Huntingdon, PA
Juniata College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Juniata College

I graduated highschool one semester early due to having extra credits so I took the spring semester of 2006 off to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I decided that going to Mount Mary College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for fashion design would be a good idea. I soon found out that it was not right for me. I decided that I would have a very limited career path and most likely would not be very successful if I was planning on staying in Milwaukee. Then I decided I would go to UW-Oshkosh for business. Business is such a broad area of study I just picked something to pick it. I then decided Oshkosh was not the school for me, nor was the program. If I did not attend either of those schools I would not have discovered what I wanted to do. Some look at it as failing because I dropped out, however I look at it as trial and error. And I can proudly say "Hey, I tried that!" Now I finally know what I want to do with my life.

Benny

Out of my college experience I've gotten to meet now people and learn new things i thought i wouldn't think of knowing. College for me is a really cool place to be because it makes me feel like I will accomplish a lot. I think college to me is very valuable as, well as important, because without it I wouldn't have a good job or I would have a nice house to live on and watch my family grow.

Kinga

I believe attending college is vital in today's society, without a college education you cannot develop your skills fully. Although I go to a community college I believe there has been so much I encontered and learned already. Continuing my college education I feel there is so much more that I am going to attain. The material I know will stay with me forever. Knowledge that one may establish , no one may take that away from them. My parents always valued education and taught me that life without is very difficult. I consider myself very lucky to get the education I am getting. I value every moment I get to learn because I do realize many people do not have that oppurtunity to do so. I also want to do what makes me happy in the future and love what I do. Having a good career and being stable in today's society is very important. Thank you for giving me this oppurtunity to talk about what college means to me and my experience so far, and also for letting me further my education some more.

Asia

Juniata College is best known for it's amazing faculty and students. You won't meet better or more helpful people anywhere else inthe world, and I firmly believe that.

Juniata College has taught me who I am and has helped me realize who I want to be. My mind has been opened further than ever before and my goals become closer and closer everyday. College has introduced me to many new and amazing people who have helped me to see my true potential. Juniata has changed my life in so many amazing ways and it has changes my life forever.

The work load is definitely the most frustrating thing about Juniata, but that's what I wanted in a college, so I can't complain. While it can easily get out of hand, as long as you keep track of your time and work hard you won't have too much trouble.

Courtney

My college experience provided the greatest opportunity for self-growth. I realized my academic strengths, and most importantly found my true career passion in the human services. In addition, my friendship circles formed through the on-campus living experience served valuable life lessons and provided some of my most cherished memories. During my undergraduate education I took advantage of two study-abroad opportunities and studied in Europe for two summers. I've come to see how valuable these experiences were in cultivating cultural competence. I was afforded a unique experience to travel in Europe, an opportunity many people may never have. Each experience in college, whether studying for an important exam or traveling in Europe, gave me an opportunity to better myself and grow, both academically and personally. Without the exposure to the education and on-campus living experiences, I would not have the motivation to continue to graduate school, partly because the self-growth I experienced in college helped me define my career path and refine my personality. When I consider my undergraduate career, I will forever characterize it as my time of 'becoming'. Becoming a student, a friend, a social worker, but above all, becoming myself.

Juniata College provided not only a serene and beautiful campus landscape, the faculty also enhanced student's learning experience. Professors always made themselves available to students to answer questions.

I brag most about my accessibility to my professors. The small university setting made this possible. Professors and faculty knew who I was and my career goals.

Juniata provides a personal learning environment with a supportive student body & engaged faculty.

I have learned the value of teamwork through playing varsity football, and that you can actually be a SCHOLAR-athlete in college. My academic work comes first, then football, which is the beauty of Division 3 sports. The coach/team doesn't own me. I work hard on the field in season and off season, and I work harder in the classroom every day. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime--classmates, coaches, teammates and faculty alike. Juniata College's motto: Think, evolve, act, is carried out every single day on this campus. I know that when I graduate I will be well positioned to move onto the next stage of my life in the workforce. I do not believe I could have chose a better school for me, and I am blessed to be able to attend.

Because of my undergraduate experience at Juniata, I found my calling to government and education. Without the unique "program of emphasis" that allows students to design their own majors, I would not have been able to combine my love of these topics into a course of study that would lead to a job in analyzing and writing education policy. Now, I have an even larger desire to learn more, which is why I am pursuing my Masters of Education. Juniata instilled in me a sense of wonder and a desire to continue learning.

That my student loan bills would be pretty high, but if you've saved or receive a lot of financial aid, you will be fine.

Someone who is interesting in having a well-rounded liberal arts education.

Jeremie

The two years that i have been college have been rewarding. I got one on one assistance from tutors in the labs, I got smaller classes which means the teachers there actually got to know there students, and my GPA is a 3.55. Attending college is the best decison i think i made because i know in few years i will be using everything that i am being taught today. As of right now in the process of transferring to a university where i can finish my finish my degree and the counselors have been very helpful by telling me what i need to do and what scholarships i need to apply for. The teachers have made me feel like Albert Einstein because they persuade me to take honors classes which i am now doing and i must say i am passing all my test with ease. I love college and the knowledge thats its giving me and i feel like everybody needs to see what college can do for them as it has done for me.

Elura

Juniata is unique for many reasons. The campus does not harbor any greek life as in sororities or frats which is a definate perk for many students. who feel that such clubs segregate the college community. Juniata College also is very sustainable college in terms of environmentally friendly practices. In fact, recent renovations on one of the oldest buildings on campus enabled it to be completely sustainable and energy efficient.

My college experience has taught me about who I am as a person and what I want out of my life. I started out as a pre-veterinary medicine major when I entered my freshman year at Mansfield University. I then transferred to Juniata College for the biology program and overall setting of the school as compared to Mansfield University. After my first semester at Juniata, I decided that my dream of being a vet was not what i actually wanted anymore. My desicion to change majors was an internal struggle involving thoughts about my future and how I ultimately wanted to live my life. I changed my area of study to Zoology and now i believe I will be able to do what makes me happy. I want to travel and see the world while working on research and I knew a career as a vet with eight years of schooling was not going to allow me to live my dream. College has taught me to make choices based on criteria that I know for sure will make me a fulfilled member of society, and without the experience of further education my dreams might not have come true.

The worst thing about Juniata College would have to be winter maintenance durinf snowy weather. Recently, the area accumulated approximately 12 inches of snow fall and the paths for students to walk on were only plowed enough so that one's knees were not submerged, but the walkways were still fairly trecherous. The paths were unsalted and so ice was also a hasard; one student even broke his wrist while walking on the campus pathways.

Alexis

Since i've been in college, I have gained amore broad perspective on life in general. I have learned to think outside of the box, remembering that I am not the only person in my world. Growing up as a n African American, I've experienced many hardships including financial deficit and throughout the many trials, I've sometime become consumed by that present state but college took my mentality to a whole new level. It has taught me that it's not about where you are but where you are going; You don't have to be a product of your environment but you can take advantage of the many oppurtunities provided for you through education and higher education as a whole. Overall I have learned that it is all what you make it!

Juniata College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.