Wilkes-Barre, PA
King's College-Wilkes-Barre

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend King's College-Wilkes-Barre

Kimberly

King's College London is an amazing school in the heart of one of the most international cities of the world. Going to a university abroad for a Masters degree is quite a learning experience and I'm cherishing every moment of it.

daniel

High-school is supposed to prepare you for college. High-school does an adequate job at preparing high-school students to transition and succeed in college. However, there are things that, in high school, that they don’t prepare you. These things that they don’t teach you are the things I would go back in time if I could and tell my past self about. The things high school doesn’t tell you how much information will be thrown at you and how much of it you are supposed to translate and make the right decision for your future. Therefore, my advice would to my high school self would be to study and absorb any and all information I could about the college and the major. With more information I feel like I would have felt more confident and certain about my choices. College itsel is frightening and a massive ordeal, add on to that the possibility of making a wrong choice and the weight on ones shoulders becomes extremely greater. If I went back and told my past self to learn everything about the college and major, a huge ammount of that pressure would've been lifted.

Theworst thing about my college is noone from my high-school is going there or anyone I know personally. This is the worst because now not only do I have to go through the huge and hard changes from a high-school student to a college student but now I need to go through the awkard and troublesome task of meeting and making new friends. Both are hard enough on themselves but put together adds to the difficulty. Also college is expensive.

A person that is dedicated to hard work and enjoys traffic. The person must enjoy hard work because kings college has a high rate of getting a job or going to grad school after, therefore the students have to work hard to prepare themselves for a job or they wouldnt have received the job. The person must also enjoy traffic becasue the college is located in a busy city, but that could be just my perspective because im from a small town. The person must also like sports because King's has plenty of sports.

Ngoc

Graduating from high school and transiting into a college lifestlye is a big step in life. There are many changes involved in this process. There are more tolerance in high school compared to college. In high school it is okay to procastinate; no punishment is involved. College on the other hand is completely opposite. Grades will automatically dropped without any questions asked. It is important to learn how to obey and obtain information given by teachers/professors. One failed test can harm the whole entire semester grade since some courses are graded off of 3 assignments/tests. Thus, it is very difficult to bring the grade back up. There are also many more distractions such as parities in college. Thus, it is important to learn how to stay focus with school work. There are parties everywhere around campus almost every weekends. This could be very distracting because it involved alcohol assumption and other bad influences. Alcohol has the ability to alter the ways the brain functions which has the result of lower grades. Also, partying can be fun at times and carry students away and forget to complete an assignment or even attend class.

People who are interactive to others should attend King's College because this institution is very small in size and everyone on campus are friendly and active. If quiet and closed-mind kind of person attend this school will feel left out if he or she is not enagaed in interacting with others.

People who like to live in big community should not attend King's College. King's Colege is a small school with about 3000 students. Therefore, it has a closed community relationship. Almost everyone knows each other around campus regardless of grade level.

Maria

King's College is best known for small class sizes so that students receive personalized attention.

If I could give myself advice when I was a high school senior, I would have told myself to visit all of the colleges that I applied to so that I was sure that I knew where I wanted to go.

The most frusterating thing about my school is that the smoking policy is never enforced and students are forced to be around second-hand smoke, even if they don't want to be.

Alyssa

King's College is best known for our AACSB accredited McGowan School of Business and our Physicians Assistant Programs!

If I could go back and talk to myself during my senior year of high school, I would have some important things to say. I'd start by saying, Mom and Dad are always the best givers of advice, especially Dad. Don't go ahead and get a job in the very beginning of your college career. Like Dad says, you have your whole life ahead of you to work. It's TRUE. When and if you get a job, make sure you keep all of your paystubs! That's so important to remember; learned that lesson the hard way. If you have the opportunity, take some AP classes; they give you a good idea of how hard you're going to need to work and what college is like. I know you might not believe it, but you're going to be just fine in college. You were given all of the tools you need to succeed in college and they're right in your back pocket, you can thank Mom for that!

The only really bad thing about King's College is the lack of parking and the cost of parking! As a commuter, I found it exremely difficult to find a place to park in the early morning hours of classes when everyone wants to get there and park in one lot. Our lots are also a distance away from the center of campus, so it's a little bit of a walk when your backpack weighs half as much as you! I pay a lot of money to go to school, I shouldn't have to pay for parking!

Katherine

The classmatea at King's college are so friendly and diverse which makes the campus feel like a community, like a family.

There are so many things I would tell my high school self if I had the chance to go back. I am currently an undecided major and I am still not completely sure what I want to major in. One thing I would tell my high school self is to take some college courses at the local community college to try to expand my knowledge of my likes and dislikes. This would help save money to find what I like and also get some credits completed before I enrolled in college. Another thing I would tell my high school self is to work more during high school. If I got a job earlier in my high school career, I would have had more money saved up for book expenses and not as many loans taken out. It would have helped me in the long run. One last thing I would tell myself is to enjoy high school while it lasts because I miss all of my old teachers and class mates. College is more work but it is not that bad, just keep up the work! Those are some of the things I would tell my high school self.

Anyone can attend this school because of how open and diverse this school is; even the most shy person would find people that could become lifelong friends.

ryan

A student with good values and morals, someone who wants to help others. Someone who wants a small school where students and falculty all know each other.

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself about college life and making transitions, I would tell myself that I need to keep up the good work because things are only going to get harder in life before they get somewhat easier and if you want something in life you need to go out and work extra hard to achieve it because everything is possible if you know what you want and you strive to succeed.

Christopher

Apply for as many scholarships as you can! There is money out there waiting to be claimed by seniors just like you across the globe. Also, get in close early with the Career Planning office when you get to campus, college is the time to grow up and be a man. Mom and dad can't hold your hand like before. Focus on trying to land internships and build your resume, and start to save your money periodically. It's never too early to start saving and investing in your future!

The weather, it seems like it rains 4-5 days out of the week.

Erin

King's College offers variety of programs, and the classes are a good size so professors are willing to help a student on an individual basis. They professors want to see their students succeed and they actually know you by name.

If I could go back in time, there would only be one thing that I would tell myself; to "stay ahead of your work!" While I took a few advanced placement courses in high school, they were nothing compared to the workload of 5 or 6 college courses, and getting on top of my work was a challenge at first. Other than this, I adjusted to college life very well; I was ready to start learning about things that I loved and to meet new people. It was surprising how well I adjusted because I went to a school in a different state, where I didn't know a single person, except my roommate who I had only talked to briefly. Everyone there was so nice and they were genuinely interested in my success, especially my professors, which gave me all the confidence I needed in order to do well. Attending King's College has been the best decision of my life, and I can't wait to see what's in store for my senior year.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the housing; I believe that there should be more of a variety, or at least more options. We just built a new indoor athletic facility, but I believe that housing would've been a better idea. The school also says you can apply to be in apartment style housing your sophomore year, but it's nearly impossible because it is based on the amount of credits you've taken.

King's College-Wilkes-Barre administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.