Indianapolis, IN
Ivy Tech Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ivy Tech Community College

trina

I would have really took advantage of every thing my teacher was teaching me to prepare for college instead I thought it was going to be the same as high school not that hard. So I had to find out the hard way that college is not as easy as I thought and that the teachers doesn't stay on you as the one's you had and high school. Because to them they are there to teacher the ones that really want to learn they dont make you turn and your homework once they tell you the due date and you dont turn the work and thats your problem the only way they would give you more time is if you had an death and the family are you was sick. So as I look back and remeber what my teachers told my I realized that life is to short and that you should always listen to your teachers because they have already being through what we have to go through to get where we want to be so that we can tell younger people that it is not easy so study hard and they would achieve there goals.

Beth

Less expensive but still has transfer programs for great 4 year colleges. Smaller classrooms with turoring available. Easier to get to know people on a smaller campus

You are smarter than you know right now, so don't listen to those who say college isn't for you. Get in there and get your degree right out of high school rather than waiting until you're in your 40's. You will learn as you go along that your I.Q. is above average, so learn to trust yourself. College only seems intimidating until you get started. Take the plunge now! Also, when you meet that first husband, RUN!

Miracle

As a high school senior going into college I would tell myself to be alot more prepared. I only had very few scholarships and I only had enough to get me through the first year of college at IUPUI. I would have been alot smarter with my money and what college when have been the best for me at that time in my life. I should have contiued to apply for scholarships even after I was accepted into the college of my choice. Those are some of things I would have said concerning finances. While living the college life I would have told myself to be alot more focused. I started out excited and very focused, but when things became a little difficult for me I backed off. I didn't use the tutoring that was available and I wasted time trying to hand instead of studying. I would have told myself to be prepared to graduate no matter what the cost, no matter what I had to miss out on, or sacrifices I had to make. I should have stayed focused, because in the end it would have paid off.

I wish I had known all of the resources that they have available. I learned after being in and out of school for a while all of the great things that they have to offer. They try to make things easier for working students as possible.

People who are looking for a good education at a low price, would definitely enjoy the Ivy Tech Campus. This school is geared toward working adults or just people who deal with life and still want to gain a good education. It is alot more easier to get resources from this school than from a four year college. The great thing about this school is that once you have reached the capacity you want the credits transfer to almost any school in the United States. Both the online classes and the face-to-face classes offer quality education.

My school is best known for the fact that we give working adults and those who struggled in previous schooling a chance to further their education. Ivy Tech does not turn down any student. They view that everyone deserves a chance to earn their associates degree, because they know that to get a better job now days you have to have that degree to even be recognized. They work hard to accomodate the students with any problems that may arise whether it be with tutoring, or financial aid. They won't leave you feeling lost and unwanted.

I would tell myself to be more focused so that I am better prepared for college education. Spend more time focusing on what you enjoy doing so that picking out your major isn't as hard. Do well on your SAT/ACT's because they do matter and they will get you far in the college schooling selection by giving you more options. Get more involved with the student body. Join a club or play a sport. This will help in your team building skills and social skills. This will help by putting yourself out there more and getting recognized. The most important thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling in a subject or are having troubles in the situation you are in don't be afraid to approach a teacher or a faculty member with the problem. They are there to help you and are always glad to explain the solutions. Not asking for help will get you nowhere and will hurt you in the long haul.

My school is a great school to attend if you are a working student or a parent. They offer many classes in every field during different times throughout the day and week. This way the students don't feel limited and won't miss out on the classes they would like to take. They just started midnight madness classes this semester to accomodate for those people who are busy throughout the day. Some do not like to take online courses and would rather be taught in person. That's why these midnight classes are beneficial.

Benjamin

The advice i would give myself would be to take the SAT or ACT.

The advice i would give myself would be to take the SAT or ACT.

I wish I would have known how to get more scholarships.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is very small.

Through my journey in life and as it continues I have seen a major change in the way the world was and the way it is today. Our needs for today?s world require a two income family. Knowing that the only way to make it in the remainder of my life is for me to get a higher education. My Journey in life has taught me to focus my attention on my family and how precious life is. How important it is to get a good education. I have stressed to my girls that you should have two or more majors in college. You should enjoy what you have when you have it; because it can change right in front of your eyes. The girls and I have experienced this first hand, seeing their dad loose his job. How our life turned upside down. We are blessed that my husband has found temporary work, but as we all know this too shall come to an end. We pray that God will continue to provide help with our financial needs. Don't wait until your world turns upside down. Stay in school reach for the ski and fufill your dreams.

The majority of the students that are on Finicial aid register for classes but do not intend to follow through with taking the class. They drop out just before the deadline and get a full refund of their aid to spend how ever they wish. I am very serious about my education and strive for high grades but can not get any federal funding to help with the expense. This is very discourging, when I could really use the help.

No one, This school is the least expensive school in the state of Indiana. Why would one want to pay a higher price for the same education?

Beth

I would tell myself that your GPA does matter. I might want to go into another field some day, and the school will look at my GPA. I would have told myself that Criminal Justice Degree is a waste, and to not pursue it. There is not any money in that field, and if I want to be able to support myself and my child, I need to be in a more lucritive field. Also, I would tell myself to enjoy not having to be responsible, and enjoy all aspects of college. Get to know other people that aren't like myself, I will learn a lot about other people, culture, and the world. Watch out for credit card companies, they lurk around colleges, and kids get into trouble easily.

Saraya

My school is a place that the teachers work with all students and try to get to know all their students.

Some one who should not attend this school is a person who does not like to be on time. Also a person who is not willing to work on a project in a nick of time.

chasity

It is very helpful when needed and most of the time you can get your problems resolved fast.

Logan

My school is a small steping stone near the bottom of a mountain.

My school is a small steping stone near the bottom of a mountain.

It will be important for you to manage time. Do not let distractions stop you from being productive. It is best to be productive every day and befor you know it you will recieve many benifits. Remember that it is important to ask questions and to always think critical. Do not be self-centered, do not judge anyone, and love all.

The most frustrating thing about my school is all the things that they force me to learn but do not interest me. I enjoy being able to learn what I want and knowing how I can apply it.

Ivy Tech Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.