Philadelphia, PA
La Salle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Salle University

Phil

LaSalle in my opinion is great. Biggest flaws being : its near a rough area so safety at night is a concern, some of the dorms are older buildings, and it lacks in a few other things as well. It makes up for it however with excellent teachers, and very good academics. The campus itself is safe, and most people that I know that attended are quality people. (Even people who graduated in a different year or even decade.) I think the common traits of quality people and strong academics make it a very strong school and it definitely had a positive impact for me, despite its imperfections.

Nina

I'll be attending La Salle in fall 2016 as a social work major. I had a great visit! The area to the west is run-down, but it's NOT "very dangerous. It's a city, if you have a common sense you'll be fine. The students and locals are extremely friendly and helpful. My tour guide was amazing. The campus was so charming!

CAITLYN

If I could go back in time, I could imagine giving myself 5 points of advice: 1. Do not put all of your attention into your boyfriend. Focus on making new friendships, because in the long run that is what will become most important. 2. Don't skip classes! No matter how tempting it may be to skip classes, DON'T! It is not worth losing points and especially not worth losing money. You're paying for your education, not the extra hour of sleep. 3. Join as many clubs as possible. The easiest way to make those everlasting college friends is to find people with the same interests as you. No matter how dorky the club may sound, if it interests you, join it! 4. Do not feel defeated if you have to change your major. You're only 18 years old, how are you supposed to know what you want to do for the rest of your life. 5. And finally, DO NOT buy Netflix. It is too much of a distraction. If I could go back and tell myself these 5 simple facts, I'm certain that my first year of college would have gone much smoother.

Someone who is looking for a school with small class sizes and one on one attention should attend La Salle University. Most people know one another around campus and it is very greek-life centered. If you are interested in joining a sorority it would be a perfect fit for you. Its an average size campus located not too far from the city.

Someone who is looking for a school with giant lecture halls should definitely not attend La Salle. If you are looking for a giant campus with over 100 different clubs, then La Salle is not the school for you. If you are looking for a school in a suburban community, then La Salle is also no the school for you.

Markietra

I believe my school is best known for the men's basketball team, and their nursing program. The nursing program has over 1000 undergraduate students, one of them being myself.

If I could talk to my past high school senior self, I would have so many things to tell myself to prepare for. The conversation would probably go something like this: 1. Getting an education is important to us, and without any scholarships, we probably would not be able to achieve the full education that we want. Scholarships are not a joke, and should not be put on hold, or you may end up filling them out all through your college life, like you are doing right now. 2. Never give up on want you want to be. The classes are stressful, and they make you question the career path that you have chosen. Stay true to yourself, and use all the resources that La Salle gives you, so that you can continue to pass your classes and achieve your career path. 3. You are extremely smart with the people that you allow in your life. Keep it that way, because good people bring good vibes.

Leah

I think the volunteer opportunities are the best part about the school. They really do focus on service and provide a variety of opportunities for students to participate in it. I attended three service trips to the Dominican Republic through La Salle, and thoroughly enjoyed every one.

I wish I had known more about the location and it not being very convenient to get downtown and other places. I also wish I had known about the extreme lack of diversity within the student body and especially within the faculty. Lastly, I wish I had known more about the volunteer opportunities from the beginning.

Our school is best known for its business school, nursing program and basketball team

La Salle is close to Philadelphia, so there are plenty of places to go off and explore! Also, it is very diverse here and you meet a ton of new people!

I would encourage myself to open up more and not be so shy. I would join more clubs, maybe a sorority. I would tell myself to explore all that La Salle has to offer and take advantage of all of the great things available. I would tell myself to not be afraid and that I will be successful in everything that I do and I would enourage myself to try my best and just have fun!

Robyn

My classmates here at La Salle are all different and unique in their own ways, but they are all very kind. At La Salle there is someone always willing to help from holding the door for you to letting you use their quest swipe in the dining hall.

The advice I would give myself is to always prepare for everything because not everything is going to go as planned. I would also tell myself to learn time mangement; set a few hours a week to study for each class. The final advice I would give myself is to never be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help.

The best thing about my school is that programs designed to achieve academic success: Summit and ADP. In the Summit program extra help is provided for freshmen students; the program helps make the transition from high school to college easier.

Lexus

I would have told myself to not take the AP classes I took in high school and just have stayed in honors to raise my GPA. Also, I probably would have told myself to actually start trying to study because in college you really need to know how to study. For the AP class thing and GPA, it would have opened me up to more scholarship opportunities that could help me pay for college in the future. That is about the only thing that I would have changed, everything else at college is good and I enjoy it.

The kind of person that does not expect too much out of college, that can be focused in their studies or seem interested. A decently good person because it is a private catholic school. A person who also enjoys the city oh Philadelphia because it is in the center of it. The kind of person that should attend La Salle should not be wasteful because La Salle does a lot of community service that they take seriously and is also very generous in the amount of money that they give to students to attend the school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the walking from the south side of the campus. There is only one academic building on that side and two residence halls. People are alwasy complaining about the distance they have to walk to main campus especially in the cold and snow.

Steven

La Salle University is a small, liberal arts, catholic school that academically focuses on the individual student.

I would tell my self to destress more. I thought every little thing in college was important. I had fun, I met the love of my life, and I had amazing experiences, but in the end I was stressed out a lot. Being involved, having good grades, traveling, and being social are all important, but you need to understand what you have control over. Other people, especially administration and adults will do things that will upset, just relax and understand that you can only do so much. Enjoy the flexible schedule, go outside during nice weather, and have fun.

I consider the Christian Brother and their message of social justice to be the best part of La Salle. I received a good academic education and my department was great, but the social justice message was the most important to me.

ana

I would make sure to choose the best college based on my major and based on the best financial aid package.

I wish I would have realized how expensive it is.

People that get a good financial aid package

La Salle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.