Mount Vernon Nazarene University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mount Vernon Nazarene University

MVNU is a beautiful campus full of wonderful faculty and students. Its community-orientated atmosphere welcomes and involves everyone, and provides plenty of opportunities for new-coming students to get plugged in. Small professor-to-student ratios enable faculty to invest in students and guide them on an individual basis.

Grace

MVNU is a very special place, and not your "typical" college atmosphere. One of the best things about MVNU is there is a 0 tolerance for alcohol, drugs, and sexual activity, making the campus an extremely safe and comfortable place. MVNU strongly upholds students' rights, like Title IX which has to do with sexual assault, a topic that is often pushed aside at other colleges. This college cares strongly for the well being and success of its students which not only builds the students' confidence, but transforms them into mature, independent, and God-loving adults. Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a christian University, which means there are certain rules and regulations placed on the campus. While others may see this as constricting and in some ways annoying, I find them to be beneficial in the fact that it teaches students discipline and reliability which is a very important adult skill to obtain at such a young age. There are too many young adults living at colleges where they waste their time on sex, drugs, and alcohol which not only decreases their life span, but takes away the possibility of becoming well educated and earning good grades. MVNU is a university that genuinely shares the love of Christ to its students through kindness, discipline, acceptance, and encouragement. I couldn't think of a safer, more suitable college for myself as a Christ follower.

Audrey

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a school unlike any other. From the first visit, one will feel as if this is a place where they belong. The school offers a multitude of sports in the form of club and official teams. The school not only gives attention to athletics, but also to arts programs by offering programs for performing and visual arts. Although Mount Vernon does not have greek life, there is always something fun to do on campus from sporting events to campus run events. The housing is high quality with spacious dorms and apartments and minimal issues. The Cafeteria offers a wide variety of food and the meal plan is unlimited so a student will never go hungry. The professors are approachable and always willing to talk with the students. The school is academic focused, but the Christ focused atmosphere makes Mount Vernon a place to grow with others in a relationship with the Lord as well as academically. MVNU is more than just a college; it is a portal for young adults to not only work towards their career and academic goals, but also for them to grow closer to Jesus Christ.

Drew

I think it is a beautiful campus full of opportunity. Thud professors work with you and are easy to get ahold of, the dorms are reasonably sized, the campus food is amazing and there is plenty going on to keep you busy. You aren't very far from Columbus so if you run out of things to do you can always take a little trip. The school has specific courses to help you focus on and achieve your major.

I always looked up to the school for its homey and aesthetic appeal. I knew as soon as I stepped on campus, it was where I belonged. Every staff member and student are there to help each other grow. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking to further their​ education.

Abigail

Every person I've met at MVNU has been nice, and the campus is safe and picturesque. The dorms are comfortable and pleasantly decorated, and most of the food is quite good. The library is large and the people who work in it are pleasant about helping one find books. I've learned a lot in my classes, earned good grades, and usually had some free time too. And it's in a good location; Mount Vernon is safer than a big city, but still has plenty of stores, places to eat, and churches. Overall, I think MVNU is an excellent, comfortable university, and I would recommend it.

Steven

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a great Christian college atmosphere that offers a high-quality education. It is a great fit for believers of all traditions, and I'd encourage non-believers to consider applying as well. It's a great community of students and faculty that want to see you grow and excel in your field and take back what belong to Christ as we work as the Kingdom of God.

Savannah

I am currently a junior at Mount Vernon Nazarene University and I really enjoy it. I how how small the campus is and how that makes it so much easier to make meaningful relationships. The professors really care about you and always offer to give you one on one help when you are struggling. Overall, MVNU has given me some great experiences and introduced me to some of the best people I will ever know.

Angelica

My overall opinion of MVNU is that it is a place that I have come to love. The students and professors are always looking out for one another and that is hard to find at big public colleges. It's a blessing in disguise to be able to suggest the campus do something new or change something up. The administration is always asking and checking in on us as students.I'm blessed to be where I'm at.

Angelica

My overall experience with MVNU us something that is hard to describe. I love the atmosphere and the people, most of the professors are great too. I will be going into my second year at MVNU and I have high hopes. I do not know any student who is ready to get back into their work and studies, but I do know that I am ready to be around and involved in the open and supportive atmosphere that you can feel all throughout campus.

katie

I absolutely adore Mount Vernon Nazarene University. It has always felt like a second home to me and a place where I could truly be myself. I love the hopeful and family oriented atmosphere this college emanates. The people make you feel welcome and there is never a moment when someone is sitting by their lonesome. This college emphasizes a desire to be successful academically, spiritually, and mentally.

Abby

I love my college's community atmosphere, the willingness of students and faculty to engage with one another in an academic and spiritual friendship. Although the housing and food is mediocre. The relationships i have made and continue to make each year make it all worth it. The nursing program is one of the best in the states and a program I feel very blessed to be apart of. The nursing department allows me to begin clinical my sophomore year and gain an overwhelming amount of experience in every area of nursing, preparing me for my future career.

Cecily

I love attending Mount Vernon. I always feel safe walking on campus; but I usually tell my roommate where I'm going anyway. The professors are wonderful; they usually respond to emails quickly and are approachable. And I've met a lot of great people.

Kenzie

I really love Mount Vernon. We have a great, friendly, welcoming atmosphere here, and I am always comfortable on campus and off. They are very generous with their scholarships (everyone will get an academic one), and the class size is 21-23 so the professors will get to personally know you.

Chloe

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a great university, but there is not a lot to do around. There is not a lot of options for majors, and the programs are not that big. The professors care about the students and love what they are doing. Mount Vernon Nazarene University is really pretty with a lot of green grass.

This school has allowed me to grow in my faith, while also learning about my career. It has been mazing to see how impactful this college is in my happiness, I could not feel more welcomed. This is a school to find life long friends, important relationships with teachers, and success in academics. This is my home away from home.

Gabriel

MVNU is a great place to get to know people and build significant relationships. It is not a big school, so we find creative ways to keep ourselves entertained which brings us closer to each other. Everyone on campus is easy to talk to and willing to start a friendship. It is academically competitive and involved in the students lives. It is not perfect, but the students make it feel like home.

Andrea

MVNU has always been my dream school. I love how close the campus community is. I love how the professors take a personal interest in their students, how passionate students are about their chosen fields, the School Spirit all around, the provided nurses station and free therapy (if needed), the fact that classes start with a prayer, the chance to attend church service every day, the whole music and art programs, and the fact that it feels like home (even more so than my previous home). I feel safe at MVNU, and I can't wait to start my Junior Year this Fall.

MVNU is a safe place to learn, free of drugs and alcohol. MVNU’s professors are always available and make sure that their students know that they care about them. With hiking trails nearby, sports, clubs, and so much more it is easy for students to stay entertained when taking a break from homework. Overall MVNU is a positive campus that is focused on helping students grow academically, emotionally, and spiritually. The relationships made here last a lifetime.

Brianna

I truly love my school! There is a great Christian environment and there is so much love all around. I never feel unsafe, the class sizes are perfect for discussion and professors are typically available. I feel truly at home at this university. It is not perfect but it is still so wonderful.

The campus is very small with a really nice chapel. The professors are always available and willing to help. Everyone is very nice but there is not much to do off campus. This school is very religious being a private institution but chapel is mainly used for homework i most cases. The food is good but there aren't any meal plans so everyone has to buy the unlimited amount of swipes even if they don't go to the cafeteria often. For the amount of money that people pay to go here the campus is nice but, they could make improvements. Overall the school is nice and small but it definitely has its downfalls.