how big and spread out the campus is. The lack of parking will be an issue as well.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of explaination I receive. There are so many students there, so things cannot get done on time.

Georgia Southern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.