Rochester, NY
Roberts Wesleyan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roberts Wesleyan College

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

DMani

When I first stepped onto the campus, I absolutely loved how spacious and small the school was overall. During my tour I learned a lot about the school and I need to expect next year when I'm actually a student there, I love how approachable the teachers were when I met with them and the small classroom sizes were a definite must for how I learn. Even though Robert's Wesleyan will be like a home away from home I can definitely see myself growing here and I can't wait to be Red Hawk.

Bob

I had taken MSL program and it is neither MSL nor MBA the title of the program should be MBAL (L-Leadership) if you are from the technical field and the company did not send you there I would not recommend this program. The program is for folks that are in none technical field and you are wasting your money considering student loan for the graduate has interest so the $30k tuition is going to cost me $40k when done with payment and having a degree that no one knows it and carry no value in the industry.

Michaela

I have really enjoyed my time here at Roberts. The community feel is present and is something that had lead to the high ranking of safety on campus and the students feeling that they can connect on a deeper level with their peers and their professors. The faith on campus is also present, but it is not forced down your throat like other Christian colleges might do. The athletics are decent here as a NCAA D2 school. There are programs that are more successful than others, but things are on the rise. Academically, there is a lot that will help each individual succeed, as well as challenge themselves.

Kristen
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Aside from your dorm, If you really need to get some work accomplished, I would suggest going to the library. The upper level of the library is substantially quieter than the lower level. Both floors of the library have bathrooms on them, so you won't have to go searching for one.

Mobility or lack there of is the most frustrating thing about this campus. As you get deeper into your academic focus area, you are more likely to have to complete some kind of field work. Some of the events are for the whole class, so transportation will be provided. Most field activities require you to find your own transportation.

Although we come from different walks of life, the community here is very closely nit. Most people know each other, if not your name they at least know your face. As long as you put in the effort to introduce yourself, you can make new friends. The warmth I experienced from the staff and students my first week here, helped to cushion the shock of entering a new surrounding.

Bella

The best thing about Roberts is the professors and education you receive. The class sizes are small and the professors have the opportunity to know you and provide assistance when you need it. Roberts is very small which works for me. I wanted my undergrad to be at a smaller college where the focus was more on academics. I think the biggest complaints are the lack of anything to do on campus. The college does make an effort to provide campus activities but it could be better.

There is a clear division between the athletes that attend Roberts and the rest of the student body.

This is a predominately Christian college. I feel that there is diversity among social classes but there isn't a great deal of acceptance if you don't fall in their definition of Christian. Most students wear casual clothes. Students are involved in many of the issues facing the world today and a great deal of community service is performed.

Jamilah

The biggest Advise I would give to past Jamilah is to think of a dream she wants to accomplish and use that as a movitation. No matter what college you attend, there would be obstacles within the first week and it always the hardest to get through. The first week you are feeling homesick, a little anixous, and you are even feeling nervous about the new enviroment, which eventually you will have to call it home. This feeling might not go away for maybe two weeks but remember movitation will be the only thing that keeps you driven. Remember what you want achieve! Remeber where you want to be in 10 years! Remember who you want to empower! Remember the sacrifices you have gave and will give. Remember all of this and use it as your moivtation!

The best thing about Robert Wesleyan College is the faculty and the students. I only have three weeks attending Roberts and I have yet felt out of place. The upperclassmen are extremely nice and helpful. If you need to find a building or simply need help with the laundry machine, they help you in a heartbeat and they do it with a smile. Roberts faculty are amazing! They are the nicest people you will ever meet! You can have a thousand questions about your financial aid, your classes, and they will be very happy to guide you through your transition.

Roberts Wesleyan College is a college that bulids leaders.

Sara

If you aren't a Christian, it may not be a great fit. People here are passionate about their faith. I haven't experienced people as being super-pushy, but Christianity is a big part of life here.

I would say not to stress too much about grades. As important as they are, other things are more important. Rearrange your priorities.

I know all my professors really well. It's a nice balance of size- not too big, not too small. :)

Teryn

If I could go back and give myself some advice I would have a few things to say. The biggest mistake that you could make now is thinking you should have it all figured out, you have the time and the resources to find the correct path for you and when you do you will realize that it was all worth it. Over the next few years you will find yourself becoming a completely different person, be open to new ideas and changes. Take some time to get to know yourself and what you stand for. Do not focus on a major in college that will make you money, find something that will make you happy and make you feel like you are making a difference in this world because that is who you are. Hold on tight to the people that bring out the best in you, let go of those that do not. Be confident, be sensitive, be considerate, be brilliant, be determined and be creative. Wherever you go, go with your heart.

The worst thing about the school is the size. While small is sometimes good, you do not have enough options when it comes to picking your class and picking your professor.

A liberal arts college with a Christ centered view.

College is nothing like high school. In high school it's all about fitting in and who has the most friends. In college, it's about finding out who you really are and becoming the person you're meant to be. There's no pressure to fit in and be someone you're not. If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior, I'd tell myself it's more important to stand up for what I believe in and be who I want to be than the number of friends I have. People will come and go throughout my life, but the person I am has an impact on people and I believe the person I want to be and hope to be could make a difference in someone's life even if I don't realize it. The bottom line and the one thing I'd tell myself as a high school senior would be to be the person I am, no matter who's watching or who's not. You never know when or if you could make a difference in someone's life.

A kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is an atheist. This college is Christian based and has Christian based teachings.

Its very easy to make friends and feel like you belong. I had a hard time in high school with making friends and here I had no problem and the college itself is very welcoming.

Dynasty

If I could assume the role of Doctor Who and travel back in time, I would have a lot of advice for my younger (and much less wise) self. To begin with, I would advise myself to avoid my original college; the place seemed to have issues besides it not being the proper fit. This would have saved me a year of my life. Another piece of wisdom delivered to myself would be not to worry about picking a major; I worried like I was insane and as of yet never made a decision. I wish for it to be a wise one. To delve deeper into researching colleges would be my last piece of advice. The first school put me behind a bit but a lot of my indecision is the result of procrastination. Hopefully I will figure it out, and she would know how to go about it better than myself. Outside of college advice I would offer two more streams of caution: 1) love your mother while she's here, you never know where she will be and 2) try to get a job earlier.

Roberts Wesleyan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.