Saint Charles, MO
Lindenwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lindenwood University

Ariel

All of the teachers are very willing to help and the class sizes are small so each student recieves one on one time with the instructor.

If I could go back I would tell myself to not have any reservations. Do not worry about anyone else when deciding on a college. Do not think about your relationship with your boyfriend or friends. There are so many ways of long distance communication and your relationships will last. They will, i promise. I would tell myself, do look into as many schools as possible. Do apply or audition for as many schools as you can. Do try for the schools that you think you could never get in to; because you know what, maybe you will have that spark they are looking for. And most importantly love yourself no matter what, because if you don't love yourself, no one else will.

I feel like I am still in high school. I am not sure if I feel this way because of how the students are treated by the staff or because of the people who attend the school, however I know that I feel like I am unable to be independent. The teachers in my major are wonderful, but in my general education classes I feel like I am taking high school freshman level classes.

Mary

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, my mantra would be go to school, don't wait, know what financial aid is, register at first chance and dorm life is what you make it. College is not one big party, you work for your grades and waiting a year does not help. You forget things quickly when your not in school. If you can go to school, go as soon as ou can. Don't just let your parents do your financial aid, if your 1000 miles from home and your money for your books hasn't been released from FAFSA and you need your financial aid pin, know what that means. You at least need a brief overviewing of what your financial aid covers and entails. Register for courses as soon as possible, especially freshman courses they are the fastest courses to fill. If you wait to long you may be in classes that don't pertain to your major. D

The best thing about my school is the cultures. Lindenwood University has one of the highest Foreign Exchange programs in Missouri. I learn so much by talking to my classmates. Sure books teach us, but I think one of the main reasons kids go to college is for the social experience. I learn so much talking to someone who lives in South Africa. It humbles you and changes your perspectives on life. I feel we are ambassadors to our country and we teach foreign exchange students so much about our culture. I feel blessed to work with so many people.

Lindenwood University is a wonderful school; many varied people can succeed here. I think anyone can join this school. Any person with the right attitude and drive can attend a college. I understand people not feeling comfortable at a very small college or a very large college; Lindenwood is not a huge campus so you don't have to worry about lecture hall classes. Lindenwood is large enough though that you see new faces in the hallway. Anyone who wants to succeed, has ambition, is not afraid of a challenge, and is willing to work will excel at Lindenwood.

Melissa

The mirror was my enemy. I sat and cried wondering why my life was not normal anymore. I immediately was overwhelmed with fear,disgust, anger, panic, and tears. My heartbeat got louder as I stared into the mirror wondering where my desired life went. Elbows braced me on the counter as tears came strolling down my face and I began to shake. How does one person go from being so content and enjoying life, to practically dumping their life upside down? Being diagnosed with a type of cancer, Hodgkin?s lymphoma stage 3, a couple months into my 2nd year in college has thrown my life upside down. Looking back as a senior, one pictures their college experience to be the "cliche normal" life. Go to class whenever, go out and party, stay up, and sleep in late. I was terrifed then to get out of my box and "live it up". I was too scared to be whoever I wanted and just enjoy life. Now being at home, going through chemotherapy, I tell myself and my friends every chance I get,"Live it up, live the life you want, because one day, it might all change."

I Wish I knew that being far away from your home is a bigger challenge than you believe it is to be. I wish I had toured the city with my family a little bit more to familiarize myself with the town. As well as an idea of "how much stuff" to bring being from out of state.

The most frustrating thing about my school are the strict rules regarding dorm visitation.

Holly

I would tell myself to literally try anything. Hang out with every social clique in order to help you find out who you are. Also, follow your passion. Don't focus on what others thing of you. Do what you want. Travel. Explore. Never stay idle. Always be on the move. Approach everyone.

The administration is hard to navigate and not very easy to communicate with.

Hayden

My classmates are intelligent, passionate inidividuals with a desire to learn and to graduate in order to help shape the world for the better.

I graduated with over 30 credit hours already completed from advanced placement courses in high school. I was in the top ten of my class. I was familiar with success and achieving a high degree of perfection. But college is a completely different environment. For the first time in my life I was surrounded by people who wanted to learn, who were smarter than I was. On top of that, grades were no longer effortless. I received a ?C? for the first time in my life. I was incredibly hard on myself, almost to the point of giving up. I wish I could tell myself that while grades are important, the college experience is about much more. It is an opportunity to be truly independent and to learn to thrive on your own. It is an opportunity to meet an incredibly diverse group of people and make lifelong friends. It is the opportunity of a lifetime. I wish I could have told myself this, but at the same time I would not want to deprive myself of learning this lesson on my own. The road was rough, but it?s all part of the journey.

The best thing about Lindenwood are the classes and the professors. The university has no lecture hall classrooms, so all class sizes are kept small and the personal attention and quality of education received is excellent. The professors themselves are all there to teach. The university does not hire any research professors, so students never find themselves taught by graduate assistants. Student education and success is the focus of the professors. Overall, Lindenwood University is a fantastic school and I am extremely happy with my decision to attend.

The smaller class sizes are unique to USD compared to other schools I considered, and this has made it a lot easier for me to feel comfortable about asking for help from my professors during office hours.

Relax! Even though you are working hard to get into the college of your dreams and to recieve scholarships, have fun and enjoy your senior year as much as you can. Although it may be hard to imagine it now, you are going to have even less time in college than you do now. You are going to sleep even less and not go to bed before midnight because you have online homework due by midnight, so be prepared to have a strange sleep schedule. Be outgoing and introduce yourself to classmates. Not only will you make new friends, but also you will be able to study with friends you have known since the beginning of the school year rather than right before your first midterm. Finally, find a routine as soon as possible. A daily routine will help ensure that you get your homework finished early so you can find time to relax after your long days.

Students who want large class sizes and a college with a division one football team should not attend USD.

Jackie

Located just west of Saint Louis, Lindenwood University is a private, suburban, liberal arts college with over 120 graduate and undergraduate degrees, 44 varsity sports teams, and 71 student organizations.

I would tell the young me never to forget what?s important. My family, my education, and my goals are important. First, I would tell my young self, "Once you reach college, call your parents." My first semester, I was so excited to be free from their household, I neglected to call them for weeks. I knew my mom was lonely in her empty nest, but I cared not. In retrospect, this seems undeniably selfish. My parents help fund my education and they have made me the person I am today. The least I can do is call them. Next, I would advise my young self, "Once you reach college, go to class." There were days, when I just wanted to lay in bed and sleep in. Those days, I reminded myself that I am here for an education and class missed is knowledge lost. Finally, I would instruct my young-self to make smart choices. I have seen friends lose sight of their priorities and fail out of school. Now, I know how important it is to make decisions with the future in mind. In order to achieve my future goals, I must first begin with a solid education.

Lindenwood is ideal for every type of student. For the academic, the school offers small class sizes and a challenging honors college; for the athlete, Lindenwood offers an array of varsity and intramural sports; and for the volunteer, Lindenwood offers a wide variety of service and campus betterment organizations.

Kelsey

Diverse, Goal oriented, Costly, Interesting and well rounded.

Diverse, Goal oriented, Costly, Interesting and well rounded.

I would give myself advice about finding more financial aid and filling out more scholarship applications. I got a year behind in school because of finances so I would also give advice about fulfilling my gen ed courses at a community college and taking advantage of the A+ program.

Someone who is athletically inclined. Someone who is willing to work of tuition through work and learn. Somone who is looking for a diverse campus. Someone who is business oriented.

Destinie

My classmates are truely diverse, traveling from many foreign countries to attend Lindenwood.

Lindenwood has an excellent program for incoming freshman/new students to allow them to get to know the campus and feel comfortable before the majority of students arrive on campus. New students arrive one week early and participate in group activities to allow them to meet other new students. This allows time for freshman to get acclimated with campus life before the pressures of class work begins. It really relieved some of the anxiety of being on my own and responsible for myself.

I would like to tell myself that is not to early to start the financial aid process, even if I am not sure where I will go to school. I would tell myself to spend at least an hour each day researching and filling out scholarship information. It is very stessful if the financial aid process is put off until the last minute.

Richard

My University is the greatest ; I'm very satisfied with my education.

My University is the greatest ; I'm very satisfied with my education.

Focuse on what you like to do and the type of person you want to be in the future. Apply yourself when it comes to your shchool work and enjoy the experince of making chages for your future life.

I have not been totally satisfied with the counsling services,offered to studients.

Lindenwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.