Shenandoah University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Shenandoah University

makayla

Shenandoah University is a beautiful campus. The school has a family based environment. It's one of the most diverse colleges i have had the opportunity to visit. I am happy i am a freshman starting there this year. I have a feeling this school most definitely will have a big impact on my life from this point forward.

Andrew

I'm not an alumnus of Shenandoah University but have chosen to support SU because it has meant so much in enhancing the quality of life in our area. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the students. They are very motivated to not only succeed in their careers but also give back to the world. Students support each other as members of a community of caring. After four years here students really hit their stride and become very self confident. SU is a fine school that keeps getting better. All departments are good but the health professions and conservatory are outstanding and in many ways cutting edge. The campus is beautiful and Winchester as well as the Shenandoah Valley have a lot to offer. There is even a campus right on the Shenandoah River.

Rowan

Shenandoah has something for everyone. There are lots of sports teams and the whole campus is centered around both the College of Arts & Sciences and the Conservatory, so there are equal focuses on athletics, academics, and the arts. The atmosphere of campus is very relaxed and accepting of all different kinds of people and the surrounding area of Winchester is very pleasant, safe, and accessible. As a piano performance major, I appreciate the attention to the maintenance and quality of the facilities for practicing and performances and love that it is an all-Steinway school.

Amber

I absolutely love Shenandoah University. This school has an absolutely amazing music program, and truly cares about its students. The staff reaches out to their students as well as encourages and excites them. Along with giving us plenty of opportunities in the campus, we are also given opportunities outside of the country. Shenandoah gives it's students the chance to explore the world through both study abroad programs and a program that they call the Global Citizenship Project. This program allows students to go to another country during spring break and learn about another culture through experience. Due to all of this, I feel that Shenandoah University is the best university out there.

Mickayla

Shenandoah university is a great school that values community, education, and overall well-being. Most professors seem to genuinely care about how you are doing in classes and have office hours so you can talk about assignments and grades. The only thing that I could possibly complain about is the food.

Alaina

It is a nice school with nice scenery. It is a great school for nursing students and anyone in the conservatory. There are new buildings that are very nice and the food has improved a lot since I first started. I like how close everything is in Winchester, there is a Walgreens right across the street and lots of fast food chains and stores, and there is a decent mall and movie theater as well. The conservatory puts on really awesome performances and the sports teams here a pretty good. Overall, it is a good school to go to. I would say the worst thing is how expensive it is.

Overall, Shenandoah University is a decent school and has lots of opportunities for the students, both in academics and extracurricular activities. There are a wide variety of majors to choose from. The students are generally all nice to one another and the teachers are always helpful.

It's the best environment for both learning and creating new friends. I love all of my classes and can't wait for the next semester. The only cons of this school are that the food makes my stomach upset, and the tuition is really expensive. But it has been worth it so far.

I love going here. There are so many opportunities in and outside of my major that I can be involved in and all the professors are friendly and helpful. Students are all very friendly and will help you whenever you ask. Ive made so many friends since Ive gotten here and I am involved in so many activities.

Diana

It's very nice. Beautiful campus and town. People can be rude, and hard to get along with.

Catherine

Shenandoah University is an extraordinarily enriching environment. I am a double major in the Conservatory and I love being immersed in classes that are all relevant to my majors. I find myself learning more about my craft and developing as an artist all the time, and it is amazing how many outside professionals SU brings in to assist us in our education!

Ritchie

I love Shenandoah University. It has quickly and easily become my second home. The small campus and close faculty give a great family vibe and there is always something to do. SU blesses its students with traveling opportunities left and right, along with cool activities to do on and off campus! The only downside would be the food, which sometimes is not the best. Also, finding a parking spot is a fun game, but that has seemed to improve since last year!

Morgan

Shenandoah has many advantages, especially depending on your choice of major. As a music major, I appreciate that the conservatory is considered such a large priority. There are always arts events going on around campus, so if that's your thing, you'll never be bored. And though our sports aren't always the strongest, there is still a strong sense of school spirit. I was drawn to Shenandoah because of the small class sizes, friendly vibe, and my interactions with my primary teachers. Going here, I have found that all of my teachers are easy to find and talk to, and my peers are very supportive. The primary cons of Shenandoah are based in its facilities. The food is usually so-so at best, and there is a pretty large quality gap between some of the freshman dorms. The facilities, though they are improving, aren't top notch. But overall, I love Shenandoah and am glad that I made the decision to call it my home.

Morgan

Shenandoah is a great school. It has beautiful scenery, get academics and amazing staff. Campus life is good, the gym is amazing and the athletic events are fantastic. But, the people on campus can be rude.The weekend life is hit or miss. Either there are a bunch of parties, which equals a bunch of fun. Or nothings going on an everybody is board. The food isn't great but there are lots of places to go and eat off campus. Walmart is 4 minutes away and there is a mall right across from campus.

Rachael

I think that Shenandoah University is incredibly unique, which is why students from all over the world come here. Our theatre program is amazing, with shows designed and run almost entirely by students. There is also plenty of variety in areas of study, from nursing to business to costume design. The environment is very friendly and everyone is willing to help. It is the kind of place that immediately feels like home.

Rose

Horrible campus. Buildings are disgusting, old, small and moldy. Horrible dorms. Dorms are old motels - this past year one "dorm" was found to have black mold so all the students were relocated into a hotel so it could be cleaned. Absolutely disgusting. Horrible administration. My husband had to send his transcripts THREE times before the administrative office finally got it right. Apparently the transcripts were "lost" three times. No communication. Not well organized. From my experience and my husbands, we are not pleased with this university. For a private institution, it should be top notch especially when you are paying $850 per credit hour. Take your money and go to a college that invests back into the students and classrooms. $850 can get you a lot further at a different university.

Naomi'

My overall opinion of Shenandoah is that even though it is a small college everyone gets along with everyone and its like a big family that supports one another whenever they are in need. Shenandoah offer good sports for people who are very active and there is a lot of talent in our school so if your interested in music or playing an instrument then this college is just right for you. However, I feel like there should be more groups to join so that there is a variety and its not the same old things.

Brittney

Shenandoah University has a unique setting where the Shenandoah valley lies, which allows Abraham's Creek to flow right through campus. The academics are excellent, offering a wide variety of class selections and encouraging students to be well rounded individuals by requiring an extra domain that other colleges do not have. Shenandoah University housing is clean, organized, and provides a safe home, with Resident Assistants available at every hour, for students right on campus. What I enjoy the most about Shenandoah University is the small, close community that allows me to find friends while also making new friends everywhere I go. The small community makes me feel as though we are all a family and we have each other's backs. I also love that Shenandoah University has an amazing Conservatory full of talent as well as Division 3 athletics in many different sports. Most schools as small as Shenandoah do not even have athletics at all. I feel as though Shenandoah University has everything college has to offer and so much more.

Vicoria

While visiting Shenandoah University I was impressed by the school and enjoyed the tour. One major quality that show the character of the collage is that they provide an equal opportunity for technology. That allow each student to put their best foot forward with their education. Also, they have a wide option for food choice that allow students to choose from healthy quality food. It is a small campus so getting to class on time is not and issue. The classes are small and interactive, and the teachers are very knowledgeable in their subject. Lastly there is a selection of dorms to accommodate to each and every person.

Azar

I am enrolled in a second degree nursing program. The program is great and most important the faculty and professors are amazing, student always have access to resources and the faculty. They respond to emails within minutes, and are super nice and helpful.

Jaden

Shenandoah University is a great institution. It offers great opportunities to its students as far as internships and studying abroad. The faculty cares about the students and has their interests at best. Technology throughout the campus allows for a quality education to be able to compete with the prestigious institutions.

Courtney

Shenandoah University consists of horrible food, phenomenal teachers, multiple amounts of performances and concerts, friendly students, beautiful dancers, and a brand new athletic building. The best and my most favorite part about this campus is the fact that puppy city is ten minutes away.

Paige

Shenandoah is like one big family. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming, there are plenty of things to do on and off campus. Shenandoah also offers plenty of free services like tutoring, which is a huge help. Professors and advisors are all extremely helpful. I have loved every minute at Shenandoah so far!

Evan

Great school, I look forward to receiving an education from there.

Shenandoah is a great school. There are ample opportunities to volunteer in the community and partake in activities on and around campus. The class sizes are small, so the students are able to build strong relationships with their professors. Campus is small so you never get lost, and the sports games are fun to go to.

Shannen

I cannot imagine attending another school. This University has made me feel at home since day one. The academics are amazing, and the professors really care about your success. In the dorm, we have amazing RAs, they always make sure that everyone is safe and happy. I highly recommend SU, you will not regret it :)

Elijah

I have visited the campus twice and Shendoah has become my number one choice of all the schools I have visited. The friendly atmosphere from everyone has been inviting. I am interested in playing football and pursuing a degree in Sports Medicine. I have spoken with a football recruiter and I was highly impressed with the amount of academic support that’s provided to make sure an athletic doesn’t loose focus of their primary focus which is their academics for that college degree.

Ashleigh

My opinion on Shenandoah is that the campus is beautiful, however not only is the campus beautiful but interacting with the professors is very open. They really care about how you succeed. Being a visitor and a future student when I visited I felt like I was already living the life of a college student. The students, teachers and coaches were all respectful and truly cared about your well-being. I cant wait to be a Hornet.

Shannon

This is an amazing school with wonderful opportunities available both during and after your time here. We have plenty of opportunities to study abroad as well as getting involved with things at the school such as clubs and sports. The culture here is very much like a family.

Shaunghnessy

My overall opinion of Shenandoah University is that this is a place to grow not just in your career but in yourself it give you a seen of beauty and a chance of freedom. It is a place of creativity and rigor. It's a good place to be. And I would love to be a student at Shenandoah University.