Philadelphia, PA
La Salle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Salle University

Michelle

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would have handled high school very differently. I would have payed attention more and tried to apply myself. I did not do bad in high school but I feel as if I did not push myself as much as I should have. I played around and took the things that I was being taught for granted. For example, in high school I thought that Biology was very boring so I did not pay much attention. I payed for it once I came to college and took Microbiology. I had a very difficult time grasping the material because I did not understnad the basics of biology due to my lack of care for biology in high school. I did not do very bad in microbiology, but I know I could have done better if I had payd attention to the things I was taught in my highschool biology class.

I wish I was prepared mentally for the amount of work that I am being given. At times it can be overwhelming, but there is always help available.

I do not have any complaint ablut my school. The enviornment is clean and safe. The people are very friendly. My proffesors are amazing. Anytime I need help with something I am helped immideatley. There are many different activites to get involved in around campus.

Ursula

College experience is the very important and the more I attend school the more experience I am receiving in my nursing carreer. College has taught me to be a critical thinker in the nursing profession. It is valuable to attend to learn and recieve as much knowledge as I can to make me a better nurse. Knowledge is a wonderful assest in my profession and I am proud to be a nurse and continue to receive the education I am getting. By giving me this scholarship, this helps me continue my education as a nurse and gives me the opportunity to fill my dream of becoming a nurse anesthesist. It helps me to still study very hard for my continuing career while providing for my three beautiful daughters. Thank you for your time and consideration.

The school has a very successful well known Anesthesia Program that I am attending. It is the most appropriate for me. LaSalle has a great reputation and it has taught me so much already through the program. The best thing about my school is the reputation and flexibility of the classes at the three different campus.

The most frustrating thing about school is the anesthesia clinicals has to be full time so you can not work if you have a family, it is very difficult to work because you need to go full time.

Jeffrey

Although i've just started my college experience and it has been tremendous thus far. I completely appreciate this opportunity alot more now that i am older versus when i could have gone at the age of 17. I graduated high school not knowing what i wanted to do with my life. I've worked endless dead end jobs over the course of my break and all that helped me do was find my road. Reality was that my parents could never afford to finance my education and i was the one that had to figure it out for myself. After extensive research, of all the music schools i could have requested information from across the world, i finally found the one for me. The Arts Institute is an excellent facility for anyone considering taking control of their lives, knowing what direction they wanted to go and getting the resources and tools they would need to be successful at their given field. People here, both faculty and classmates, all stress an urgency to succeed and do anything in their power to help you reach that goal. I feel at home because i am constantly being surrounded by like-minded individuals.

Noheli

Out of everything that I have learned in college I find that the most important lessons is to work hard, take care of yourself, and to be grateful for the opportunity to be in school. There are millions of people ut there who cannot afford a college education and I am one fo the few who are. I am lucky enough to have a father who works 14 hour days to pay for my education but there are plenty of people who do not. My father never went to college so I feel that it is my duty to work hard and make him proud. Having a hard work ethic has also helped me to achieve better grades and I have learned that at the end of the day it is up to me achieve what I want. I have also learned to take care of myself because no one else will. My mother is no longer here to check up on me or keep me up on my work so I have to responisble enough to do it all on my own.

I feel that I worse thing about this school is the lack of student acitivites that they offer. For the money that students pay to attend this college they do not do enough to thank the students. There is very little funding that goes into Spring Fling and for Homecoming the school's main focus is to honor the alumni.

The most frustrating thing about this school is that is is over priced. The classes and professors are wonderful but the rest of the school is not. The security does not really do their job, the area is not very safe and the conditions of the buildings are unacceptable. This leads me to ask, where does our money really go? I also find that there is a lack of diversity and most of the people here are either from South Jersey or Philadelphia.

Shira

As an Orthodox Jew who had no exposure to other cultures, college enabled me to open myself up to questions and lines of inquiry I could have otherwise never encountered. As a college student I have been able to explore the spectrum of activities and academic pursuits that interest me in order to discover what I am truly passionate about. Having such a diverse range of people, interestes, activites, backgrounds, and cultures at my disposal forced me to investigate, question, and ultimately learn so much about myself. At the end of the day, college is about uncovering and strengethening student passion. Students can come in with a fair sense of their strengths or weaknesses, but without a larger idea of what their role in the world should be, or what they want it to be. My college experience allowed me to see my passion for creating deep and open dialogue among groups with historically bad relationships, and this realization, along with the oppurtunities available to pursue such dialogue, has been invaluable.

I have learned to use my time wisely and to always ask questions. Both of these will assist in not only doing well in your classes, but also to keep yourself from going insane. I have also learned that sometimes you just need to take a break from studying and doing work. This keeps your mind fresh so you can always do your best.

The size and location of the school is probably the best thing. It is small enough that you can get to know everyone you want to know and classes are small, but you get to see a variety of different people throughout the days. The location is right near Center City, so there is always something to do off campus if you decide to take a trip into the city.

If a person does nto want to take liberal arts courses, such as philosophy or religion, they should not attend this school since these are courses required for every student to graduate.

Amber

LaSalle has its faults but I do believe I am getting a quality education. The teachers care and classes are interesting. Alot of the people are well rounded.

The student body is fairly good. there is not alot of diversity on campus or intermingling of the races although they like to tell people that. But I wouldnt say there is race fights or anything either. For the most part everoyne gets along.

Alot of people are really nice. SOME staff is another story,especially the security working in the dorms and people who work for student housing. One woman...her CA duties has gone completely to her head. She's very nasty to the students. She fails to realize that we pay her.Another misconception..Philadelphia is dangerous and there is nothing to do. Ive grew up in Philly so ofcourse I'll know where to go to have fun and that doesnt involve drinking etc. Fun like shopping,sight seeing, shows etc. People who arent from around here like to go to south street and think they have fufilled their Philadelphia experience. NOT TRUE. the danger thing, I'll be the first to say that Philadelphia as a whole is not dangerous but the campus sure is. The one block stretching from the church to the cafeteria is safe but you also have people coming up from the neighborhoods looking around etc. There has been many security alerts this year and LaSalle can do alot better with that. People have continuously been robbed until recently when they arrestted two people after some uproar. That is one of the main things I do not like. But I do walk around during the day and early night (on campus) and I feel safe majority of the time. I have not encountered any danger myself. Their dorms suck...that is true but there is also a few that are nice. I would suggest tearing them all down and rebulding but ofcourse they wont do that. Alot of my furniture has to be as old as the dorm I live in which was built in 56. I also have a curtain for a closet door which I think is strange. There are a few dorms that are fairly nice but they rate who gets them on a point system so better get straight A's if you want to have air conditioning in your room.

Professors are really personable. Ofcourse you may run in to a few grumpy professors but alot of them are easy going.

No football...but I think the rest of the activities such a rugby and such are pretty big. There is barely any diverity among Greek life either.

Philadelphia is boring and dangerous Staff is rude Housing is horrible

Margaret-Ann

LaSalle places a big emphasis on the mission of our patron saint. There are numerous ways to get involved on campus, and we have a great percentage of service-oriented activites.

Dear Self, As improbable as this sounds? it?s you, from the future! Here?s some advice about the year ahead. You?re going to learn so many things, and a great many lessons will occur outside the classroom ? so pay attention. You?ll see that despite what the girls said, you won?t be friends forever. And despite what your teachers told you, you won?t lose your faith in college. (No surprise there, right?) But don?t dwell on the negative, since there are so many good things ahead. The rest of senior year is going to fly by and you are going to make so many great memories. In college, you?ll be inspired from some of your professors to become an even better teacher. And you?ll meet the man of your dreams who is also your best friend. (By the way, we have great taste!) In all seriousness, if you take one thing from this, let it be the following ? you can?t plan everything all the time? so embrace your hidden spontaneous side! PS: Remember when mom told you that God just laughs when we make plans? Well, I?m pretty sure he does.

That the size of my school is perfect! It's big enough that I can get the classes I need WHEN I need them... but it's small enough that I can't walk 5 minutes without saying hello to someone I know (even if it's only by name or face).

Gregory

La Salle University is a dynamic, liberal-arts-based university with great faculty to student rations, generious office hours devoted to students, discussion based classes, and a fairly competitive business school attached.

Greg, Jump in the air, click your heels, make a few strange and unusual noises loudly enough to entertain those around you, and then pat yourself on the back. The first three directives will help instill in you a habit sure to keep your spirits and energy bright throughout college. The last instructive congratulates yourself on your success in high school and your fabulous choice on La Salle University as the next step in your education. Your emersion into the college experience will be supplemented with a great social life, a roommate that teaches you how to play guitar, a few great friends, forbes magazine, and a host of major switches and opportunities to meet alumni who have all conquered the world. Don?t worry, your study habits will not dwindle; although you are going to earn your first C in history class. Don't tell anyone, but you will get an A with that same professor next semester. It really was your lack of ability all along. -Your future PS. Your optimistic attitude and go-free happiness will become a disease on campus afflicting those around you. Start practicing now, your family will appreciate it as well.

Although it has great dorms with kitchenettes on each hallway, La Salle University forces its students to pruchase a rather pricey mealplan expecting students to eat 14 meals per week. While the cafeterias serve decent food, I would prefer to do my own cooking a little more often.

Donelle

La Salle is best known for its Nursing program, Psychology program, and its Business school. Many of the students that attend this school are enrolled in either of these programs, and many companies surrounding Pennsylvania know the work that La Salle students put in to these areas. La Salle also has a very good track team as well as a women's rugby team.

The advise that I would give myself if I was a high school senior would be to balance my time wisely and to make sure to get involved with organizations on campus. I would also tell myself to really get to know my professors because they offer invaluable information and really want you to succeed. One of the biggest things I would say is to get at least one internship while at school because it is a good way to network and find out about possible job opportunities. Internships also give you an idea about whether you would enjoy a career in your chosen field.

The worst thing about La Salle is that if a student lives off campus there tends to be a problem with the students and the locals that live in the neighborhood. Many of the houses that the students live in off-campus sometimes get broken into, so there is a small security problem wich most students take steps to avoid happening.

La Salle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.