Erie, PA
Mercyhurst University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercyhurst University

I think this is a great small community type school. Its rare to cross campus without seeing several people you know. The professors are always there to help with regular office hours and they are great at making appointments outside of that time to fit your schedule. Also the campus is always gorgeous, decorated either with plants or snow depending on the season. There is a party scene that's easy to enter into or to steer clear of depending on your preference. Whether you party or not, there is always something to do on campus, lectures or gallery openings, or concerts and performances, whatever you're into.

Overall, I believe that Mercyhurst University is a private Catholic institution jam-packed with opportunities. Students are truly nurtured by knowledgeable professors, small class sizes, and the diverse and inclusive campus. Students are also encouraged by their professors to go beyond the gates of campus to participate in a wide array of volunteer opportunities.

Hailey

I loved my time at Mercyhurst. Form the first day of my freshmen year till the time I walked at graduation I felt at home and felt like I was given every opportunity to flourish as a student and as a person. I was able to double major (Dance and Pre- Nutritional Studies) and even created a major that was specific to my needs. The facility was amazing, invested in their students, and always available to help their students. I wouldn't have changed a moment of my four years here.

Vincent

Mercyhurst University, overall, is an amazing campus! All the students, staff, and faculty are friendly and create a welcoming environment. The campus is beautifully landscaped and the academics are challenging, but rewarding and are definitely preparing me for my future career. There is also a wide variety of activities to get involved with which makes the campus that much better.

John

Mercyhurst is not very good. The weather is horrible, the teachers (except for a few) are pretentious and extremely brainwashed liberals, the people are generally fake and steal things, the partys are bad, the faculty is not very helpful, and the facilities are terribly outdated. The good parts about the school are that the school is pretty, some majors have good connections, and there are some pretty fun functions run by the university.

Alexander

6 out of 10. It is expensive. Winters are long and very snowy.The fitness center is not very good. The machines are outdated. For a school that prides itself on athletics, the facilities are very average. It is very cliquey also. On the positive, professors are good and people are very friendly for the most part. Presque isle is the best part of Erie.

Very good. Number 1 school in the country for intelligence.

Jeanetta

Going to college is not a bad thing. So you should always try your best, and not slack off in your classes. Because one day you might want to own your own company, and believe me you will need to learn what you can.

Thos who are determind to go to a good University.

Didn't go through a frustrating time.

Adele

Mercyhurst's small size and liberal arts atmosphere combine to allow for a very creative and suportive enviroment.

Create a detailed career plan for life after college, make sure the degreee you earn will provide the desired oppertunites. In addition, make several alternate or fallback plans that can be activated when roadblocks occur in the primary plan. Make meaningful connections with your professors.

When talking with friends about my time at Mercyhurst University I brag most about my strong realtionships with profesors and mentors on campus. The small classroom size allows for extensive profesor -student interaction.

Keely

My school is best known for their academics. Organizations are always coming to recruit.

I would tell myself that there is no such thing as too much preparation. Make sure you apply for as many scholarships as you possibly can. Make sure you ask questions to your teachers at the high school and the colleges you are applying for, check out schools you would not think you would be interested in at first. If you have colleges in mind check out the restaurants, job oppurtunities, finanical aid, class sizes, women to men ratio, atheltics, and campus living. Go to college visits, get information on your choice of study. MAke sure your high school grades are high, that you rarely skip school, that you take the ACT along with your SAT and even if you do well on your SAT try again and shoot for a higher score. Work on organization. Have a planner or a calendar. Mark down everything. Study for tests as soon as you know about them, go over notes, and get a good nights sleep. Get involved inyour commnity, be involved in group projects, practice public speaking.

You are on your own. Financial aid I felt could have helped you out more and made sure everything that you needed done was done. That they harped on you more.

Monique

Dear Monique, This is the future version of you. I know you may be confused right now but I am here to give you some really serious advice. I understand how you are feeling right now you just turned 18, you are about to graduate and you feel like an adult. I am going to tell you right now you don't know anything about life. Please Please Please do not party too much. As the future you, I already know all of the horrible things you go through in two years. Go to college and dont waste time on "friends" and partying. In 2 years you can have an associates degree or moving on to a four year college. I didn't have that advantage because I fooled around and wasted time. With that also comes negative forces in your life which I hope you avoid. I regret the things I did because at this time I am still a freshman in college when everyone around me has moved on. So please, take this advice and use it because I know everything that will happen if you don't and its not pretty.

Mercyhurst University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.