Erie, PA
Mercyhurst University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercyhurst University

Jillien

The advice I would give to students coming to college is to keep your mind open and be willing to try new things and change. College is a chance to learn and grow and find out who you are and what is important to you. In order to discover these things, you must be open to new experiences and environments. At the same time, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't forget who you are and abondon everything when you get to college. Find the balance that works for you. You may make a few mistakes but you will also find the friends that will be there through the mistakes and care about you anyway. Parents also need to be there for their kids and realize that they are going to change and be supportive of that. Go to the college that you feel is right for you. The student should make the decision not the parent. This time is for the kid to learn and grow and they should go to a college that they want to attend otherwise they will be unahappy.

The worst thing about my school is the price that we pay to go here and how our money is used. I feel that we pay too much and that our money is spent on frivioulus things instead of adding to what we as students need.

Someone who loves the big city feel and likes to be able to go out at night and have lots of different places to go to. Also someone who has no interest in learning but instead would prefer to just party. Also, if you do not like snow, rain and cold weather this is not the place for you. We get lots of it.

Dane

Look at all areas of the college experience before you want to go. First, look at the academics and majors that the school offerse. This is probably the most important thing to consider. I would also look at the size of the school. Mercyhurst has small class sizes and I love that. You get a lot more interaction and attention. Another item to consider is the location. Do you like being in the middle of the city or something a little more private? This may not seem like a big deal, but it does affect your daily life. Finally, I would look at what sports and extracurriculars are offered. You may need to know this for scholarships and personal interests. I would recommend attending any orientations and campus visits available.

I wish that I had known a few people before I went to this school. It's not that hard to meet people, but it's nice to have someone with you in the beginning. I would have also wanted to know about things such as the student government and various clubs before I came. I may have been more involved if I would've been able to look at what I wanted to do before attending.

Anyone who doesn't want to learn should not attend this school. It is a liberal arts school and has wide variety of core classes that are mandatory. Thare are also no fraternities or sororities. I, personally, like this, but some may not.

Take a tour, stay overnight with a current student and maybe look in on classes you could be interested in just to see if the environment feels right. Ask as many questions as you can and be as honest and upfront as possible. Ask about living conditions, weekend activites, class size, professors, food and meal plans, student life. Visit and apply to as many colleges as you can and make sure you are happy with the one you choose cause transferring is annoying!!!

How beautiful the school is, the campus is amazing. The architecture is incredible, the grounds are perfect, and everything is well manicured. I also brag about how amazing my professors are, I love every teacher I have ever had and they are always willing to help and make sure you excel at everything you do in their courses.

Our cafeteria and meal options are terrible. Our food here at Mercyhurst tastes awful, makes you feel sick, and is unhealthy. Not only is the food bad but our gym and fitness center is so small. Everyone here at Mercyhurst is VERY active and we need a bigger gym to accomodate everyone so we can all work out together and not get stuck without a machine or getting refused a weight set. We do not have a pool either, I feel like for what we spend to go here our gym and food should be better.

Ernest

First see what kind of majors are offered. Then, i would see if it was in state or out of state. Depending on what the parent/stundent agree on then i would go from there. But going to school in the same state is a lot cheapter than going to school out of state. Whatever best fits for the student and what he/she plans on doing after school. :)

Someone with a free mind. A student who is looking for a challage.

That we have more girls than boys. The food here is great! My major is one of the best here . Saturdays are a blast! (Always something to do)

Jenea

Classmates are always kind and helpful. Some will go out of their ways to help each other understand things that others may n...

Classmates are always kind and helpful. Some will go out of their ways to help each other understand things that others may not.

The Best way to find the right college for a student is to get an idea of what they want to do as a career. I found that once I knew what I wanted to major in that my possibilities were large. I found a school that was close to home , the campus is small, but not too big. The faculty is absolutely wonderful and helpful in anyway that they can. Plus, what really pulled me in was the Walker School of Business. I knew that no matter what Business was going to be my field. I made the right choice, but you have to know what your future intentions are.

Someone who is a team player. They have to be social and expect to make a lot of friends in the time they attend college. They have to be open to meeting new people and putting themselves out there. Someone who enjoys hard work and enjoys to play hard too!

Anthony

Some advice i would give parents and students is to take a tour of the school and if your a student and want to go there ask about stayiong overnight and with some students that way you can get a real sense of what the school is like.

I believe that the best thing about my school is the career services office because they are very involved in trying to get you on your feet and into the real world when you graduate college.

When talking to my friends about school I brag about how nice and quiet the campus is, and how calm it is.

Caitlin

It is a very small, and close knit community of students and staff.

It is a very small, and close knit community of students and staff.

Very diverse in terms of personality and interest, and alot of them are not very academically focused. A lot come from wealthy families.

Parents should allow students to make their own decisions about college because it is the student going there and not the parent. It is better to go someplace that you love rather than someplace that you will be miserable. It not important to know exactly what you want to do with your life just yet, so take your time and follow your heart.

Angela

When deciding on a college to attend, I think it's important to find a college where you will feel at ease. Check out the environment, is it hot or cold? What's the weather like, sunny or rainy or snowy? When you get bored, is there a place you can go to have fun? Do you like the classes or will you just skip them and sleep? Does the food taste good? Try to spend a day or two there and soak up the atmosphere. Do you see people around looking happy or miserable. If you have the chance go and visit the campus around finals or midterms and see how people respond to the pressure. Do they look like they're about to break or going to make it. Most of all, is there something about the place that pulls to you, that says I can make this place my home and if so you've found the place that will help you grow as a person during this new stage of your life and become a fulfilled adult.

I wish I knew more about the class requirements to graduate. We have to take many other courses not related to our major and that don't seem to have much relevance to anything else. Overall though I like most of the courses I have to take.

A person who wants a large campus and a lot of parties. Also people who get in trouble a lot, defintely should not attend this school.

Mercyhurst University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.