Baltimore, MD
Johns Hopkins University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johns Hopkins University

The program was primarily online.

The program was primarily online.

Anyone that is willing to work hard and it passionate about what they are studying. One must have good work ethic and focus.

Dear Meg,As my young adult years unfold, I am still undecided what exact path I should follow, yet I have discovered the one aspect of life you cannot live without; RISK! To understand what I mean, you must consider the following quote, "With great risk comes great reward." In the years since graduating from high school, I have pushed myself to take tremendous risks that have frightened me to the point that I almost quit and crawled back inside my shell of comfort. However, through my perseverance and determination, I tackled the obstacles that accompanied those risks and have only felt more rewarded. I now have amazing relationships with people I would have never been friends with before and have been privy to experiences that have changed me for the better. Overall, I have become a stronger and more inspiring person and realize that in order to develop further I must continue to take risks in every aspect of my life. As a result, my advice to you, a younger version of myself, is to take large and small risks, day in and day out, in order to make yourself the best you that you can possibly be!

Darius

Apply to more scholarships. Apply to everything as early as possible. You can skip a few high school obligations in order to prepare more for your future.

Everyone here is a genious at something. Being around other smart people will encourage you to grow academically. Not only are these people insanely smart, but they also have healthy social lives.

The work is very difficult. But hey, college is supposed to be a challenge.

Breevahn

I would tell myself to get involved in all those clubs and extracurricular activies offered on campus! Learning in the classroom is one aspect of education but getting out there and getting your hands dirty is what really leads you to your path. I think about all the clubs that sounded really interesting that I didn't get involved in because I thought I didn't have time and was too focused on my studies. Looking back at it now, so many college graduates are lost in their paths and passions because they did not take the time to explore what their heart was calling them towards. Those experiences are what allow you to refine you passions. I would study what you love, not what you think will make money. Go out on those weekend trips with campus clubs because that is where you will meet people on the same wavelength of life as you and it will feed and stimulate a part of your intellect that a classroom cannot.

Claire

Students are very driven to succeed and will work as hard as necessary (which is very hard) to do so, often to the exclusion of social events or adequate sleep.

Dear Past Self: College is very, very different from high school - while you will have much more freedom to choose how to spend your time, you will feel the very real need to devote much of it to studying and learning material for classes. Prepare to study more than you ever have, and seriously use a planner - make a schedule and stick to it, and you'll find that you have plenty of time to get everything done (and get a good night's sleep!). Don't stress too much - four years passes in a flash, and it's better to take the time now to enjoy the little things than to regret afterwards not having done them! Love, Me

Professors are often uncompensated for time spent teaching, so it can be obvious that they would rather be in their research labs.

Victoria

Embodying excellence and integrity in a pursuit of perfection.

Embodying excellence and integrity in a pursuit of perfection.

If success is measured by the people you surround yourself with, I have been engrained into a society of "the best of the best". Unfortunately, all success comes at a price. To describe a Hopkin's student as competitive, or even cutthroat, is a gross understatement. Speaking in class is like walking through a firing squad, each locked and loaded, ready to capitalize on imperfections. Conversations turn into deliberations, casually thrusting sharp stabs at who is more dedicated. While frustrating, you must remain resilient and shift your perspective, as they will challenge you to grow, push, and prosper through adversity.

Keep calm and turn the cartoons on. If you have ever watched cartoons, there is always a hidden lesson to be learned. In Wile E. Coyote, we all know that the Road-Runner is never captured, but is that the main point? Well, obviously not or there would only be one episode! There is constant trial and error, but the one overlooked characteristic is the Coyote's determination. The Coyote faces countless obstacles and boundaries, but never gives up, complains, or gets held back in failure. Rather, he is positive and persistent. If he fails, he brushes himself off, returns to reading his little Acme book, and creates a new master plan. He possesses the greatest amount of drive and willpower. No matter how many times he is electrocuted, run over, set on fire, or pulled off a cliff, he remains resilient. My message for you is to be like Wile E. Coyote! Never surrender and even if you feel like doors are being slammed in your face, never lose hope! Lastly and most importantly, never sell yourself short because the future belongs to those who believe in the power of their dreams. Goodluck!

Channing

Johns Hopkins is a very rigorous school that requires a lot of time and effort but the education that I received as a result is worth it.

They are mostly very nice, people aren't nearly as cut-throat and competitive as I originally thought they would be which is a huge relief.

Honey, there is no need to stress yourself out. You are more qualified for these colleges than you give yourself credit for, you’ll see. College isn’t going to suddenly demand that you solve advanced physics problems or write 50 page long essays. You will have time to explore and grow and learn about yourself and interests gradually because the purpose of undergraduate college is to teach you how to learn about anything and everything. All you really have to do is allow the school to help you, engage in class and participate in clubs or sports whether they are passing interests or deep passions because you have the time and it will pay off in the long run, I promise. And when you feel homesick, just remember that your friends and family are always just a phone call away, ready to support and love you in any way they can because you are not alone and going away to college is never going to change that. Don’t worry, starting this new chapter in your life is going to be more rewarding and exciting than you can possibly imagine.

Carrie

They are very curious and intellectual.

They are very curious and intellectual.

The most important pieces of advice I could ever give myself, no matter what time in my life, are to be true to myself and to love myself. Appearance pride and reputation do not mean as much as I sometimes think they do. No matter which college I could have attended, I have to constantly remind myself that these two pieces of advice will allow for me to become a happier person. I sometimes forget who I am while I'm under peer pressure but the times I do remember, my life is much better and those around me are also affected positively as well. I must be true to myself and everything else can come after that because happiness is motivation and motivation leads to much greater things.

The competitive spirit to do well and succeed make for a tense environment at times

Jacklyn

I'm an only child who grew up in Brooklyn, Ny. As an only child growing up in a rough neighborhood I took always relied on my parents. I was cyber bullied before it became a popular term and I grew up scared with low selfesteem. I made a few mistakes but my first was listening to my mother when she claimed that the SAT's were nonsense . My dad is an EMT for FDNY who can barely pay the bills and put food on the table at the same time, and my mom is a housewife who can't seem to hold down a job. If I could speak to my high school self I would tell her to use her common sense and do the best that she can do. Stop skating along, you aren't going to be a teenager forever. You're going to work a retail job (which you're going to hate), struggle more than you have ever imagined to go to school, and only be able to afford community college. Please Jacklyn, your life is now and you are doing a disservice to yourself and your future.

Brooke

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to not be worried and just relax. Everything will end out working out and stressing out over it will just make you go crazy over the summer and for the beginning of the school year.

Johns Hopkins University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.