Lansing, MI
Lansing Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lansing Community College

My classmates vary widely in age and in what they hope to achieve with their LCC education.

Do not go into college looking to earn a degree simply because it will get you a job in a practical career. Explore your interests! I cannot emphasize this enough. You will learn what you like to do, and you will learn what you love to do. Once you have realized what subject you enjoy the most, pursue every opportunity you can to gain experience in your field. You will be enjoying yourself immensely, while at the same time opening doors to educational and professional opportunities you never even dreamed were possible. Studying what you love is always the right thing to do. Believe this, live this belief, and you will go far.

The excellent support provided to enthusiastic students by faculty and advisors is the best thing about LCC. Professors are always willing to answer questions during and after class, and to provide advice and assistance to students in pursuing their further academic and professional goals. Academic counselors are ready and willing to work closely with students in planning and carrying out these goals as well.

Alexsandria

dont pick to many classes. dont stretch yourself out too thin! you should also save up more money for books. that is one expense that most incoming college student dont factor in. i have payed $200 for one book for one class! if i knew how much books alone would cost i woul dhave saved more and applied for more scholarships

i Love the prices. At lcc you get so much more then what you payfor. a class at MSU will cost you double and you have over 150 people in one class and you dont even get to speak to your instructors. At LCC i pay more then half the money, i dont have more than 25 students in any of my classes and the professors actually know everyones names. there very helpful and always give you many ways to contact them. if LCC offered 4 year degrees i would never leave!

IF you want to stay in dorms then this college isent for you but other than that anyone can go here!

There is a wide range of students at Lansing Community College. The ones that I have personally gotten to know are all planning on going on to higher levels of education.

That in highschool certain aspects of school, and life in general, may not seem very important to the future. Turns out that a lot of those things are very important. The best plan is to do your best in everything, because you never know when a new oppurtunity might show up.

Anyone that is looking to get a start on their education. LCC is a great place to get started and transfer out, but it also has some great medical programs that can be completed at LCC without transferring.

Chelsea

My classmates are very diverse and unique; many different kinds of people go to LCC.

My school is best known for it's theatre, sign language and nursing programs. They are all top in the area and give out many scholarships a year. I am currently going to a community college and it is very one-on-one. The class sizes are small and it is very personal. Lansing Community College is one of the best community colleges anywhere. It is really growing quickly and is very affordable. It is a really great alternative to a university or even a great tool to save money before transfering and makes the transition a bit easier.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would stick to my decidion to go to a community college first. I am paying for school myself and it makes it really hard sometimes for me to keep up with payments. So far I have been working part time and going to school full time just to keep up with everything, I couldn't even imagine having the bill be three times as much right from the start! I know that if I would have chosen to go to a university right away I would have had to take out huge loans and would be paying them off years after I graduated and I knew that was not what I wanted. We are supposed to be going to college to get a better education so that we can have the better careers but what is the point of having a well paying job if you are going to be paying off your college loans the rest of your life? I do plan to transfer to a university next year, but I beleive, that going to the community college first helped me handle my money better.

Kristina

I would tell myself to focus more on school work and study more than what I did. Also, to think about either going to a 2 yr college or 4 yr college. Because sometimes I wish I started out at a 4 yr university instead of coming to LCC.

The worst then is that there is not dorms so you don't get to live the college student dorm life.

Any person can and should attend this school. It gives students education at a cheaper price for their first two years of college. Students who are only getting a 2 year degree should attend especially because it's cheaper than an university.

kizzy

LCC ids a devine institue of learning and studying.

LCC ids a devine institue of learning and studying.

I would tell myself to take advantage of my high school years by not taking for granted. My education would come first and I would always do my homework and study hard. I would always try to get on the honors society since that looks good a resume` and a college application. I would also attend classes everyday. I would reject getting involved with in crowd. I wouldn't care how anyone would tease or harass me. My education would take me somewhere one day. This is all that would matter to me. I would make a point to reiterate how the mistakes that you make in the past such as skipping school, getting suspended, teenage pregnancy, and teenage drug abuse. These irrational behaviors contribute to high school dropouts. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste".

My school is very different since Lcc offers education, dance, and exercise classes too. I think my school is well rounded and highly competitve for a Community School.

Corey

I would tell myself to buckle down pull all 4.0s school is important and either get grants for college or find student loans.

Close; easy to get the classes I need and that best fit my schedule. This is good for the fact that I work part time to pay bill.

Jennie

Making decisions for my future is hard I find myself in the shoes of an adult but still feel like a child. Since I did so poorly on my ACT my chances for going to a more prestigious college are slim. What education I receive will determine what job I have in the future. What I would emphasize the most is the importance of your ACT score and GPA. College and high school are different atmospheres but what is important to understand is the change involved between the two. Change is always occurring throughout one?s life but the transition between high school and college is crucial. Crucial because of the responsibilities and decisions you have to make regarding your future. This creates more pressure because you are viewed and expected to act like an adult. One encounters more peer pressure and adult like responsibility when entering college. The juggle between work and classes increase in pressure. The college you choose affects your future. College does not have a structured format like high school so procrastination can become a temptation. Some professors push their opinions so your own perspective and opinion is being put to the test.

Parking is a definite problem because of the lack of space, the expense in general, and the traffic can be horrible. Food prices are very high especially in the vending machines. The vending machines are higher priced then the cafeteria. The bathrooms are not clean a lot of the time but it depends on what building you are in. The location of the college's main campus is not the safest area especially later at night. The Star Card system can be an unnecessary nuisance. The books are overpriced and some books are not even used in your class.

People should not attend my community college if one already received scholarships and finances in order to go to a different college of their choice. Also, if one has their prerequisites finished one should consider going to a college that focuses more on the area of study that you would like for your future. LCC is really known for their nursing program. So, if you are interested in going into a different area of study then I suggest you go to a different college only if the requirements mentioned above are fulfilled.

Matthew

The classmates that I attend college with seem to be smart, fun, confident people with a very good work ethic.

The aspect that is unique about Lansing Community College is that it offered exactly the classes that I was intereseted in taking. Some of the other colleges I considered offered similar courses but not exactly what I was considering for a career.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself many things about college. The first thing I would tell myself is "go to college immediately!" Before I went to college I was working as a welder and was continually getting laid off. I would tell myself that the field I was getting into was not one that would do well for much longer. The second thing I would tell myself is that college is a great experience where I will learn many things that will help make me a more rounded individual. Another thing that I would tell myself is to pay more attention in math class so I don't have to study for the college placement test for such a long time. Their are many more things that I would tell myself but these three seem to be the most important.

Lansing Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.