Mount Vernon, OH
Mount Vernon Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University

Angelica

My overall experience with MVNU us something that is hard to describe. I love the atmosphere and the people, most of the professors are great too. I will be going into my second year at MVNU and I have high hopes. I do not know any student who is ready to get back into their work and studies, but I do know that I am ready to be around and involved in the open and supportive atmosphere that you can feel all throughout campus.

MVNU is a beautiful campus full of wonderful faculty and students. Its community-orientated atmosphere welcomes and involves everyone, and provides plenty of opportunities for new-coming students to get plugged in. Small professor-to-student ratios enable faculty to invest in students and guide them on an individual basis.

Kenzie

I really love Mount Vernon. We have a great, friendly, welcoming atmosphere here, and I am always comfortable on campus and off. They are very generous with their scholarships (everyone will get an academic one), and the class size is 21-23 so the professors will get to personally know you.

Cecily

I love attending Mount Vernon. I always feel safe walking on campus; but I usually tell my roommate where I'm going anyway. The professors are wonderful; they usually respond to emails quickly and are approachable. And I've met a lot of great people.

Grace

MVNU is a very special place, and not your "typical" college atmosphere. One of the best things about MVNU is there is a 0 tolerance for alcohol, drugs, and sexual activity, making the campus an extremely safe and comfortable place. MVNU strongly upholds students' rights, like Title IX which has to do with sexual assault, a topic that is often pushed aside at other colleges. This college cares strongly for the well being and success of its students which not only builds the students' confidence, but transforms them into mature, independent, and God-loving adults. Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a christian University, which means there are certain rules and regulations placed on the campus. While others may see this as constricting and in some ways annoying, I find them to be beneficial in the fact that it teaches students discipline and reliability which is a very important adult skill to obtain at such a young age. There are too many young adults living at colleges where they waste their time on sex, drugs, and alcohol which not only decreases their life span, but takes away the possibility of becoming well educated and earning good grades. MVNU is a university that genuinely shares the love of Christ to its students through kindness, discipline, acceptance, and encouragement. I couldn't think of a safer, more suitable college for myself as a Christ follower.

Kelsey

This is a Nazarene school in Ohio, so that makes it unique. Other than that it is a pretty typical Christian college. We have a creek, so that's cool. The food isn't horrible and it is then you can alway make a banana, chocolate, and peanut butter sandwich.

General education classes are awful. I don't think there is any way around that no matter what school you attend. That being said, I had a particularly bad experiance with my college writing class. I'm not sure my professor read all my papers. If he did, he wrote absolutely no comments. This is not really even typical of the school though, so you'll be fine. The other problem is admissions. They are not always very efficient or professional which caused difficulties at first, but now that I'm in, I feel better.

Hosanna

I absolutely love college life, but am sad to be seeing it slip by so quickly. I was so eager to leave highschool, I wish I had enjoyed my friends, teachers, and the environment I had and not rushed off to college as quickly as I did. Academically, I would tell myself to practice studying and not just the night before a test, as well as to train myself to take good notes. I've learned studying and notetaking are key in doing well in college classes. If I could advise highschool senior me, I would advise not to take my last year in highschool for granted and to enjoy each day for itself rather than wishing it were over with. I would encourage myself to be the best and do the best I could and not just the minimum to get by. I would tell myself to love, encourage, and lead my fellow classmates by being an example in all areas of life.

Kids who do not want a to be in a Christian enironment

It's close knit, very one on one with the professors, lasting friendships

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a quaint school that values friendships, education and christian morals.

Small-town high schools do not have much diversity. At least mine did not. It was like I was viewing the world with blinders on, only seeing what was directly in front of me. College yanked those blinders off my eyes without hesitation or remorse. Before I even began my first class, I was talking to people with different habits, different pasts, and different values. I was experiencing life for the first time in someone else's shoes. No longer was there only one way to look at the world, one way to think or act. I learned that there is beauty in diversity. If I could tell my high school self one thing, it would be to embrace the world. Experience it in all of it's diversity. Look beyond the curtains and see the world's true identity. I would tell myself to stop judging others because they were different, but to appreciate them because of these differences.

The best thing about Mount Vernon Nazarene University is the friendly environment. The teachers will do anything to help you out, and are often available. Students area also friendly.

Shaharra

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a spirited school, I dont say this because it is a Nazarene University, i say this because of the kind hearted, caring, and diverse community which provides an ideal learning envirnment.

If I had the chance to go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior my advice would be to have more fun. I would tell myself not to wish high school away or stress out over the future. I speant my entire senior year trying to get credit for college that I didnt get to enjoy my last year of high school, and if there was just one thing I could go back and say, it would be to just enjoy your last year because this is the place that sculpted you and these are the people who pushed you and before you know it, it will all be over. I believe that everything that I went through my senior year put me in the position that I am in today and I am thankful for that, but out of everything, I wish that I would have had more fun.

A person who is lost in life or doesnt know what to do with the future.

Brittney

I would tell myself to take AP classes and get more involved in community service and volunteer projects. I would tell myself to be more invested in the classes that I took because they would all matter later in college. I would tell myself not to worry about the high school scene and what was going on there, because college is gong to be a whole lot different. That this will be the place that I will discover who I am and find people that I will be friends with even after college. I would tell myself that highschool is no reflection of how college and life will be. That I will grow to be a muh better person and will find myself. I would tell myself that everything will be ok.

How difficult it would have been financially and how I could have prepared for it. I wish I would have known which classes I should take and which classes I probably should not take.

Somebody who wants a school with a strong Christian influence. Someone who wants an environment that does not really include on campus alcohol or drug usage. Someone who wants a small campus environment with professors who are caring, supportive, and invested in their students lives. Someone who wants to make lifelong friendships.

Mount Vernon Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.