Wilkes-Barre, PA
King's College-Wilkes-Barre

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend King's College-Wilkes-Barre

Kristine

Throughout my time at King's College I believe that I have recieved the best education available. King's offers an exceptional curriculum in all available majors. I have not only learned a great deal of skills related to my major, I have also been given the opportunity to develop my life skills. Without King's, I would not have been able to accomplish this in the extenct that I have. I believe that I will be more than prepared to enter my career upon graduation. King's has helped me develop the skills I will need in order to complete any task that is handed to me. Choosing King's College was not only one of the biggest decisions I have made, but one of the best decisions that I have made. It is because of King's that I will be ready and prepared to enter the workforce and the world ready for anything that comes my way.

I think the worst thing about the school is the lack of parking ot be totally honest. There are parking lots for students but student's must pay everytime they enter the lot. Although the charge is only a dollar, spare change adds up to a decent amount come the end of the year.

I would say the most frustrating thing about my school is that sometimes things take a little longer than expected to process. Things such as financial aid and grades.

Brooke

College has always been the only answer for my future imposed upon my by my parents, teaches, any everyone. Yet as a senior in high school I still had no clue what I wanted to be. It was easy attending college, that was expected of me. However, in attending college I learned to have my own expectations in life and in myself. College is often seen as a fun time in which young adults finally get to have the privilage of freedom and less responsibilities. I have learned that to be successful in college you have to value your responsibilities more than your privileges - it is even a privilege to have responsibilities! For example, an 8am class was challenging to attend four days a week for two semesters. Quite often many of my peers decided to skip, but now I have the privilege of still being in my major because of my personal responsibility. I do not expect to retain all of the information that I will have to cram into my brain for exams but I do expect to receive a degree at the end of my four years, which will finally give value to my hard work.

Since classes are small, along with the campus, it is easy to develop a routine that does not vary too often. Classes are still challenging yet it is easy to get bored at such a small college. However, I have learned to benefit from this because the lack of distractions keep me more focused on my studies. Students who attend this King's college must be willing to be active in school/area functions because there is not much to do unless you are self driven.

Students planning on attending King's college should be prepared to attend class regulary as there is an attendance policy. Classes consist of approximately 30 students or less and therefore the students get to interact with their professors on a daily basis. The cirriculum aims to create well rounded students, no matter which major, and a successful student has to be a person who is eager to learn, responsible, and has or will develop time management skills.

Evelyn

Small, friendly, community service oriented, fun

Small, friendly, community service oriented, fun

Lots of community service opportunities! It really enriched me as a person and made me realize that I wanted to help people for the rest of my life. It allowed me to to meet new people and form lasting friendships!

Expanding quickly. Not enough room in dorms to accomodate new students.

Robert

I have learned to be more independent and responsible from attending King's and living in a College Dorm. I am still in the process of learning what is required from me in order to achieve my goals. I feel that attending College is very goal orientated and the process begins anew each day with every new challange that comes my way. Attending College and living on campus has changed who I am. The change has made me see life-situations and acheiving goals in a whole new way. I now value my Education like I never valued it before. I looked foward to learning everyday and not just in the Classroom but in the entire College Exerience which changes everyday.

A person who is decided on a major and his or her choice of their career once they hit the job market because after you leave King's -you are prepared for the next step.

Meghan

To describe the student body at King?s College, they are extremely nice and fun loving people.

I have been at King?s College for about 5 months and so far my experience here has been incredible. I have grown so much from living on my own. I have become very independent and my grades have greatly improved. I think this has been a very valuable experience because without it I would probably still be relying on others.

One thing I wish I had known before decided to come to King's College is, how expensive it is to live here. After graduation I will owe close to a six figure amount of money. This amount is unacceptable in the eyes of my parents who have co signed on all of my loans. They still have three other children who will be reaching college age in the next 4 years. They cannot risk the chance of having bad credit should something go wrong in my career field.

Jenna

My school has a wondeful campus life, intelligent and challenging teachers, and makes for a well rounded college experience.

I think that this school stands out as a top liberal arts school. When you visit here staff and students are very considerate of making you feel like this is the place for you.

It is so hard to put down in words what I have gotten out of my college experience. This school has an excellent staff. I know that I could go to anyone in the communications department if I needed help with anything. You make friends that become more like family and you know that you always have someone that is there for you whether it be for school work or just to talk. I am so glad that I decided to come to this school it's small size is so helpful for work ethic and getting the kind of support you need from professors and students. I have gotten everything I could have possibly wished for in a college experience from King's College and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Adrianna

small private catholic college located in the city of wilkes barre pennsylvania that was ranked one of the top colleges in the U.S. by business week and has an excellent accelrated phsyician's assitant and a business program that was accreditted by AACSB.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior i would tell myself to apply for any financial aid as early as possible and to make sure i picked up a habit for studying. I never had to study in highschool. I made honor roll every year without ever having to re-read my notes or make flash cards. However, when i got to college i realized i wasnt able to excell in my classes with out studying. The problem was i didnt know how. Since i had gone through highschool without studying when the time came for me to study in college it became difficult and i didnt know how to focus on retaining the material i needed. It wouldve been smart for me to practice good studying techniques in highschool that way i could be prepared for college. Another thing i would do different is applly for financial aid. there are lot of websites and company's that offer scholarship money and its better to take advantgage of them before you get into school that way any possible essays you may have to write aren't conflicting with your actual school work.

Its located in a city so there are lots of places to eat if you dont want to eat at the school. We have a lot of teen clubs close by if your're looking for a place to go out with friends. They have newly renevated apartments that are suite style.

Allison

Professors truly care about the students. Any one of them will open their office for reasons beyond pure academic issues. The smaller campus size allows you to be familiar with your classmates and feel comfortable walking around campus.

If I could travel back in time four years, I would come face to face with a girl completely unprepared for life after high school. I would tell her to visit campus multiple times before starting college. I'd also tell her to talk to her high school guidance couselor and try to determine what areas her strengths and weaknesses exist in, and to do whatever she can to determine what she would like to major in. In case that didn't work out, I'd advise her to seek the help of campus advisement, so as to not change majors quite so many times. I would let this naive girl know how easy it is to get caught up in the flexibility of college schedules, and urge her to stay focused on her studies and not miss classes. I'd tell her how great the clubs and service opportunities are and suggest she get involved with them right from the start of freshman year, rather than wait til her sophomore or junior years. Finally, I'd tell her to enjoy every second of college before it goes by way too fast.

Anyone who wants personal attention in small classrooms, who wants to belong to a campus which feels more like a small community, and who is looking for personal growth through clubs, organizations and other activities.

My college is a new experience that challenges me everyday academically and also socially in many ways.

My college is best known for their high academic performance. We are a smaller school which allows for more one on one time with each student. All the professors know you by name within a couple of classes; I am more than a face in a crowd.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a senior, I would have a lot of things to tell myself. The first thing I would tell myself is to really focus on my schoolwork. While I did well in high school, there is always room for improvement. I would tell myself to start looking at more scholarships while I was still in high school. I was not as concerned about that as I should have been then. Scholarships make my education more affordable and less of a burden on myself and my family. I would also tell myself to have fun with my friends and family before I left. I miss them now that we are so far apart and I wish that I had spent more time with them before I left. Also I would tell myself to pick up more hours at work so that I would have more spending money and more money to put towards my tuition. Going back to talk some sense into myself would be helpful, but it is too late now. I have learned from my mistakes and I will do better next year.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to my high school senior self I would tell myself to prepare for all of the debt that was coming. I would strongly recommend that I work harder in my last high school year and get that 3.9 gpa instead of the 3.8. I would also tell myself not to wait until summer to find a job, but to get used to going to school and having a job at the same time. I would advise myself to learn how to study rather than relying on the natural ability to simply understand high school content. Also, in order to adjust to the transition between high school and college I would advise myself to go the extra mile with all of the work I needed to complete because college expects much more effort than high school seems to expect. I would also advise the I suck up my pride and get a tutor when I start to struggle with classes. Most of all I would recommend that I learn how to procrastinate a little bit less to save myself the time it takes to cram.

The worst part of my school would have to be the party scene because it hinders performance. When the weekend starts on a Thursday night and drunken people are walking by the dormatories at all hours of the night yelling and screaming it tends to make it difficult to fall asleep. For a catholic college the behavior of people does not seem to fit the outlook of the school and in turn reflects badly upon the college.

A person who is not dedicated and driven to succeed should not attend King's College because the college holds high expectations of its students. The people who enroll at this school are expected to maintain a 2.5 gpa and attend all of their classes. A person who cannot wake themself up in the morning or be motivated to do their homework and study should not attend because they would simply be wasting their money.

King's College-Wilkes-Barre administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.