Sanford, FL
Seminole State College of Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seminole State College of Florida

Kathleen

My classmates vary in age and race.

My classmates vary in age and race.

Each wednesday they have events on campus.

I would tell myself to keep an open mind for new experinces. Also that it is alright to step out of your comfortzone because that is what thsi time in college is about.

Karen

High school students should be prepared to plan things well in advanced. They should stash away studytime and get ready to put their social lives on the backburner. Thats the only way they'll survive.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of variety in food choice and the high prices in the cafe.

If a person needs one-on-one attention and professors that remember their name then Seminole State is a perfect fit. People who don't care for the frat parties, sports games, and large crowds that universities bring would enjoy it too. The accelerated degree programs and certifications help those who don't care for the college scene either. Seminole State customizes itself for the general interest of the majority of its students. People who are in financial straights might still be able to afford it.

Fabys

If I Have to return to my senior year at high school I will advice myself to have first of all better grades. My grades from Highschool unfurtenitly affected my tranfering for the community college. Also, I will advice that If I have to oportunity to take classes in my highchool that will count in my transfer to the college I will do it. I will save more time at Univeersity and also I will ave the opportunity to take extra classes that could help me with the major. The most important thing will be change the way I studied. At college thing are different and the best way to change is in Highschool. Caring more about my classes and study everyday can make a HUG difference in my life and also in my grades.

The worst thing right now in my school is the parking lot. SCC is under construction today's so is kind of hard try to find a space where to park. But hopefully in one more year the construction will be done and then the school will be in really good condiction and offering better opportunities for the students.

Any person can attend this school. Just they need to have in mind that they have to study hard. The school offers a lot of opportunities for any person. If you want to come and study at SCC just como tu STUDY not to party.

I might suggest attending Community College before attempting a four year university. I was not prepared for everything that a four year school required nor offered. I would definitely have told myself to stick it out and attend class and get it done way back then instead of skipping classes and flunking out like I did. Those years on campus are some of the best years of your life. Rush a sorority, get involved in campus activities, be a part of your school because real life is not as fun and doing all those things before getting a job and starting a family is something you can't go back and do again.

How to use www.ratemyprofessor.com, which I use now, my first couple of teachers were not that great. I do really enjoy SSC especially the Altamonte Campus

The reduced hours and lengthy waits to register or talk to financial aid. It took me three tries just to drop off the financial aid paperwork and I didn't even need to nor get to speak to someone.

Ericka

I don't generally speak to my classmates because I like to concentrate on the educational aspects of the institution rather than the social.

I am attending Seminole State College of Florida to get my associates degree, and then I plan on attending the University of Florida. Seminole State College is unique because it is close to home, and it allows me to get an affordable AA.

If I were able to go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior, there is much I would say. First and foremost, I would encourage myself, explain that rejection is a part of life, but even so, I need to go for the things that I want. I would push myself to apply to more colleges, this would allow me more options when deciding overall which one would be the best for me. I would also attempt to persuade myself to apply for more scholarships. My family doesn't have the financial ability to pay for my transition to the University of Florida, and gaining scholarships early on would have made things much easier now. I would tell myself that there is no need to be afraid, although college is very important, and things are changing, it's another chapter in our life, and it needs to be embraced. Putting it off isn't going to stop it from happening, it will only make it hard in the long run. I would say "college life is different than high school, but it is an amazing chance to grow into someone remarkable."

Seminole State College of Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.