Saint Charles, MO
Lindenwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lindenwood University

Destinie

My classmates are truely diverse, traveling from many foreign countries to attend Lindenwood.

Lindenwood has an excellent program for incoming freshman/new students to allow them to get to know the campus and feel comfortable before the majority of students arrive on campus. New students arrive one week early and participate in group activities to allow them to meet other new students. This allows time for freshman to get acclimated with campus life before the pressures of class work begins. It really relieved some of the anxiety of being on my own and responsible for myself.

I would like to tell myself that is not to early to start the financial aid process, even if I am not sure where I will go to school. I would tell myself to spend at least an hour each day researching and filling out scholarship information. It is very stessful if the financial aid process is put off until the last minute.

Richard

My University is the greatest ; I'm very satisfied with my education.

My University is the greatest ; I'm very satisfied with my education.

Focuse on what you like to do and the type of person you want to be in the future. Apply yourself when it comes to your shchool work and enjoy the experince of making chages for your future life.

I have not been totally satisfied with the counsling services,offered to studients.

Afforadable education/ Education and business programs

Afforadable education/ Education and business programs

I would tell my self to get involved. Friendships and community is one of the most important things about learning how to live outside of college. Do the work and try hard but learn that community is essential to happy healthy lifestyle on campus, reach out to international studetns and the people in you drom, the people how you live daily life with. When hard time come, which they will, having a community is what helps get you throught it.

Sasha

I would have told myself to hold on and stick it out just a little bit longer because things would get so much better after graduating high school. Making the transition into college has exposed me to the real world and becoming an independent person has been a challenge and I wouldn't have changed it for the world! If I could talk to myself face to face I would have told myself to try a little harder academically. My GPA was alright but it couldn't have hurt to raise it a little bit. I would also have told myself to forget all the high school drama, and look forward to all the great relationships I would be making in college. Coming to Lindenwood has opened many new opportunities for me and has allowed me to fully enjoy every aspect of my life.

I wish I would have known how much better than high school it is. College has made me a happier person overall and I am so glad to be here.

Someone who is looking to be involved in sports, and meet many international students, should attend this school. It is also enjoyable for people who want to feel at home in a University that is not too big so that you're not just another letter grade. Names are put to faces and it is easy to keep in touch with your professors.

Rebekah

One of the best things about going to Lindenwood were the small classroom sizes. I became close with all of my professors, and all of them knew me by name. For the most part all of my professors were willing to help when needed. For not being a religious school, Lindenwood maintains strict rules regarding separate dorms and no alcohol policies. A lot of times on campus students feel almost babysat by security who, if they catch you in the other gender's dorm or drinking on campus, will immediately be expel you from school pending a hearing. With one offense most students will be allowed back in school, and be forced to do "community service," which mostly consists of lawn maintenance or picking up trash. Recently Lindenwood has taken more steps in creating a more student friendly atmosphere, but for students who are not from the St. Louis area and live on campus they can feel trapped without much to do on the weekends around campus. Lindenwood definitely lacks an adequate student union. Lindenwood does boast around 40 athletic programs, however, most students do not become involved following these programs with the exception of football and basketball.

If you go into the cafeteria at Lindenwood definite groups exist. Certain tables or areas are always taken up by the same athletic teams. Others have international students from their home country, and then there's the students who participate in the arts programs. Lindenwood almost feels like high school part II in the cafeteria. Lindenwood generally has a casual atmosphere with most students wearing sweat pants or jeans to class. Religion is not predominant on campus, and most professors are liberal.

Lindenwood is a great school to go to for students looking to be able to participate in non-traditional sports. Also, Lindenwood does not have strict admission policies for those students who did not do extremely well in high school or on their ACT. The school is more looking to increase their student numbers than create an intellectual atmosphere on campus.

Yes, with few exceptions. I participated in athletics while staying away from partying and graduating with honors.

Most classes at Lindenwood are not challenging, but at least no huge lecture halls exist on campus. There are definitely students at Lindenwood who go there learn, and try to become successful career minded professionals, but these students are definitely outnumbered by students who don't try and only do the minimum required. Group projects were always a challenge due to those students who didn't feel the need to participate. For many of my classes, myself and one or two other people were the only ones who would participate.

Most students who live on campus are the athletes who stick with their athletic group. Other students who live on campus who live in the St. Louis area who do not participate in athletics do not actively pursue on campus groups. Some students in dorms try to be more friendly by leaving their doors open, but most stay to themselves. For those students who choose to drink, there's always several bars open in downtown St. Charles. Greek life is pretty much non-existent on campus, and is not important to student life. Some students try to create their own sororities or fraternities on campus, but they do not have their own house or area devoted to their group.

Most of the students can fit into a few categories: St. Louis area students, athletes, and international students. Most of the St. Louis area students commute, while some live on campus and leave on the weekends making the college a ghost town. If you find somebody on campus not from around the St. Louis area, 99% of the time they came to Lindenwood for some kind of sport. Most of the athletes on campus are more interested in their sports or drinking instead of excelling in the classroom.

Jasmine

Get rid of anything in your life that could lead to a possible set-back on the path youre taking, and over look everything before settling with just one thing.

The students, because they are the most nicest people you could ever meet.

Look for more scholorships, and participate in more activities than I did before. Study more and become more involved.

I would say visit the campus and talk to the students to find out what campus life is like. Check into the majors and programs offered and financial aid opportunities. Once you are there work hard, keep up, and have fun. college is a once in a lifetime thing enjoy it while you can. Be active in your campus community.

Someone looking for a smaller campus, athletic or fine arts bound, and enjoys learning both in and out of the class.

Jenny

Lindenwood is a university striving to do its best to accomodate every students needs.

I'd suggest reviewing a wide variety of schools; checking out their websites, and making sure the college has everything you want. Once you've narrowed your search down to about 10, send out applications. The top 5 that offer you the most money are the ones you should go visit. Make sure to set up a college visit day so your child can see the campus, dorms, classrooms, etc. Your child will know which school is right for them once they walk around. Tell your child to soak in everything and get involved in as much as they possibly can. College goes by incredibly fast so it's best to take classes that seem intersting to you, play the sports you love to play, work hard on earning your degree, and enjoy spending time with your friends. The right college is the one that will feel the most at home to your child. Your child needs to be comfortable and like the atmosphere that the college provides. The college also has to have the best interest in your child so that you feel like your child will be guided properly and taken care of if there's any problems.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that wants to go to school to party. Lindenwood is very focused on academics and strives to make their students very successful. If you want to party or hook up with people, I suggest going somewhere else. Also, if you're looking for a very big campus, Lindenwood is not for you. It's a private school that has about 14,000 students; commuter and non-commuter.

Sheila

One thing I would start with would be to figure out what the student might want to major in and then how far from home the student wants to go. Another thing that is important to take into account is the difficulty of the classes, particularly in the major the student wants to follow. Some schools might have a very strong buisness program but then only a mediocre teachers program or something along the lines. Extracuricular activities are another thing that are really important to look into, having a good social experience during college can make or break the entire experience for you. Sometimes even if the program is very challenging and fun yet there aren't many things to do outside or class or ways to meet people outside of your major it can be really frustrating.

I wish i had been more aware of the difficulty of the acedemics at Lindenwood or rather the lack there of.

The school didn't have much going on during the weekends for students because many of the students would go home.

Visit as many schools as you can and keep an open mind. I had certain criteria for colleges that I wanted to apply to and only applied to those schools. I ended up at one of them and it turned out to be all wrong for me. I transfered to Lindenwood, which I never considered applying to originally and it has ended up being the perfect school for me.

friendly, financially conscious, people who like smaller classes and closer teacher/student relationships

good teachers and great school for education majors

Lindenwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.