Huntingdon, PA
Juniata College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Juniata College

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Alexis

Since i've been in college, I have gained amore broad perspective on life in general. I have learned to think outside of the box, remembering that I am not the only person in my world. Growing up as a n African American, I've experienced many hardships including financial deficit and throughout the many trials, I've sometime become consumed by that present state but college took my mentality to a whole new level. It has taught me that it's not about where you are but where you are going; You don't have to be a product of your environment but you can take advantage of the many oppurtunities provided for you through education and higher education as a whole. Overall I have learned that it is all what you make it!

Most students study a lot during the week, but still have the ability to have fun on the weekends.

Enjoy the time that you have in high school. A lot of people say that you won't be able to keep your friends from high school and, in all honesty, you really won't. You'll keep in touch with the people that really matter. When you go to college, make sure you are open minded to the new experinces. You can be whoever you want to be. I know that in high school you can get locked into certain roles, like the "nerd" or the "jock, " but it really is not the same in college. Everyone starts off on an equal playing field and no one has any presumptions about you. Do things that you aren't comfortable doing and experince everything you can once you get to college. It'll be worth it in the long run. But, most of all, be who you are! Appreciate the fresh start and make the most of it. There aren't many oppurtunites in life that are like college.

The best thing about Juniata is the sense of community. There are so many clubs to join and activities to take part in, that it is almost impossible to not have a lot of different friends.

Larissa

I feel lucky in that most advice I have for my high school self are mostly minor tweaks, rather than major life changes. In terms of personal growth, it was absolutely necessary to do many of the things I did. I would suggest some changes, such as not taking a particular history class during my sophomore year (though the class was fun, it didn't lead anywhere). I would spend that time on another class, which I now wish that I had taken more seriously. I would also think twice about my involvement in various extracurricular activities. While it was beneficial to try my hand at various things , I occasionally went overboard. My participation in the tennis team during my sophomore year, while fun, did not provide nearly the social growth, physical fitness, or tennis skill development that I would have hoped. I would do without it, and invest more in other activities, and academic work. While I graduated with decent grades (mostly Bs, some As and Cs), my academic performance could have been better if I were a little more focused.

I think that the person best suited to Juniata is someone who is serious about their studies, but also has a sense of adventure, and appreciates an unusual sense of fun. Certain traditions, such as the Mr. Juniata pageant and the "storming of the arch" would appeal to those unusal senses of humor. Any serious students who need to be pushed would do well here. The science faculty in particular will be tough on their indroductory classes, to test them. Study abroad, community service, and service learning are all huge, which is good for those who need such things.

Anyone who is only attending college because his/her parents want him/her to go to college should not go. While Juniata does appreciate the unusual and fun, classes themselves are taught by faculty and taken by students who really want to be in school. While classes always have some who need one more class, the students know that overall , college is where they want to be, students who do not want to be in school at all will struggle and fail. Those who have a hard time being away from home will also struggle, and shouldn't come.

Caitlin

Juniata College is a small private co-educational foundation focused on preparing students for the opportunities that await each and every one of us.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the most important thing that I would tell myself was make sure that wherever you decide to attend college, you would be happy going there. This, for me, is the biggest piece of advice that I could ever give myself because life is all about being happy; isn't that the ultimate goal that everyone is trying to reach, just to find eternal happiness? I believe that as long as your happy with your choice and where your at, the transition and college life will come easy, and will just fall into place.

The most frustrating aspect about my school is its location. Since it is located in rural Huntingdon, Pennsylvania there is not very much to do on weekends, and consequently much of the campus parties. As a result of the partying not many activities are brought in on the weekends, because the administration knows that students are less than likely to attend. I attribute these negative aspects to the location because I feel that if the school was more urban, or even suburban, then these other problems would not exist in the same aspect.

Best known for academic excellence.

Best known for academic excellence.

I would tell myself to just be myself. Make new friends, meet new people, and continue to study hard. Everything will work out as long as you stay true to yourself.

Nothing, everything was clearly presented beforehand.

Cole

My classmates are very friendly, my classes are small, and the small classes allowes everyone to get to know one another.

I am attending Juniata College, a small private liberal arts school that is located in the small town of Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.

After attending college for one semester one aspect that caught me off guard. The amount of reading that is needed in college is unbelievable and sometime can feel impossible. High school has some reading that needs to be done, but that does not even compare to the reading in college. If I could go back in time, I would give myself the advice of reading over the summer before college starts. You can not just slide through college, you must be able to work hard. Some other advice would be to get to know as many people as possible during your summer orientation. Nothing is better than getting to know your future classmates. Having people that you can get along with before you even start college can help make the transition into college much smoother.

David

A small community of enthusiastic people with the common factor of being highly motivated to succeed in a given field.

Harbor no fear. Dont' fear smoking or drinking, but don't fear looking like a loser while abstaining. Don't fear or dwell on whether or not you're going to get laid, and don't be afraid to turn a girl down if you don't care about her or care too much. Don't fear the sense of swagger that comes with waking up in a girl's bed, covered in hickeys, and don't fear the solitude of waking up alone. Don't be afraid to pursue a passion, and don't be afraid to remain content. Don't fear; it'll make your dick soft and it'll shut you up when you should be screaming at the top of your lungs. Most importantly don't be afraid because you don't know a single goddamn thing, because that's just the first step.

There seems to be a marked lack of socio-economic as well as racial diversity. Other than that I haven't found anything particularly frustrating.

Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn, There is a big world out there waiting for you to make a move. At this point, I know your thinking about just surviving until graduation and choosing the school that you will be at for the next 4 years. I've been there, I've seen what future your choices hold. It is unimaginable. You will learn so much more in the first year and a half at Juniata than you ever thought possible. Not all of this is through success, and most of you learning will come from when you fail. You will fail, not necessarily in the academic sense, like you won't get F's so just chill out, but you will face obstacles and not always rise to the occasion. You will disappoint people, and yourself once or twice. However, you need to remember that you will gain wisdom. You will learn to care less about the opinions of others, you will see how important it is to follow you dreams, and you will finally understand that you are worth the work and the pain. Failure is neccessary for success and remember God and your parents are always on your side. Integritas & Agape.

When I was applying for college, I really never had a specific campus that I wanted to enroll in. Honestly, I never gave college much thought during high school. I just assumed an undergraduate program was the next step. I did not dream of a certain campus, but I knew that I would feel it when I found the right one. Juniata was exactly that. The campus is small, 1400 students, but it is warm and friendly. It feels like home. Also it's very academically driven. You will work your hardest here and become the best "you" possible.

The worst aspect of Juniata is probably it's focus on the Sciences. I really do feel like it pushes Pre-Med and other Health Occupations a lot. Granted, it is one of the top undergraduate schools for Health Occupations, and has a 99% placement for it's students. I feel like many other majors are swept under the rug, when it is challengeing for every major at Juniata. Other majors are viewed as low challenge fields. I speak from experience as I was a Pre-Med student up until last semester. Juniata needs to broaden it's appeal.

Juniata College has a remarkably inviting and friendly community feel to it. I've never been so instantaneously comfortable in a new place as I have been here. There is also a "POE" (Program of Emphasis) program rather than majors which allows students great flexibility in their studies. There are no graduate students at Juniata so all research is done by undergraduates, making it easy for undergraduates to participate in and design their own projects.

My advice is to choose a college that you think will give you or your child the best possible experience. There are many schools that are well known that people assume to be the best but this is simply not true. While an Ivy League university may very well give you or your child a good education they will most likely not provide the best possible experience. College is a time for study, it's true. A time to prepare for one's upcoming life in the world. But college is also a time to explore oneself, to enjoy one's time in a new place and seek out exactly who they are. I applied and was accepted to an Ivy League institution but I chose Juniata College because of the community. The administration is wonderful, the education is excellent, and most of all I'm comfortable there. I feel like this college will easily become a major part of my life not only because of the opportunities it will provide for me but for the wonderful memories I will have of my time on campus

The community. Juniata is welcoming and friendly with an open-minded student body. There is about a 50/50 mix of politically conservative and liberal students that live cohesively. Also, students are welcome to participate in parties but there is no pressure to do so if one doesn't wish to. Alcohol is fairly common on campus, but again there is no pressure to participate. No one will judge or think any less of you if you don't drink or go to parties. Students balance their studies and social lives very well at Juniata.

James

Juniata is a small college, with little to do, and very little diversity.

Juniata is a small college, with little to do, and very little diversity.

Most of Juniatas students are weird, or nerdy.

Just choose a place that you'll have the most fun, it's suppose to be the best years of your life don't be miserable for it.

Juniata College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.