Baltimore, MD
Johns Hopkins University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johns Hopkins University

Channing

Johns Hopkins is a very rigorous school that requires a lot of time and effort but the education that I received as a result is worth it.

They are mostly very nice, people aren't nearly as cut-throat and competitive as I originally thought they would be which is a huge relief.

Honey, there is no need to stress yourself out. You are more qualified for these colleges than you give yourself credit for, you’ll see. College isn’t going to suddenly demand that you solve advanced physics problems or write 50 page long essays. You will have time to explore and grow and learn about yourself and interests gradually because the purpose of undergraduate college is to teach you how to learn about anything and everything. All you really have to do is allow the school to help you, engage in class and participate in clubs or sports whether they are passing interests or deep passions because you have the time and it will pay off in the long run, I promise. And when you feel homesick, just remember that your friends and family are always just a phone call away, ready to support and love you in any way they can because you are not alone and going away to college is never going to change that. Don’t worry, starting this new chapter in your life is going to be more rewarding and exciting than you can possibly imagine.

Carrie

They are very curious and intellectual.

They are very curious and intellectual.

The most important pieces of advice I could ever give myself, no matter what time in my life, are to be true to myself and to love myself. Appearance pride and reputation do not mean as much as I sometimes think they do. No matter which college I could have attended, I have to constantly remind myself that these two pieces of advice will allow for me to become a happier person. I sometimes forget who I am while I'm under peer pressure but the times I do remember, my life is much better and those around me are also affected positively as well. I must be true to myself and everything else can come after that because happiness is motivation and motivation leads to much greater things.

The competitive spirit to do well and succeed make for a tense environment at times

Jacklyn

I'm an only child who grew up in Brooklyn, Ny. As an only child growing up in a rough neighborhood I took always relied on my parents. I was cyber bullied before it became a popular term and I grew up scared with low selfesteem. I made a few mistakes but my first was listening to my mother when she claimed that the SAT's were nonsense . My dad is an EMT for FDNY who can barely pay the bills and put food on the table at the same time, and my mom is a housewife who can't seem to hold down a job. If I could speak to my high school self I would tell her to use her common sense and do the best that she can do. Stop skating along, you aren't going to be a teenager forever. You're going to work a retail job (which you're going to hate), struggle more than you have ever imagined to go to school, and only be able to afford community college. Please Jacklyn, your life is now and you are doing a disservice to yourself and your future.

Brooke

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to not be worried and just relax. Everything will end out working out and stressing out over it will just make you go crazy over the summer and for the beginning of the school year.

Catherine

As a high school student I would give the advice of do not take on too much. Having a plan is important to accomplish what you want in life but taking on too much can be a hindrance. Evaluate the priorities and don’t try to get everything done in one day. Everything will work out, concentrate on the here and now, keep the future in mind, but living in the present. Second don’t care what anyone else thinks about anything, as long as they are productive positive choices. Not caring what others think can be a struggle especially for a high school student. The thoughts people have in high school are not as important as what you think of yourself. The last set of advice I would give myself is to develop very successful study skills. There are more projects, papers and more in depth homework. It is vital to have good study habits in school. The best advice I would give any high school student is to create a well thought out, study plan and schedule and stick to it – no matter how hard it is. That will pay off in the end.

George

Someone who just wants to have a fun time in college and party everyday.

Back when I was a high school senior, my perception of college was this: If I get into one of the greatest colleges in the nation, I'm set. If I succeed just academically, everything would go downhill from there. But college is more than just textbooks and chalkboards. It's about the people, the environment, and the beliefs that the university holds that truely makes the college experience. I've explored many different colleges, and I can say that no two colleges are the same. Some schools are relaxed, some are in great places, some are extremely rigorous. Each college has its own sort of 'aura', and it's that, not just the education, that really shapes you. I'm in a lab more than I am at class because of the importance of research that my university holds. The international feel of my school also broadened my views the world. Putting a rank for a college used to be my standard to rate schools. But I now find that not accurate. College should just be an extension of who you already are. And the college you attend is a decision of who you want to become.

Alexandra

They are ambitious, intelligent, witty, funny individuals.

They are ambitious, intelligent, witty, funny individuals.

First of all, I would tell myself to not worry about picking a major. I would tell myself that it is fine to try out classes in different departments. I would tell myself to relax and to figure out what I liked most. Then, I would tell myself to make the most out of dorm life, that I should try to meet everyone on my floor and constantly keep my door open. I would tell myself that freshmen year is the best opportunity to make friends, and that I need to take advantage of that. Beyond that, I would tell myself to get involved on campus, to join clubs and student groups. However, I would also tell myself not to commit to too many extracurriculars. I would tell myself to form study groups and to study with my classmates on a weekly basis. I would tell myself that the school is one giant support-system, and that I should not worry about struggling in my classes because there are so many people there to help. I would tell myself to relax and to enjoy my college career.

I wish I had known that I would have the time to get more involved in my first semester here. I thought I had to wait to join clubs until second semester, but I could have gotten more involved in my first semester. I was so worried about getting good grades that I only made myself more stressed than I had to be. I wish I had known it was OK to relax.

Margot

Hopkins is a school where you can truly take advantage of every academic venue while still finding new outlets for fun, exploring and just meeting some of the most interesting people from everywhere.

My classmates are all extremely intelligent people who are willing to get together for group study, games, or even just relaxing and grabbing a coffe while discussing everything from physics to history to what's the best coffee in town.

FIrst of all, relax and don't worry. You've done everything to make yourself as appealing as possible to Brown, the school you've dreamt about since middle school. But, don't be surprised when life sends you a twist, one that ultimately proves to be hundreds of times better than what you expected. I won't say where you're going, but it was a longshot that you followed on a whim and have never regretted since. When you get to school, don't worry about making friends. Don't let your parents, especially mom, stress you out when you go dorm shopping (and heads up, you will cry after they drop you off for the first time). You'll meet so many people and feel lost, but after a bit, you'll meet great friends who are willing to watch Disney movies and sing along to Phantom of the Opera while eating oreos on a tiny dorm bed. You'll still love your home, your pets and your old friends, but this new phase of your life is amazing and believe that you'll never want to change a thing.

Matt

Johns Hopkins University is best known for its medical program and hospital. However, every major at the university features stellar faculty and opportunities to meet new, interesting people from all parts of the world. The school boasts success in everything from a world-class hospital to a triumphant lacrosse team to an unrivaled performing arts program.

The kind of person who can handle a 20+ credit workload per semester and is ready to put their nose to the grindstone from day one. The kind of person who asks themselves "what can I learn from this person?" when meeting someone new. The kind of person who welcomes unique opprotunities and isn't afraid to learn from his or her mistakes. The kind of person who doesn't mind living close to Baltimore City Detention Center - one of the most corrupt prisons in the U.S.

TAKE A YEAR OFF BEFORE GOING TO SCHOOL. Listen, buddy - you think it's gonna be easy? Moving across the country to go to school and living on your own is no cakewalk. Kiss your allowance and the roof mommy and daddy generously put over your head goodbye. Instead - I'm offering advice that is counterintuitive to what you will read anywhere else. Take a year off after high school. Work your brains off and out your ears senior year. Be sure what you want to study is going to be worth it and that you have a clearly defined plan for both fun and success. These are the greatest years of your life - spend them well and learn and enjoy everything that is going to come to you. Move to the city your university is in and work for a year or do an internship in the field you want to study. You can always defer your scholarship - but you can't get back the time spent taking uninteresting classes or goofing off at fraternity parties. Go to school once you get that burning sensation in your gut, letting you know you're heading in the right direction.

Johns Hopkins University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.