Baltimore, MD
Johns Hopkins University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johns Hopkins University

Tyra

JHU has tremendous research opportunities for undergraduates, top-notch researchers and professors from all over the world, and great flexibility for students who want to study lots of different things. Hopkins of course is reputed for its phenomenal medial school, but it is also home to the #1 school of public health, ties with Harvard for its school of education, has a great International Studies program, and many other wonderful departments in engineering, humanities, and the social and natural sciences. Students study hard here (sometimes to excess) but for those who wish to get a great amount of learning out of their undergraduate career, Hopkins is a good fit. As a plus, the campus is well-sized and beautiful.

Abiodun

Although I am only in my first semester of freshman year, I can say with confidence that Johns Hopkins University is where I am meant to be. It's not always peaches and sunshine, but I think that's the beauty in the school. There are stressful times and there are fun times. An aspect of Hopkins I really cherish is the fact that all students are so passionate about various things, be it their major, their hometown, or our country's state of affairs. It breeds an environment of constant learning outside of the classroom about cultures, identities, and struggles of students, faculty, and staff. There are times when you feel like you're almost in a bubble of sorts, shielded from the outside world because of how secluded the campus is in the city of Baltimore, but there are plenty of ways to get off campus, most of these being free! I am thankful to attend such a great institution where I have already made life-long relationships and formed great habits for success in the future.

Jason

Johns Hopkins Carey School of business is a well structured, challenging and unique program. The majority of professors are knowledgeable and dedicated to their students; however, like any university, Johns Hopkins is guilty of employing professors who do little more than read PowerPoint slides. The curriculum provides a solid base for students with little or no academic or business experience. I recommend Johns Hopkins to potential MBA students.

Vincent

There are many things to love and many things to want to improve at the school, however, for me and everyone else at Johns Hopkins University, this is the perfect place to be. The community and the academics are so important and strong, even if you feel like there isn't a place for you on campus, other people who feel the same way or don't would find you and make you feel at home. There are so many clubs on campus because everyone is passionate about something, whether it comes to the arts, politics, comedy, or just inner-tubing, there is going to be someone else in the school that shares the same interest, leading to a formation of a club. The school has the resources and the confidence to let almost any appropriate club to exist because they understand that curiosity and fun are at the core of any academics. The majority of the community does not come from the Baltimore area, and many are not even from the United States, yet, everyone feels at home when they're here. While our school is sorely lacking because the sports teams, besides lacrosse, are in D3; high pressure academics; and complicated politics in the surrounding region; the school and the community of Baltimore County work together to make the school and the county a pleasant place to work, study, and play. If it comes to a cause that the community cares deeply about everyone will join together in spirit or in person to support a cause. If someone needs help with their homework or just needs an alternative explanation for a complex physics question, there is going to be someone right next door who can help or knows someone who can and is willing to help. So despite the lack of a Hollywood College experience, the academics and the ideology of the students bring us all together into a community of cooperation. It is true that academics are cut-throat and challenging, however, everyone is experiencing the same amount of pressure and the same amount of work. We work because the challenge and the work stimulates us. The lack of a COMMON CORE is liberating because it is just another example of how curiosity and fun are at the core of academics. We are all encouraged to break barriers and pursue our interests, not the interests of an admissions officer or a future boss. Those things come with time and will come from pure curiosity. While our school is far from perfect, and our mascot, the blue-jay, is creatively named Jay, we take pride in our academics and community. The opportunities are endless as long as we aim towards a goal that we set for ourselves, knowing that we will always have a nest waiting for us when we are in trouble or when we want to give back to the community that helped us reach that point.

Maddie

I have found a good niche at this school and have made it work to my needs. I think Hopkins has made an extreme effort to tailor itself to a variety of students. The administration does not always respond to its students needs in a timely or effective manner, but with the more recent student protests, the administration is giving students more power to affect campus policies. Students rely too heavily on Greek life to socialize, but with the newly enforced strict regulations on Greek life, it's slowly dying. Academics come first, but students either work collaboratively or alone. There is no peer sabotage when it comes to grades; kids are too busy and overworked to be cutthroat. Students are engaged with the community; the Hopkins administration is comparatively not.

Anne

I love everything about it. There isn't a school that I'd rather go to! Hopkins is a home away from home.

Jimmy

I'm a rising sophomore, and so far, it's been a blast!!! This is school has so many opportunites you'll be blown away. From surgical robots to a famous theatre actor teaching drama classes, you won't miss out on much. Double majors and switching majors is incredibly common here - if you come here, you don't have to make up your mind on what you want to do. I came in a Computer Engineer and had a lot of fun in my classes, but ultimately decided to switch into Public Health. Opportunities in Baltimore are numerous as well. Nowhere else can you participate in political protests in the city where the Freddie Gray incident happened, or where you can walk down Inner Harbor and enjoy the view of the bay. It's a wonderful city, and don't let the horror stories scare you away. As long as you exercise common sense (e.g. don't walk around in dark alleyways after sunset), you will be fine. The people here are some of the brightest and motivated people that you will meet. I've met friends that I consider family now here, and I've only been through freshman year :) You won't lack for things to do with your friends, not with the huge variety of cultural events and performance showcases every weekend. Like any university, it has its downsides. For one, grade deflation is real and the pressure to maintain a high GPA is very real. I've never felt like I'm competing against other students, but rather against an administration that doesn't listen to its students often, and against some of the hardest grading you'll see out there. It's easy to get lost in the library and study 24/7 and forget to do things like sleep, take a walk outside, and talk to your friends. And like most universities, mental health does not get the attention it deserves. The counseling center is great and I've used their services many times, and I highly recommend them, but it still feels like a stigma. But as long as you remember to take care of yourself, you will have an absolutely wonderful time here. And remember, no matter where you end up going, you get to decide what to make of your time. Whether you go to community college, your state university, or here at Hopkins, you have the power to make the most of it. Good luck on your apps!!!

Victoria
Great school

Love hopkins!

Great school

Love hopkins!

Alexa
JHop Rocks :)

Great School, better fit for me that i could even have imagined :)

JHop Rocks :)

Great School, better fit for me that i could even have imagined :)

Simone
Go Hop!

Not bad overall.

Go Hop!

Not bad overall.

Johns Hopkins University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.