Seton Hill University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Seton Hill University

Allie

It's a very unique, quiet, and small school, but, there are loads of groups to join, teams to be a part of, and opportunities to be had. If you're looking for a huge party school where there are parties every night and you'd easily be lost in a crowd....this is not your school. BUT, if you like a place where you can walk everywhere, know your teachers better, know your classmates better, and feel a part of a community, this is the school for you. It has a lot of character.

Austin

Overall I have fell in love with Seton Hill. At first it was not my favorite place and I went home a lot but I found to enjoy everyday at SHU. The people I am around always push me to be a better person and the proffesors always push me as well. The opportunites have allowed me to become a better and more diverse person.

Jordan

Seton Hill University is a great school with an amazing and safe atmosphere. Not only are the classes great, but the housing and food is too! The University also has very intelligent and caring professors, so it makes me feel very at home. I am proud to be a Setonian and I will always be proud.

Jackie

I love Seton Hill. The class sizes are very small compared to other colleges I looked at, usually 12 students to each professor. The largest class I've ever been in had 45 students in it, and my smallest class is just me and the professor one on one. While there is no Greek life, there are always events happening on campus and the social atmosphere is very welcoming.

Caitlin

Seton Hill is a close-knit community where everyone treats each other like family. Every time you walk around campus you see a friendly face. As a sophomore, I know almost everyone at the school, as well as many of the professors. Seton Hill is a place where you can go and feel safe while away from family to get the best education possible.

Kamille

Seton Hill University is overall a wonderful school. Most students on campus are involved in athletics or arts. The class size is small which is nice because you have the opportunity to have conversations with professors which makes learning topics that are unfamiliar, a little bit easier to learn.

Leroy

This School is okay not too bad but it could be a lot worse. The students tend to be really nice and fun to hang around. The teachers are very professional and very helpful. I've not seen too many activities to partake in around campus. But we as students make our own fun.

Kelsey

Seton Hill University is an amazing campus that cares about every single student attending. I always feel like I am welcomed and that I am always able to succeed here. I would highly encourage students to attend here. There are many different activities to be involved in and many different kinds of people to meet.

Alexis

Seton Hill University is an overall great school with small things to make it a better campus, like the bathrooms in the housing. The staff and faculty are absolutely amazing and caring. They are there for you and want the best for you at the end of the day.

Gabby

Overall, Seton Hill University is an extraordinary postsecondary school. When deciding on what college would work best for me, I was contemplating on whether or not the school would be welcoming. Fortunately, Seton Hill was one of the most welcoming colleges that I had visited. Here we constitute the the four pillar program. This contains service, kindness, creativity, and openness. Seton Hill welcomes everyone no matter race, ethnicity, or social class, and that is one aspect that really drew me to the school. The staff and students really do care about your individual achievements and want to watch you grow and succeed in whatever you plan to do.

Brianna

My overall opinion of this school, is that it is my dream school. This school has mostly everything that I wanted except greek life but thats okay. Seton Hill has given me many opportunities since freshman year, and the great thing I like is that the professors care for your grade if your putting in the effort. Being apart of the griffin community I have started their first ever Step Team and the community loves it, we are very diverse and do different styles each performance. We've performed for greensburg, pep rallies and different events that are on campus. Just recently we got invited to be apart of a step competition for Spring of 2019 which is pretty cool. Seton Hill explores opportunities that the students talk about and ask for.

Dana

Seton Hill University is a small campus where everyone treats each other like family. Students and staff are treated with respect and integrity. This is one of the friendliest campus's I have been on. Always have I been greeted with a smile from every person. You learn so much more education through the liberal arts school here at Seton Hill than you would at a state school. You learn the ability to interact with people on different levels, speak and write efficiently, independent thinking, as well as flexibility and adaptability. All these things learned here at Seton Hill can help you outside of an education setting.

Tim

From the moment I toured campus, I have loved the school. Its natural beauty was what originally caught my eye and pulled me in. After that, the tour showed much construction on a new Health Sciences wing and a new Visual Arts building downtown which says that the school is growing. A year after that, we are now expanding our Dining Hall to almost double its previous capacity. This shows not only growth but stability in the management and administration of the school. By using the offered work study position in the Admissions Office, I know that we have climbing enrollment numbers to support this too. However, there seems to be less focus on expanding the size or number of residence buildings on campus. While many other students believe there is almost no room, I think they underestimate the number of available rooms, but this will be an issue in the coming years. The residents of these buildings vary greatly, showing on campus diversity. There is typically much to do on campus if you are willing to search for it. A downside seems to be a caution of scheduling an event for a Friday night due to the fear that the audience will then go out and party, and being a dry-campus, this could be problematic. The high number of Thursday night events then suffer because very few of us can truly relax since there is still one more day of classes to worry about. School athletic events are popular but not as outwardly advertised as they should be. Our football games are usually one of the most attended, but fall short because we need to use a local high school’s stadium since we don’t have one of our own. Therefore, we need to find rides to the games and this deters many from going to the games. On the other hand in the realm of academics, we are a liberal arts school, meaning that we are required to take a variety of classes in order to graduate. I find this only proves to be effective when the teacher is invested in giving a great course. When a teacher knows that a majority of the class is there for the liberal arts credit rather than the major, the class becomes a blow-off one and there is little investment from either the students or the teacher. When a teacher fully invests themselves into the course, it becomes enjoyable for all those involved because the teaching staff is truly a joy. Most of them are available outside of class and are there to help when you ask for it. Advisors prove challenging but that is because the major is the students’ work rather than the teachers’. This all culminates in a capstone presentation in one’s senior year to show they have fulfilled the requirements in their own major as well as the liberal arts curriculum. A separate capstone is required if one is part of the Honors Program as well. Overall, on a scale of 100 I would give my school Seton Hill University an 85 because it is challenging but not overly so. The on campus activity is great when it is wanted. There is almost something to do. Its expanding nature shows the school is growing and will be for years to come.

Derrick

Seton Hill has an excellent environment for learning, living and growing. It is like a community all to itself. The students and faculty are welcoming and a close family. Seton Hill is perched beautifully upon on hill that overlooks the quaint city of Greensburgh in southwestern Pennsylvania.

Seton Hill University is becoming more anymore popular. It started as a small only female school, then became a both gender school, and is continuing to add more and more population. The school is rising higher and higher, with its new sports fields and new cafe, as well as other things such as being an Apple campus. Each and every student is supplied with a mac book air as well as an iPad mini. This is so that each and every person on campus has the same learning abilities as the rest, there is no excuses or lost stragglers. I am glad to be a part of the community that is going "this way up".

Sierra

Nice college but there is not much to do on the weekends. On the weekends the options are to either party and get drunk or to sit around doing nothing. They need a football field on the actual campus. But it is not the worst, it is very close to home kind of feeling and is really beautiful.

Zoe

Love the atmosphere, but wish sports played better. People come from all over the world and they make sure that everyone gets involved within the community and the university. The liberal arts curriculum is nice, but can be a bit much at times. They basically get you right into your major, but they just tell you what you need to take.

Jerrod

I think that the school would be better if it had more teachers for each class so that students could pick classes at various time to fit their schedule, it would also allow for classes to be available year round instead of one every fall odd years.

samuel

The school is a very good school academically, also is a very great school sports wise. Overall a great environment and a great school to attend. The school is one of the top ranked Division 2 sports programs in america very good school academically a top ramked scholl as well.

If you like a small, private, Catholic university, it would be perfect for you! As a commuter it can be hard to feel included on such a small campus (not to mention parking is awful). It personally isn't the best school for me, but it is a great school and the more you get involved the better it is.

Caleb

Seton Hill is a university for students looking for a small school, where they can feel at home away from home. The feel around campus is always friendly from the janitors to the lunchroom workers all the way to the president of the University. Every part of campus makes the stay just that much better

Mary

Overall, Seton Hill University is beyond great! The faculty and staff are so friendly and students are treated like family. There is always so much to do on campus, as there is a rich variety of activities and clubs that cover just about any subject that someone can want. The entire campus has the aesthetics of Hogwarts and it is very unique in architecture and design. The campus is in a period of great expansion but all the new buildings are designed with the same architecture and design as the old buildings that have been around since the 1800s. Seton Hill is a very old and historic campus. It began as a convent and then was converted into a college that was for girls. Currently, the Seton Hill population is co-ed and just about as diverse as can be! Although Seton Hill is a Catholic university with a beautiful marble chapel, they do not require students attend mass or be Catholic at all. There are student from all religions and cultures to be found at Seton Hill. I would say that Seton Hill University is a wonderful and accepting community of diverse students who all make the Seton Hill community the close-knit and accepting college community that it is.

Hailie

I would recommend Seton Hill to anyone. It's a great school as well as the area around it. The school is centered around shops and restaurants so there is a lot to do. The school itself is small enough to not feel overwhelmed but large enough that you don't feel closed in. The people and the staff are amazing and so helpful with any questions that you may have.

T

Overall, I am pleased with Seton Hill. The class sizes are not big at all, and professors usually know the students' names. It is a small campus with a family feel as when you are walking around, there is usually someone you know walking by. The food is mediocre, but I have heard of worse in other places. In terms of diversity, they are working on inclusion and trying to make everyone feel welcome from all different backgrounds. The sport scene is lively as there is usually lots of support for the various teams. The campus has a mixture of old and new as there are buildings from the original campus built 100 years ago and new ones to follow along with the constant changing times. It is a nice place to be if you are looking for a low-key, calm college experience.

Courtney

Very welcoming and thorough with what is expected. Always willing to guide and assist students. Will help with job placement.

I loved it. Everyone was so kind to me including fellow students, alum, professors, and employees. Their guidance program is great. They’re wonderful with communication and they want everyone involved in as much as they can. I cannot wait to begin in the fall.