Warren, MI
Macomb Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Macomb Community College

Rebecca

I used MCC as a stepping stone and it was the best choice I have ever made. These particular questions were difficult to answer since it is a community college and not a university but overall I would give MCC 4 out of 5 stars. Every institution has their fair share of problems but Macomb has a lot to offer and is a great starting point!

Alyssa

I started at Macomb Community during the Fall 2015 semester. I am very happy that I chose this school and not a university right away. Some people can jump right into a university, but if anyone is like me they do not like much change. I was able to adjust to college very well and all my professors are wonderful. They are always available and very helpful. I am so happy that I chose to go here first and not go to a university right away.

Sydney

It's a great school, with great professors who really care about their students. I can receive an education without breaking the bank and going into debt. All of the people are very open and welcoming. The teachers are there to help you and make you better, not to fail you and ruin your college career.

sierra

Honestly I love this school. When I first went to macomb, I felt welcomed and people were always there to help me. My only con is that there's no on campus living which sucks because I live far but for this school, its worth it. Not to mention that this school is clean, everyone is about education, and the professors are understandable. If you're ready to extend your education, this is the right place to be!

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Trying to adjust to your classes

Describe a typical weekend.

hitting the books and doing homework

Friendly and serious about education. You don't see anyone being immature around campus or making fun of others; you see adults trying to extend their education. You can finally be yourself here and people would talk to you out of nowhere. That's a big pro for me considering that I'm not really a social person! I remember being in the bookstore line and this girl started talking to me out of nowhere. I thought it was very generous of her to engage in a conversation with someone like me and I thank her for that.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

the library! Everytime I would get out of class, the library is definitely my favorite spot to get things done. Its very peaceful and the computers are always open.

Honestly, it's the fact that there's no housing on campus.I think I would be happier if there was housing because there are people who live far from the school and it would be helpful if we could live closer. Other than that, I don't have any problems with the school.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

I will never forget the Halloween party at Macomb. At first, I thought about not going due to my anxiety but the way I made friends in a second is something I'm never going to forget. I had so much fun with them and it made me want to be there even more.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I went to this school because it's closer to me and it's somewhere to start if you're not ready for a university. There's nothing wrong with starting at a community college or go at your own pace.

Shyanne

I don't think that Macomb is a terrible school. All of the professors I'be had have been amazing, but some of the advisors and other staff members aren't helpful and are pretty rude and unhelpful. They don't really advertise a lot of clubs or sports around campus, so it's hard to get involved in anything.

David

The campus roads are poorly designed, resulting in students feeling frustrated when driving around. Overall the professors are great at their occupations and the classes are excellent for students pursuing their majors. There are not many athletic programs but campus activities are plentiful.

Tanjina

Love this school so much. Great staff and faculty. So are the professors. I'm so glad i picked to go to mcc. Good academics and crazy affordable .

jordan

I think it is a great start off school. It's a great way to find out where you want to go in life. I love Macomb and the teachers are awesome with the students. I'm going to get my associates degree here and then transferring after that and i think that is an awesome way to go. I also love the university center

Arianna

It is a great college to attend. I feel very welcome. I enjoy my peers,classes, and teachers. I cant wait to graduate with my associates degree in computer programming

Dee

There is one accurate stereotype and that is the gamers and the jocks. There is a few geeks and a lot lot of nerds.

The college have a lot of fun events and clubs. Macomb Community College has a nice organization called student life and leadership. The organization run free stuff give a ways and more. Weekend campus is closed but you can go the performing arts center to see a play or go to the sports expo center to catch a game or event.

Macomb Community College academics is nice. I been there for 2 going on 3 years. My favorite class was political science. The class was very enjoyable till the end.There are a few sports teams at macomb as well as events and clubs.The college offers over 150 majors and transfer programs as well.

Macomb Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.