Lansing, MI
Lansing Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lansing Community College

kizzy

LCC ids a devine institue of learning and studying.

LCC ids a devine institue of learning and studying.

I would tell myself to take advantage of my high school years by not taking for granted. My education would come first and I would always do my homework and study hard. I would always try to get on the honors society since that looks good a resume` and a college application. I would also attend classes everyday. I would reject getting involved with in crowd. I wouldn't care how anyone would tease or harass me. My education would take me somewhere one day. This is all that would matter to me. I would make a point to reiterate how the mistakes that you make in the past such as skipping school, getting suspended, teenage pregnancy, and teenage drug abuse. These irrational behaviors contribute to high school dropouts. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste".

My school is very different since Lcc offers education, dance, and exercise classes too. I think my school is well rounded and highly competitve for a Community School.

Corey

I would tell myself to buckle down pull all 4.0s school is important and either get grants for college or find student loans.

Close; easy to get the classes I need and that best fit my schedule. This is good for the fact that I work part time to pay bill.

Jennie

Making decisions for my future is hard I find myself in the shoes of an adult but still feel like a child. Since I did so poorly on my ACT my chances for going to a more prestigious college are slim. What education I receive will determine what job I have in the future. What I would emphasize the most is the importance of your ACT score and GPA. College and high school are different atmospheres but what is important to understand is the change involved between the two. Change is always occurring throughout one?s life but the transition between high school and college is crucial. Crucial because of the responsibilities and decisions you have to make regarding your future. This creates more pressure because you are viewed and expected to act like an adult. One encounters more peer pressure and adult like responsibility when entering college. The juggle between work and classes increase in pressure. The college you choose affects your future. College does not have a structured format like high school so procrastination can become a temptation. Some professors push their opinions so your own perspective and opinion is being put to the test.

Parking is a definite problem because of the lack of space, the expense in general, and the traffic can be horrible. Food prices are very high especially in the vending machines. The vending machines are higher priced then the cafeteria. The bathrooms are not clean a lot of the time but it depends on what building you are in. The location of the college's main campus is not the safest area especially later at night. The Star Card system can be an unnecessary nuisance. The books are overpriced and some books are not even used in your class.

People should not attend my community college if one already received scholarships and finances in order to go to a different college of their choice. Also, if one has their prerequisites finished one should consider going to a college that focuses more on the area of study that you would like for your future. LCC is really known for their nursing program. So, if you are interested in going into a different area of study then I suggest you go to a different college only if the requirements mentioned above are fulfilled.

Matthew

The classmates that I attend college with seem to be smart, fun, confident people with a very good work ethic.

The aspect that is unique about Lansing Community College is that it offered exactly the classes that I was intereseted in taking. Some of the other colleges I considered offered similar courses but not exactly what I was considering for a career.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself many things about college. The first thing I would tell myself is "go to college immediately!" Before I went to college I was working as a welder and was continually getting laid off. I would tell myself that the field I was getting into was not one that would do well for much longer. The second thing I would tell myself is that college is a great experience where I will learn many things that will help make me a more rounded individual. Another thing that I would tell myself is to pay more attention in math class so I don't have to study for the college placement test for such a long time. Their are many more things that I would tell myself but these three seem to be the most important.

Lansing Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.