Huntingdon, PA
Juniata College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Juniata College

Juniata provides a personal learning environment with a supportive student body & engaged faculty.

I have learned the value of teamwork through playing varsity football, and that you can actually be a SCHOLAR-athlete in college. My academic work comes first, then football, which is the beauty of Division 3 sports. The coach/team doesn't own me. I work hard on the field in season and off season, and I work harder in the classroom every day. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime--classmates, coaches, teammates and faculty alike. Juniata College's motto: Think, evolve, act, is carried out every single day on this campus. I know that when I graduate I will be well positioned to move onto the next stage of my life in the workforce. I do not believe I could have chose a better school for me, and I am blessed to be able to attend.

Because of my undergraduate experience at Juniata, I found my calling to government and education. Without the unique "program of emphasis" that allows students to design their own majors, I would not have been able to combine my love of these topics into a course of study that would lead to a job in analyzing and writing education policy. Now, I have an even larger desire to learn more, which is why I am pursuing my Masters of Education. Juniata instilled in me a sense of wonder and a desire to continue learning.

That my student loan bills would be pretty high, but if you've saved or receive a lot of financial aid, you will be fine.

Someone who is interesting in having a well-rounded liberal arts education.

Jeremie

The two years that i have been college have been rewarding. I got one on one assistance from tutors in the labs, I got smaller classes which means the teachers there actually got to know there students, and my GPA is a 3.55. Attending college is the best decison i think i made because i know in few years i will be using everything that i am being taught today. As of right now in the process of transferring to a university where i can finish my finish my degree and the counselors have been very helpful by telling me what i need to do and what scholarships i need to apply for. The teachers have made me feel like Albert Einstein because they persuade me to take honors classes which i am now doing and i must say i am passing all my test with ease. I love college and the knowledge thats its giving me and i feel like everybody needs to see what college can do for them as it has done for me.

Elura

Juniata is unique for many reasons. The campus does not harbor any greek life as in sororities or frats which is a definate perk for many students. who feel that such clubs segregate the college community. Juniata College also is very sustainable college in terms of environmentally friendly practices. In fact, recent renovations on one of the oldest buildings on campus enabled it to be completely sustainable and energy efficient.

My college experience has taught me about who I am as a person and what I want out of my life. I started out as a pre-veterinary medicine major when I entered my freshman year at Mansfield University. I then transferred to Juniata College for the biology program and overall setting of the school as compared to Mansfield University. After my first semester at Juniata, I decided that my dream of being a vet was not what i actually wanted anymore. My desicion to change majors was an internal struggle involving thoughts about my future and how I ultimately wanted to live my life. I changed my area of study to Zoology and now i believe I will be able to do what makes me happy. I want to travel and see the world while working on research and I knew a career as a vet with eight years of schooling was not going to allow me to live my dream. College has taught me to make choices based on criteria that I know for sure will make me a fulfilled member of society, and without the experience of further education my dreams might not have come true.

The worst thing about Juniata College would have to be winter maintenance durinf snowy weather. Recently, the area accumulated approximately 12 inches of snow fall and the paths for students to walk on were only plowed enough so that one's knees were not submerged, but the walkways were still fairly trecherous. The paths were unsalted and so ice was also a hasard; one student even broke his wrist while walking on the campus pathways.

Alexis

Since i've been in college, I have gained amore broad perspective on life in general. I have learned to think outside of the box, remembering that I am not the only person in my world. Growing up as a n African American, I've experienced many hardships including financial deficit and throughout the many trials, I've sometime become consumed by that present state but college took my mentality to a whole new level. It has taught me that it's not about where you are but where you are going; You don't have to be a product of your environment but you can take advantage of the many oppurtunities provided for you through education and higher education as a whole. Overall I have learned that it is all what you make it!

Most students study a lot during the week, but still have the ability to have fun on the weekends.

Enjoy the time that you have in high school. A lot of people say that you won't be able to keep your friends from high school and, in all honesty, you really won't. You'll keep in touch with the people that really matter. When you go to college, make sure you are open minded to the new experinces. You can be whoever you want to be. I know that in high school you can get locked into certain roles, like the "nerd" or the "jock, " but it really is not the same in college. Everyone starts off on an equal playing field and no one has any presumptions about you. Do things that you aren't comfortable doing and experince everything you can once you get to college. It'll be worth it in the long run. But, most of all, be who you are! Appreciate the fresh start and make the most of it. There aren't many oppurtunites in life that are like college.

The best thing about Juniata is the sense of community. There are so many clubs to join and activities to take part in, that it is almost impossible to not have a lot of different friends.

Larissa

I feel lucky in that most advice I have for my high school self are mostly minor tweaks, rather than major life changes. In terms of personal growth, it was absolutely necessary to do many of the things I did. I would suggest some changes, such as not taking a particular history class during my sophomore year (though the class was fun, it didn't lead anywhere). I would spend that time on another class, which I now wish that I had taken more seriously. I would also think twice about my involvement in various extracurricular activities. While it was beneficial to try my hand at various things , I occasionally went overboard. My participation in the tennis team during my sophomore year, while fun, did not provide nearly the social growth, physical fitness, or tennis skill development that I would have hoped. I would do without it, and invest more in other activities, and academic work. While I graduated with decent grades (mostly Bs, some As and Cs), my academic performance could have been better if I were a little more focused.

I think that the person best suited to Juniata is someone who is serious about their studies, but also has a sense of adventure, and appreciates an unusual sense of fun. Certain traditions, such as the Mr. Juniata pageant and the "storming of the arch" would appeal to those unusal senses of humor. Any serious students who need to be pushed would do well here. The science faculty in particular will be tough on their indroductory classes, to test them. Study abroad, community service, and service learning are all huge, which is good for those who need such things.

Anyone who is only attending college because his/her parents want him/her to go to college should not go. While Juniata does appreciate the unusual and fun, classes themselves are taught by faculty and taken by students who really want to be in school. While classes always have some who need one more class, the students know that overall , college is where they want to be, students who do not want to be in school at all will struggle and fail. Those who have a hard time being away from home will also struggle, and shouldn't come.

Caitlin

Juniata College is a small private co-educational foundation focused on preparing students for the opportunities that await each and every one of us.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the most important thing that I would tell myself was make sure that wherever you decide to attend college, you would be happy going there. This, for me, is the biggest piece of advice that I could ever give myself because life is all about being happy; isn't that the ultimate goal that everyone is trying to reach, just to find eternal happiness? I believe that as long as your happy with your choice and where your at, the transition and college life will come easy, and will just fall into place.

The most frustrating aspect about my school is its location. Since it is located in rural Huntingdon, Pennsylvania there is not very much to do on weekends, and consequently much of the campus parties. As a result of the partying not many activities are brought in on the weekends, because the administration knows that students are less than likely to attend. I attribute these negative aspects to the location because I feel that if the school was more urban, or even suburban, then these other problems would not exist in the same aspect.

Best known for academic excellence.

Best known for academic excellence.

I would tell myself to just be myself. Make new friends, meet new people, and continue to study hard. Everything will work out as long as you stay true to yourself.

Nothing, everything was clearly presented beforehand.

Cole

I am attending Juniata College, a small private liberal arts school that is located in the small town of Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.

My classmates are very friendly, my classes are small, and the small classes allowes everyone to get to know one another.

After attending college for one semester one aspect that caught me off guard. The amount of reading that is needed in college is unbelievable and sometime can feel impossible. High school has some reading that needs to be done, but that does not even compare to the reading in college. If I could go back in time, I would give myself the advice of reading over the summer before college starts. You can not just slide through college, you must be able to work hard. Some other advice would be to get to know as many people as possible during your summer orientation. Nothing is better than getting to know your future classmates. Having people that you can get along with before you even start college can help make the transition into college much smoother.

Juniata College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.