Sarasota, FL
Ringling College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ringling College of Art and Design

Asia

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I know exactly what I would say. I'd tell myself to work even harder and remain focused on my long term goals. The senior year is really only a step to the future - a fact that too few students remember. So I'd tell myself and anyone else who'd listen not to be distracted by the petty dramas and upheavals of the last year of high school. When you get to college, everything you do is vital; everything is moving you towards your future career. It's going to be wonderful and exciting, but it's also going to be tough. And you'd better be ready.

From my limited current experience, I can't see much in Ringling to complain about. My only complaint is about its academic limitations. For example, I wish there were more majors, like sequential art, fashion design, or creative writing. I also wish there was a greater selection of more interesting liberal arts courses. And sometimes the majors are so focused that there seems to be little room to just experiment and have fun, like there is in smaller art schools. However, these "problems" are a side effect of what makes Ringling great - its single-minded drive for excellence and success.

When I brag about Ringling, I usually mention its prestige - it is (for good reason) one of the top art colleges in the country, perhaps the world. What really drove this home for me is the number of international students - young people from India, the UK, China, and many other countries, who came to America specifically to study at Ringling. Its media arts programs, especially, are top notch, producing skillful illustrators, animators, and game artists. It seems like every animated or CGI movie of the last 15 years had a Ringling student or two working behind the scenes.

Cory

All aspects of art from illustration to animation and everything in between. Many big companies like Pizar, Dreaworks and Disney vist my college often because of all the talent that Ringling College of Art & Design help produce.

I have received so much information, and insight, in the art world that it has allowed me to improve significantly in just my first semester. Being surrounded by so much talent has given me the drive to push myself harder and to excel with my drawings. One of the first things I learned very quickly was to not procastinate and to do my homework when I received it, versus waiting until the night before it was due. I've also learned that money doesn't grow on trees. With the cost of my education and living needs I am finding that money is very tight and it is amazing how far I am able to stretch $30. I was hoping to get work study but I wasn't able to, so I think all incoming freshman should think about finances and make sure they save money instead of buying cd's, video games, etc to help them survive their freshman year. Another important thing I've come to realize is that my parents are my support system and without them I wouldnt be sitting in these fascinating classes today. This education will allow me to live my dreams!

I can't think of anything that is bad about my school, I love it here. My first semester is behind me and I've enjoyed all my classes and professors. This being said, I'd have to say that the worst thing about my school is the tuition cost. Ringling College of Art and Design is very expensive and unfortunatley I will graduate with high debt.

Kathryn-Dee

At Ringling School of Art and Design I have been able to get the one-on-one attention and instruction that I need with amazingly qualified professors. I am only in my second semester and i have grown as a photographer so much more than i though I would have. Ringling has already started to open doors for me and my career. It is a great school that is well ahead of most art schools in the country.

The kind of person that should attend Ringling School of Art and Design is one that is determined and passionate about their career choice. They must be focused and willing to spend most of their time on their work.

The type of person who should not attend this school is one who is not passionate and sure of what they want to do with their life. Also, if they are not willing to spend most of their time at school working on projects, they should not come here.

Andrea

Ringling is an educational hotspot and a great learning experience for all types of art students, and it offers several options in terms of career choice and job oppurtunities.

I feel incredibly honored to be a part of this magnificent collegiate experience. The teachers are professional but exceptionally personable, the students outgoing and creative, the campus beautiful and well-kept, and I wouldn't trade this oppurtunity for any other. I have developed many skills and techniques that will help me carve out a happy and successful career, the likes of which I would never find anywhere else.

My school is of the most renowned art schools in the world. Location-wise, it is set in beautiful Sarasota, about 5-10 minutes from the beach, and the downtown area is a fantastic place for shopping and site-seeing. Education-wise, Ringling does wonders for my prospects. Disney hand-picks the majority of its employees from this school, as well as dozens of other major corporations and companies. It's a hotspot for job oppurtunities and career choices, and those who attend Ringling have the advantage over many other art school students.

Spencer

My classmates are diverse, artistic, friendly, and great people overall.

My classmates are diverse, artistic, friendly, and great people overall.

There is nothing more wonderful than a brain filled with juicy new information and a talent continuously growing. Going to Ringling has fulfilled and surpassed my expectations. It has been my dream school ever since I knew what path I wanted to take in life. My artistic talent has improved tenfold and I proudly have Ringling and it's staff to thank for that. If I was given another chance to go to a different college, well, it's easy to say that there is no other place I would want to be. Ringling is my school, with my kind of people, who share my passion. I would not trade that for anything else.

The kind of person who is not looking for a art-filled career.

Valentine

Great campus, artsy, the students are very different yet everyone get along.

Great campus, artsy, the students are very different yet everyone get along.

Attending Ringling College of Art and Design has taught more things that I could have imagined. Growing up, I knew I wanted to work in an artistic field, but I wasn't sure what direction to take. As soon as I got in this school, I knew it was what was perfect for me. I enjoy every assignment given, and I put my work first. Ringling has taught me to be responsible, and to work hard. Ringling hosts many art shows and it's always so satisfying to be in one of them. It has also taught me to work in groups, to give and receive constructive criticism. I have also learned that our business, Art and Design, is so important in our society. Being in an artsy environment is so inspiring, and I am grateful to be a part of it.

I appreciate everything I have learned while being here.

Casey

I started at a 4 year school right out of high school and hated it. I dropped out and went to a community college until I really found myself and figured out what my passion was. When I first came to RIngling I was amazed at the resourses that I was going to be able to utilize. The staff is really there for the students and it shows in their attitudes. Whe I attended a large state school I felt like a number, but the Ringling teachers take the time to hep you understand the concept. The people that attend Ringling are 18-21, but they are very intelligent and creative. We all feed off of each others energy and strive to do our best work to inspire others' works. The art that surround the school has been a personal inspiration to have my work displayed someday. I have never been in an environment that has been so motivating, inspiring and connected until I came to Ringling.

The worst thing about my school is the cost of food in the New Acedimic Building. They charge six dollars for a sandwich! Outrageous.

I brag most about the teachers. I have loved all my teachers and have learned so much from them. They offer real life experiences that I will be able to use when I have my own career.

Loralei

I would give the advise to my old-self to prioritize school work before other things that I only wanted. Ringling is a very involved school, so I would let myself know to not procrastinate or half-finish things. It took me a semester to learnt his, but it would have been helpful to know before the fact.

The best part of Ringling is the involvement with your courses and majors. They let you take a couple courses your first year that revolves around your major, which most colleges won't do. Also, the labs are open almost all of the time, therefore you can explore outside the classroom.

I wish I would have known financially what I was about to go through, because I would have saved up more.

Leslie

Ringling is a great college, filled with teachers who are willing to help you out, and amazing classrooms and resources to use for projects.

Well, if I could go back in time, I would tell myself that Ringling is an amazing college that I should most definately attend. I would also tell myself that I should start saving up my money from my jobs so I can go there. Even though the cost is high, the education and experience that you get there is well worth it, plus all the facilities and different items they give you really help you grow as an artist. I'd also tell myself that I will make the best group of friends a girl can have, while I'm at Ringling, so there will never be a lonely moment, as I feared when I was a high school senior. Basically, I'd say that Ringling in the best thing that could've ever hapened to me.

The teachers are probably one of the best things at this school since they are all well'known artists in their fields and are experts at a variety of techniques and skills.

Marilyn

My classmates can be described as creative, motivated, supportive, driven, and spirited individuals that try to bring out the best in themselves and others in all aspects of their lives.

The best advice I would give myself is that regardless of how rough college demands can be, to never quit. When the times get tough you HAVE to buckle down and take care of business not for grades, but to enrich your mind, drive, and spirit. The hard times in life show you what you are really made of and capable of when you focus. By working hard you are not only ensuring yourself of a good grade but you are making the most of your education and by extension your future.

The only frustrations I have dealt with at this school is parking issues or a lack of parking to be more specific but they have put in a few more spaces this semester so that should help.

Ringling College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.