Indianapolis, IN
Ivy Tech Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ivy Tech Community College

I love my school. I'm getting a great education for a good price since I use financial aid. The atmosphere makes me more comfortable with where I'm at and the help you receive is outstanding. They offer so many tutoring options and groups that help you interact with people and have a better college experience.

Shanajee

I gave the overall rating of the school a four. When I attended Ivy Tech Community College I feel like it was a great school. I wanted to go to Ivy Tech for a year and then Transfer into a four-year university. I feel that the school is great for students who don’t want to leave home right after high school but still want to attend college. I’m an out-of-state transfer student and 31 of my credits will go with me from Ivy Tech. Academically, the school is wonderful! They provided various resources to students especially if you are willing to communicate with your instructors. Even if you don’t have a great student/professor relationship the instructors are always telling the students ways to get access to tutors on campus. It’s a community college so there wasn’t much of a campus life as far as fraternities and sororities but they do have events that are specifically for the college. They often send out emails about these events if any student decides to participate. I can’t rate the campus food because I never had it. I had weekend classes and the café isn’t open on weekends. I would’ve given the school a five but, I had a hard time leaving Ivy Tech. I met with various advisors who didn’t know much about transferring out-of-state or to in state colleges. I had to work with advisors at another campus to figure what classes I needed to take to get accepted into a four-year university. Being fresh out of high school, I didn’t know about the transferring process. I had to figure it out myself because I was given a lot of wrong information from the advisors. Other than that the school is great, I never had any other problems as far as academics, being on campus, or with my professors.

Victoria

It's a great school

It's a great school

Candace
Very Inexpensive

This college is great if you want something on the small size and really inexpensive. The professors are great!

Very Inexpensive

Brennan

I cannot find one thing that I dislike about Ivy Tech. I attended Indiana University-Bloomington for three years so this is a complete change of pace for me. I have no complaints for my current school!

maryam

Ivy tech is a really great school with very good teachers and its also cheaper than IUPUI which is I am transferring there in future.

They are very helpful.

I really like science such as biology and chemistry and my major is going to be biology.

Nathan

Great school for basic classes, those with difficult schedule and families to care for, and for brand new students.

A variety of kids just our of high school, and adults furthering their careers or looking to get a better education.

Good as I can expect, I've never been anywhere else so this school will be my baseline. I love the teachers and small class sizes though.

Tamela

The advice that I would give my high school self, would be to not give up before starting the college experience. When I was in high school, I had the chance to enter the Groups Program at Indiana University, which is a program for first generation college bound students. I attended the weekend college visit at IU and realized that I was academically unprepared and too scared to enter the program. I didn’t talk to anyone about how I felt, nor did I reach out to my guidance counselor, who was the person that recommended me to the program. Had I not given into my insecurities and addressed my concerns to my guidance counselor or someone involved in the program, I would have had a different college experience and possibly, a different life. I later found out that I was more prepared for the rigors of the college experience than I realized. Also, I found out that the courses that I didn’t have, could have been rectified, by taking remedial courses. Remember to always tap into the resources available, such as advisors, student mentors, instructors, and even graduates, when faced with problems. Never let insecurities kill your opportunities!

The best thing about Ivy Tech is that it give students a good start in vocational pursuits. It offers certificates as well as degrees which is very good for most students. It also allows you to springboard into an university. Most of all, the cost is just right. You get good value in terms of cost compared to most schools.

The thing that is frustrating is that they eliminated all student services at the Lawrence campus on Saturday. Having the financial aid, bursar, and academic advising available at the Lawrence campus really helped students that work during the weekdays. If I need to do something adminstratively, I will have to go the North Meridian Campus, which is very hard to do because of traffic.

DELICIA

I really like my school. I think that it has been an excellent experience thus far and I am excited about completing my education here and obtaining my degree.

I don't really know of any stereotypes so this question isn't one that I can really answer. I know that in Indianapolis there are a couple of campuses and the one closer to downtown is in surrounded by an "unfavorable" neighborhood.

Ivy Tech Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.